Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

I got a text to let me know I had a message on the publicjobs website.

I'd say they are doing it in phases... in fairness they do tend to keep everyone informed. So hold tight for a little longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Still naught from Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

If you are on the reserve do you realistically have no chance? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Got the Reserve list there for Kildare. Little bit disappointed as I was hedging bets on getting a little bit of work out of it.

Guys is the reserve just the nice way of rejecting your application :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 shannone

scoopmine wrote: »
    Reserve list for Dublin gutted.

same as :( was quietly hoping that I'd get it....oh well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Not necessarily people got jobs out of it last year.

Gutted I got reserve, would do anything to gain employment in this country :(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Paul Dar

It's hard to know about the reserve, But I wonder does being in the top group mean you are going to get an interview? Anyone hearing anything from Longford? Any word on when interviews are?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Hi guys, just got text from publicjobs. Top group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

got reserve group.

was so nervous when i got the text, disappointed i didn't get it

Still no message. Agh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Gutted, got reserve list for Donegal. I just knew I wouldnt get top group this year. Got in the last 2 years on Top group.

Is there just two categories? Top group and reserve? or does anyone get told they werent accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chatterbox93

reserve group :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Its pure pot luck.
    This is what I know for a fact,Mrs A is currently working as a TCO and was called from the reserve panel last time round.
    Mrs A's husband was on the first panel last time round and never got called even for interview.
    Mrs A(currently working as TCO) got text today stating she met standard once again-even though she has no knowledge of computers.
    Mr B is working with Mrs A(currently as a TCO) has a good working knowledge of computers and hand on heart is more suited to current TCO
    job that Mrs A yet has not been called for this years panel.Anybody can fill out an online application.Congratulatiions to those who have met this years standard and to those who have not don't be down hearted.

theparish wrote: »
    Its pure pot luck.
    This is what I know for a fact,Mrs A is currently working as a TCO and was called from the reserve panel last time round.
    Mrs A's husband was on the first panel last time round and never got called even for interview.
    Mrs A(currently working as TCO) got text today stating she met standard once again-even though she has no knowledge of computers.
    Mr B is working with Mrs A(currently as a TCO) has a good working knowledge of computers and hand on heart is more suited to current TCO
    job that Mrs A yet has not been called for this years panel.Anybody can fill out an online application.Congratulatiions to those who have met this years standard and to those who have not don't be down hearted.

I'd be surprised if that was true tbh.

Reserve. Same as last year. Had no text or email. Just logged into public jobs myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Got Reserve Panel in Meath. At least I know now :D

Montroseee wrote: »

The truth is often surprising.
    And as I said I know it is a fact.

Anyone (or know anyone) who got on the reserve list last year or in the last few years, did you get called for an interview? and did you get the job? Just want to know how hopeful it is getting in on reserve list. Thanks.

Ps: Also if it was in the Donegal group or not.

• Advertisement

If you read over this thread people on reserve list got called for interview

ciaramc wrote: »
    Anyone (or know anyone) who got on the reserve list last year or in the last few years, did you get called for an interview? and did you get the job? Just want to know how hopefully it is getting in on reserve list. Thanks.

Ps: Also if it was in the Donegal group or not.
    Munster region people have got jobs from reserve ahead of people from
    first panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 labk

Got reserve for Dublin having got top band last few years. Not too worried have temp job at moment and might be called later in year and have holidays booked which I put on application so that might also have something to do with it. I know a few people who go called from reserve over last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cheese1234

Got a text to check messages on publicjobs account only to find out

Reserve :)

Thanks guys for your replying, sorry for repeating the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

theparish wrote: »
    Its pure pot luck.

This is DEF true !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Top group for Mayo. :)

Meet your competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I wouldn't. I worked with someone (both TCO's) who didn't even know how to right align an address in a letter. Shocking incomptence and she got on last years top band and another long term contract (has since been sacked for gross misconduct).

People on the Reserve, don't fret. I got on the Reserve last year. Called for interview in December (others on the Reserve called earlier but my contract at the time didn't finish til December) and was offered a 6 month contract from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

Guys is the reserve just the nice way of rejecting your application :(

Correct Montrose. People on reserve group will not get any jobs.

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    I wouldn't. I worked with someone (both TCO's) who didn't even know how to right align an address in a letter. Shocking incomptence and she got on last years top band and another long term contract (has since been sacked for gross misconduct).

People on the Reserve, don't fret. I got on the Reserve last year. Called for interview in December (others on the Reserve called earlier but my contract at the time didn't finish til December) and was offered a 6 month contract from it.

Nice to hear, a bit of hope to cling onto.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement