Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

bijou wrote: »
    Thanks and yeah the email asked for that but my last employer was like three years ago so I'll have to ring them tomorrow; I'm hoping they'll oblige :)

Just an after thought....... I clicked on the link for the Application Form and noticed it was in Word format and wondered whether people have been typing in the responses or have you just printed it off first and filled it in by hand??

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question..... was just wondering that's all ;)

My last employer that I can get a reference from was about 3 years ago, a couple that I've had since have emigrated.

If I get an interview I know that if I ring him he'll most likely tell me to do up the reference myself and call to him to sign it.

Anyone have any ideas what I should put in it if that happens, given that the job was in construction and therefore totally unrelated to this job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

The person I know who's interview clashed with an exam got his interview time changed :) so the interviewers can be flexible !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Paul Dar wrote: »
    Hi All,

Got an interview for Longford. Quick question, can the reference be a character reference or does it have to be a work reference. Thanks in advance...

My email specified work reference, but i guess a character reference would be better than no reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Hello all, has anyone got an interview in Kilkenny yet, I got top group but no news on interview yet. Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Qardaha

oconnol1 wrote: »
    Hello all, has anyone got an interview in Kilkenny yet, I got top group but no news on interview yet. Thanks guys.

Still waiting - Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 hazco01

I got the email today for interview on 23rd :eek: I applied for Roscommon but the interview is in Longford :confused:

Anyhow, well chuffed would be an understatement ;)

Good luck to you all who have interviews this week - let us know how you get on.

well done and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fizzychips

Has anyone heard from Meath yet? I got top group but no word of an interview yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Owenzy31

I have an interview in Abbey's street tomorrow morning (Public Appointments Service, Chapter House, 26-30 Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1) -not familiar with Dublin so any ideas as to where to park ? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Owenzy31 wrote: »
    I have an interview in Abbey's street tomorrow morning (Public Appointments Service, Chapter House, 26-30 Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1) -not familiar with Dublin so any ideas as to where to park ? Thanks :)

Jervis Shopping center. But to be honest, it's handier to get the park and ride on the luas.

Cheers - thank you very much :)

• Advertisement

Jervis or arnotts car park probably, and dont make the mistake of confusing abbey st upper and lower like I did!!

I ended up almost 10 mins later after sprinting the length of abbey st in a pair of shoes entirely innappropriate for running.

Apoligies bulmers gal, had problems with my data roaming so couldnt update from myphone. Really informal chat rather than an interview, 5 mins if that, just briefly going through what you listed on online application & barely looked at printed forms. Put a big emphasis on attention to detail, repetitive clericalwork, customer service, teamwork, working under a supervisor etc

Good luck to everyone else with interviews over the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Sounds good, thanks Lola92, and fingers crossed you get it, Owenzy31, I'll probably see you up there!

Sounds grand - years since I've been at an interview so I was dreading it - but that doesn't sound too bad at all :) Thanks for that Lola 92 & best of luck to you too Glenn Coco :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 bluescorpion

Didnt hear anything about interviews yet. Got Top Group in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Lola92 wrote: »
    Jervis or arnotts car park probably, and dont make the mistake of confusing abbey st upper and lower like I did!!

I ended up almost 10 mins later after sprinting the length of abbey st in a pair of shoes entirely innappropriate for running.

Apoligies bulmers gal, had problems with my data roaming so couldnt update from myphone. Really informal chat rather than an interview, 5 mins if that, just briefly going through what you listed on online application & barely looked at printed forms. Put a big emphasis on attention to detail, repetitive clericalwork, customer service, teamwork, working under a supervisor etc

Good luck to everyone else with interviews over the next few days!
    No probs i seen it on time.

What a nightmare the way its run was waiting 40 minutes :-(

Basically building is where the jervis luas stop is. Went in told to go into room and fill out garda vetting form. Then you wait, was talking to women who flew up from KERRY for job in kerry seems mad.

Was general interview, the man went through all the stuff i had wrote made one mistake with date n he copped it straight off :-(

He said they've been told that we will hear back friday week.

Was so many people there about 25 for each time slot. People of all ages as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donegal2012

Has anyone from Donegal heard anything about interviews, from list A&B?!

bulmersgal wrote: »

Basically building is where the jervis luas stop is. Went in told to go into room and fill out garda vetting form. Then you wait, was talking to women who flew up from KERRY for job in kerry seems mad.

Was general interview, the man went through all the stuff i had wrote made one mistake with date n he copped it straight off :-(

Was so many people there about 25 for each time slot. People of all ages as well

Wow, there was only one other person when I was there, didn't have to wait at all. And that would have only been 1-2 hours before you Bg! I'm not too hopeful about it tbh, good luck with your other interview this week too btw! :)

bulmersgal wrote: »

seems ridiculous that you have to go to dublin for the interview. Last year my interview was done by the people I would later work with and in their office

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Tiernanism93

Got an interview yesterday :) for the 21st , its Sligo... Got it last year too so fingers crossed :D ... also did anybody think to get a reference from their last temp job when they worked there ... Im going to use it as my reference this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Got an interview yesterday :) for the 21st , its Sligo... Got it last year too so fingers crossed :D ... also did anybody think to get a reference from their last temp job when they worked there ... Im going to use it as my reference this year.

Where about is the interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Tiernanism93

Social Welfare Service Office, College Road, Sligo

Lola92 wrote: »
    Wow, there was only one other person when I was there, didn't have to wait at all. And that would have only been 1-2 hours before you Bg! I'm not too hopeful about it tbh, good luck with your other interview this week too btw! :)
    Lucky u, only home now. I'm not sure if i went from confident to bit cocky at the end. Not intentionally like just you no the way u have to big urself u. Next interview is at 10 2mo so least i have rest of day to study for thurs exam

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭loupad

Hi I too have an interview for thursday for the government buildings in longford , although i applied for
    Roscommon, does this mean that the job is in longford or roscommon, i take it that the job is for the social welfare or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hazco01

Henlars67 wrote: »
    My last employer that I can get a reference from was about 3 years ago, a couple that I've had since have emigrated.

If I get an interview I know that if I ring him he'll most likely tell me to do up the reference myself and call to him to sign it.

Anyone have any ideas what I should put in it if that happens, given that the job was in construction and therefore totally unrelated to this job?

hi well I printed it off and filled in hand and all grand as had interview today !

Fizzychips wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from Meath yet? I got top group but no word of an interview yet.

Same here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

loupad wrote: »
    Hi I too have an interview for thursday for the government buildings in longford , although i applied for
    Roscommon, does this mean that the job is in longford or roscommon, i take it that the job is for the social welfare or am I wrong?

I'm assuming it's for social welfare as the email I got was from someone with a "welfare.ie" email address. I too applied for Roscommon so at a guess I'd say they're just centralising the interviews for all social welfare positions in Longford. That's just an assumption though.

Good luck with it :)

Qardaha wrote: »
    Same here :pac:

Me too ! And I know people who have gotten interviews for Meath already :( I'm checking my email nearly every hour !

I'm assuming it's for social welfare as the email I got was from someone with a "welfare.ie" email address. I too applied for Roscommon so at a guess I'd say they're just centralising the interviews for all social welfare positions in Longford. That's just an assumption though.

Good luck with it :)
    haro124 wrote: »
    Me too ! And I know people who have gotten interviews for Meath already :( I'm checking my email nearly every hour !

Is it worth a guess that they are recruiting for Social Welfare first then?

:o:(

Qardaha wrote: »
    Is it worth a guess that they are recruiting for Social Welfare first then?

:o:(

Not necessarily my interviewer was saying they recruiting for social protection and revenue and with my background i'd be more likely revenue :D:D:D:D

Thats if i get through. Also that contracts are from 8 weeks to 26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

No word of an interview yet. I'm also not in the country for another 2 weeks so hoping I'm not called before then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement