Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Nobody else only me and glenn coco have heard, so I wouldn't worry yet. I was reading the whole thread last night and people got called all different times of the year. I only put down available for summer so reckon this why i'm so early getting interview

I have an interview in Abbey st on tues also. I'm a student so only available over summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hazco01

Hi

Anyone know when filling in application form how far you go back in regards to education and employment??

I thought maybe three to five years !!
    would that be suffice ! ?

Lola92 wrote: »
    I have an interview in Abbey st on tues also. I'm a student so only available over summer.

well done lola92!!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭maneno

hazco01 wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals

Have just come across your post about CO's.

Well done to all who have interview, I also have one!!

I have two problems, I can't find my passport and I can't get a written reference I have typed one and was emailed to me as it is short notice for interview!!

Any comments would be appreciated
    Well done on getting interview,
    On the issue of reference,if the email is from an official company email,it should be fine,ie lovelygal@aerlingus.ie, not from gmail et al
    On passports, its really hard for them to accept anything else, if born here, i suppose you have your original birth cert? Hopefully they will accomodate you that, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Ah brill mines around lunch time so its grand and handy. I'm student as well so said summer work too

• Advertisement

maneno wrote: »
    Well done on getting interview,
    On the issue of reference,if the email is from an official company email,it should be fine,ie lovelygal@aerlingus.ie, not from gmail et al
    On passports, its really hard for them to accept anything else, if born here, i suppose you have your original birth cert? Hopefully they will accomodate you that, best of luck!

thanks will give them a ring on Monday, yes have birth cert. Yes the reference is from company although they use Gmail !! But have another reference so will bring that too!! And thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Know someone who's been called to interview for next week but has an exam on at the same time ! Hope they'll make some sort of exception but unlikely !

haro124 wrote: »
    Know someone who's been called to interview for next week but has an exam on at the same time ! Hope they'll make some sort of exception but unlikely !

hopefully they will!! Best of luck

hi

Anyone know what these interviews are like ?

hi

Anyone know what these interviews are like ?

very short maybe just 5 minutes. Basically going through what you said on your application form i.e how are your computer skills etc. They might also ask you about your last job . All in all there is nothing complicated.

• Advertisement

Ah brill mines around lunch time so its grand and handy. I'm student as well so said summer work too

Mine is too! I'm a wee but worried about the reference, I have 2 but one is an academic reference and the other from a job I left 2.5 years ago. The last place that I worked have a policy of not giving written references and I don're know If I could get one from my last work experience in time. I suppose I will ring up on Monday and see in any case!

Mine is too! I'm a wee but worried about the reference, I have 2 but one is an academic reference and the other from a job I left 2.5 years ago. The last place that I worked have a policy of not giving written references and I don're know If I could get one from my last work experience in time. I suppose I will ring up on Monday and see in any case!

I've only one, i forgot to ask college and we on holidays and other xmas job i done like that 3 years ago. Done work experience last year for a month so they giving me ref. its all i got so will have to do. Its weird the policy of no written reference, i wonder why? Mines at half 1 so nice time, will have to bring my books in for bus journey as its exam week :-( so dont wanna miss out on too much revision

haro124 wrote: »
    very short maybe just 5 minutes. Basically going through what you said on your application form i.e how are your computer skills etc. They might also ask you about your last job . All in all there is nothing complicated.

thanks for that haro, feel a less nervous now, hope the bus strike won't continue into Tuesday!!!

thanks for that haro, feel a less nervous now, hope the bus strike won't continue into Tuesday!!!
    Bus strike feck i need the bus this week :( ahh when is it on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Hi guys and gals

Have just come across your post about CO's.

Well done to all who have interview, I also have one!!

I have two problems, I can't find my passport and I can't get a written reference I have typed one and was emailed to me as it is short notice for interview!!

Any comments would be appreciated

A typed reference is a written reference. 'Written' doesn't mean handwritten.

Bus strike feck i need the bus this week :( ahh when is it on

its on bus eireann web site says starting 12 midnight sun for all day Monday didn't actually read much sorry can't be more help

Henlars67 wrote: »
    A typed reference is a written reference. 'Written' doesn't mean handwritten.

hi

Ah that's grand have two to be sure!! Thanks a million

its on bus eireann web site says starting 12 midnight sun for all day Monday didn't actually read much sorry can't be more help

Yea i checked, i'm using dublin bus. Have to buy weeks ticket as i've exams as well so need bus but didnt wanna waste money if i had to drive

Oh and if your letter says that your interview is in a certain department know something about it . I know it's pretty obvious what social welfare is but you might get an abstract agency for your interview so they like to see that you've made an effort to find outwhat they do

I notice it's mostly the country areas in the Top Band..Has anyone from Dublin got in ??
    I've only one, i forgot to ask college and we on holidays and other xmas job i done like that 3 years ago. Done work experience last year for a month so they giving me ref. its all i got so will have to do. Its weird the policy of no written reference, i wonder why? Mines at half 1 so nice time, will have to bring my books in for bus journey as its exam week :-( so dont wanna miss out on too much revision

Yep it is a bit odd alright, they are a big Irish company but would have a very high staff turnover. I have my revision week next week so luckily won't be missing any exams! Ah I'm a couple of hours before you BG. I'll post as soon as I can afterwards anyway and let you know what they asked.

• Advertisement

Yep it is a bit odd alright, they are a big Irish company but would have a very high staff turnover. I have my revision week next week so luckily won't be missing any exams! Ah I'm a couple of hours before you BG. I'll post as soon as I can afterwards anyway and let you know what they asked.

That will be brill, had to go buy suit abd shirts today, i lost weight so no old office wear fits. Ah thats handy its revision week for you, i have another interview the next day. Awful timing but great if i get job

Yea i checked, i'm using dublin bus. Have to buy weeks ticket as i've exams as well so need bus but didnt wanna waste money if i had to drive

ah hopefully the strike won't go over the day I know on news they said try to accomodate all !!

Good luck to all those with interviews this week ! Hope that you all get contracts :) and to all of you waiting for that special email, I hope it won't be too long a wait for the rest of us !

Yes, same from me best of luck to all. !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Qardaha

Am I right in assuming that there are more interviews to come for the "Top Group" people?

Hi not sure to be honest, sorry not much help !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

I got the email today for interview on 23rd :eek: I applied for Roscommon but the interview is in Longford :confused:

Anyhow, well chuffed would be an understatement ;)

Good luck to you all who have interviews this week - let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

bijou wrote: »
    I got the email today for interview on 23rd :eek: I applied for Roscommon but the interview is in Longford :confused:

Anyhow, well chuffed would be an understatement ;)

Good luck to you all who have interviews this week - let us know how you get on.

Well done and good luck. Were you told to bring a written reference etc. with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Henlars67 wrote: »
    Well done and good luck. Were you told to bring a written reference etc. with you?

Thanks and yeah the email asked for that but my last employer was like three years ago so I'll have to ring them tomorrow; I'm hoping they'll oblige :)

Just an after thought....... I clicked on the link for the Application Form and noticed it was in Word format and wondered whether people have been typing in the responses or have you just printed it off first and filled it in by hand??

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question..... was just wondering that's all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Paul Dar

Hi All,

Got an interview for Longford. Quick question, can the reference be a character reference or does it have to be a work reference. Thanks in advance...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement