Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donegal2012

davydoc wrote: »
    How will they be gone, sure there'll be no-one to take them if the test results aren't known ???

I asked her about the Jobs that are available from June and she said they pick from whatever they have left from last years panel until interviews are held this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

I asked her about the Jobs that are available from June and she said they pick from whatever they have left from last years panel until interviews are held this year!!
    Don't think they can do that - new year, new panel, as far as I know.....But I could be wrong. I asked the union rep in here ( cause its them who agree to all these things ) and thats what she told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Don't think they can do that - new year, new panel, as far as I know.....But I could be wrong. I asked the union rep in here ( cause its them who agree to all these things ) and thats what she told me.

Makes no difference what the union rep thinks. If last year's panel was not stood down, then CS can use it, til its exhausted if they so wish.

I stand corrected :)

I would have thought though, that when the recruitment process for this year started, then last years was 'stood down' , but if you know better then so be it.Saying that, we had one start in here a few weeks ago, but can't say for sure if it was before or after the recruitment started...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mayoboy55

Does anyone know what the chances are of someone getting a job with no previous experience in the civil service?? Do they hire many new people every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chatterbox93

mayoboy55 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the chances are of someone getting a job with no previous experience in the civil service?? Do they hire many new people every year?
    i got a 12 week contract last year with no previous experience in the civil service or any office experience at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14 labk

I had my interview last year end of March and got top rank but wasnt called until August as I had holidays book in July and they said no department would take anyone with holidays. I know people who were on the reserve panel and they have been called for positions starting in April & May as the new panel isnt active yet.

Won't be long now I'd say till you get word - all the ones in here found out yesterday if they're acting up over the summer, so , good luck everyone !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Won't be long now I'd say till you get word - all the ones in here found out yesterday if they're acting up over the summer, so , good luck everyone !!!

Hi there, what do you mean by acting up over the summer.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

The ones who are taking up temporary promotions over the summer - they found out in here yesterday who was going where.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

The ones who are taking up temporary promotions over the summer - they found out in here yesterday who was going where.

I see, thank you. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Nothing as of yet so hopefully on Monday we'll find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Nothing as of yet so hopefully on Monday we'll find out :)

we could be saying this every friday for a few weeks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Hi guys, I'm very relieved to see other people haven't gotten calls either. I was worried I had been passed over. I'm doing my nut looking at door to door and commission only jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Rang dublin this morning and their saying another 2 weeks!!! dunno wats going on like

bangors85 wrote: »
    Rang dublin this morning and their saying another 2 weeks!!! dunno wats going on like

More than likely !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

I was watching today, I was sure it'd be soon. Oh well. Thanks for updating us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Is the public jobs website down?? I've been trying to log in all morning and can't get past the home page to sign in!!

It says it's doing maintenance so will be down from 12-3 today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Glad to hear that people are still waiting on calls etc. Thought this had passed me by :)

I got message to check public jobs, I got top band for Dublin woohoo. They said they would mail me for interview if position becomes available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I got the same message bulmersgal!

Location choice: Dublin
    Dear *****
    As a result of your responses to the On-line Screening Questionnaire which you completed recently as part of your application for the above campaign, you have been ranked in the Top Group for your selected county above. In the event of sufficient vacancies arising during your stated availability, we may be calling you for interview at a later stage. Should you be among those to be invited, we will be emailing you giving you details of your interview location, date and time.

Please note, if you are an applicant for a location in List B, a separate result will issue to you for that location.
    I wish to thank you for your participation in the campaign.
    Yours sincerely

Brilliant hopefully we get word on interview soon.

i'm assuming it's only Dublin that have heard so ? :) congrats lads :D

Thanks only got message 20 min ago, say the rest of people will hear today. So much for the 2 weeks they said yesterday

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Thanks only got message 20 min ago, say the rest of people will hear today. So much for the 2 weeks they said yesterday

ah this year they are a pure disaster last years was so much better organised like i was waiting for an email on interviews at this stage having heard in march i was in the top band :)

Yeah who no's what's going on, I'll prob be back in college in sept before I get called for interview

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Top group for Mayo. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Paul Dar

Hi all, I just got an email for the top group for Longford. Happy now. Does anyone know what happens next? I.E Are you sure of interview or just maybe? Thanks folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement