Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

ciaramc wrote: »
    Gutted, got reserve list for Donegal. I just knew I wouldnt get top group this year. Got in the last 2 years on Top group.

Is there just two categories? Top group and reserve? or does anyone get told they werent accepted?

Did u get an interview when in top group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

ciaramc wrote: »
    Quote:
    viewpost.gif
    Gutted, got reserve list for Donegal. I just knew I wouldnt get top group this year. Got in the last 2 years on Top group.

Is there just two categories? Top group and reserve? or does anyone get told they werent accepted?
    Did u get an interview when in top group?.

Yes, was on Top group the last 2 years, got interviews both times and got jobs both times. Praying there is a small glimmer of hope that I get this year being on reserve after the candidates on the Top group has gone through the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AUNT NELLIE

Gutted..got 'Reserved' this year after three temping roles in a row..was it the new format this year or maybe I am just losing it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

A LOT of people who have been in the top group the last 3 years have been put on the reserve list this time round, myself included, and the bosses here don't seem to be happy about the calibre of people who are going when their contract is up, neither are they 'over the moon' about the ones who have been put in the top group this time around. The new recruitment process must play SOME part .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Top group in Sligo. What's the chances of me actually getting a job? Anyone been in a top group before and not gotten a job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

If you're in the top group ( here in Donegal anyway ) yeah, you're almost certain to get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

davydoc wrote: »
    If you're in the top group ( here in Donegal anyway ) yeah, you're almost certain to get a job.

Cheers for that, though I'm a natural pessimist so I'm still convinced I won't get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Gutted isn't the word. Is there such a thing as being over-qualified for these?

Just checked my public jobs mail again, and it's there now - i'm in reserves. wtf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 bluescorpion

First time applying in a few years. Got an e-mail at 1.29pm today to say Top Group for Cork area. Worked as a TCO twice before in Revenue. Read through last years TCO thread and while completing the online questionnaire, said to hell with it, and ticked 'better than most' for each of the tasks (computer skills etc.) Just hope that it will be worthwhile and something will come out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

First time applying in a few years. Got an e-mail at 1.29pm today to say Top Group for Cork area. Worked as a TCO twice before in Revenue. Read through last years TCO thread and while completing the online questionnaire, said to hell with it, and ticked 'better than most' for each of the tasks (computer skills etc.) Just hope that it will be worthwhile and something will come out of it.

I was the same said excellent for most stuff, got top band myself

Now I want a interview as I'm only available for the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Deisegirl11

Is there anyone who has worked there the last three years that got in the top band this time round???

I notice it's mostly the country areas in the Top Band..Has anyone from Dublin got in ??

I notice it's mostly the country areas in the Top Band..Has anyone from Dublin got in ??

Yeah I got word at 1.15 and so did another poster at the time both Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Monife wrote: »
    I wouldn't. I worked with someone (both TCO's) who didn't even know how to right align an address in a letter. Shocking incomptence and she got on last years top band and another long term contract (has since been sacked for gross misconduct).

People on the Reserve, don't fret. I got on the Reserve last year. Called for interview in December (others on the Reserve called earlier but my contract at the time didn't finish til December) and was offered a 6 month contract from it.

I think its pot luck. I applied a fews years back and got it. The next year filled in the questionnaire basically the same and didn't get it. ONe year I was on the reserve and got 3 months in summer and six months in the winter. The next year I was on the top band I only got 3 months. The "interview" both times was a 10 minute conversation more than an interview.

You could include a high number of the permanent clerical officers and E.Os in the shocking incompetence and inability to use of basic office software category!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Remember, you're allowed to request feedback if you didn't get it. Send em an email asking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

My first time applying for these - got the email stating Top Group for Roscommon. Actually quite chuffed someone has actually responded :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Hello! Just to say to the people saying that people in the Reserve list won't get an opportunity...not true. I've been a TCO now for 1 year on 2 separate contracts both of which I got from being on the Reserve list. It's a ridiculous system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

iv a funny feeling they just have a computer program sort out who's the best from their questionnaire results.

me and 2 of my friends, all of us having done a Level 5 PLC in Office Administration, me in Leitrim them Roscommon, all of us got reserve panel

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Meet your competition!

Nah, not competition. Future colleagues hopefully, lol.

iv a funny feeling they just have a computer program sort out who's the best from their questionnaire results.

me and 2 of my friends, all of us having done a Level 5 PLC in Office Administration, me in Leitrim them Roscommon, all of us got reserve panel

I reckon it is and maybe staff have quick look over some sections like education etc.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got told they didn't qualify at all for any bands ?

It seems thats what the reserves are - the backups,which is everyone not good enough to be in the top band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭crushproof

Reserve in Dublin as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Qardaha

Just to note, I wouldn't be so sure "didn't qualify" means not good enough. I can image a lot of people applied and not everyone got it. It isn't a reflection on capability. I'd say its more pot luck.

Otherwise, got another message today regarding List B - reserve panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Qardaha wrote: »
    Just to note, I wouldn't be so sure "didn't qualify" means not good enough. I can image a lot of people applied and not everyone got it. It isn't a reflection on capability. I'd say its more pot luck.

Otherwise, got another message today regarding List B - reserve panel.

Same as that, List A yesterday - top level, List B today - reserve, here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donegal2012

Reserve for B, and it said there are no vacancies in my selected location, which isn't true, coz I know for a fact that there is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Did this to see how good I do, Top Group for Dublin, Reserve for Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Thank you for your recent email in connection with the above campaign. I can appreciate your disappointment with your result. This campaign attracted an extremely large number of candidates with in excess of 10,076 candidates applying for a reasonable small number of vacancies.

In the online Skills & Experience your responses were mapped onto the specific skills, qualities and experience required in the Temporary Clerical Officer role. Based on the results of this Questionnaire, all candidates were rank ordered.

There is no doubt that many of the candidates that applied would be well suited and capable of undertaking the role of the Temporary Clerical Officer, but given the number who applied and the number of vacancies on offer, only a limited number of candidates can be invited to interview.

I regret that no formal individual feedback can be issued.

Thank you once again for your interest shown in the position

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Got Top Group for first choice yesterday, and Reserve for the second choice today. It says that there are currently no vacancies in the 2nd location. Hoping I even get called to an interview for my first choice!

• Advertisement

Did this to see how good I do, Top Group for Dublin, Reserve for Mayo.

Do you even want a job?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement