Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Qardaha wrote: »
    Is it worth a guess that they are recruiting for Social Welfare first then?

:o:(

No unfortunately, the place that I worked in navan last year will be taking on seven tcos from the end of may !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Qardaha

haro124 wrote: »
    No unfortunately, the place that I worked in navan last year will be taking on seven tcos from the end of may !

I sure thought it would be more than eight :(

I sure thought it would be more than eight :(

Well this is just one agency taken on 7 ... There must be far more in meath

Well this is just one agency taken on 7 ... There must be far more in meath

Excuse my ignorance, but are you referring to recruitment agencies or state agencies? :o

A State agency : The Property Services Regulatory Authority

• Advertisement

A State agency : The Property Services Regulatory Authority

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Excuse my ignorance, but are you referring to recruitment agencies or state agencies? :o

I thought recruitment was only done by PAS for TCO posts? I meant to quote HARO btw

Well my interview was done by staff in the psra and then I got a call from the public appointments to say i got the job

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hazco01

Hi guys and gals !!

Hope anyone that had interview Mon / Tue got on ok, I got on grand was in there about ten min very informal. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions !!

hazco01 wrote: »
    thanks will give them a ring on Monday, yes have birth cert. Yes the reference is from company although they use Gmail !! But have another reference so will bring that too!! And thanks again

hi
    Just thought let you know found my passport on Sat thank gawd !!! Had interview and all went well about 10 min very informal and nice !! Best of luck !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Anyone heard from Mayo yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Hennesm wrote: »
    Anyone heard from Mayo yet?

Same as that, still waiting in Mayo too!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Well my interview was done by staff in the psra and then I got a call from the public appointments to say i got the job

Congratulations :D Did they give you any indication of contract length?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

So i got offered the other job today the one in same field as i studied so i wont be taking up their offer of a job if i get offered. Best of luck to every1 and hopefully more get called for interview soon

bijou wrote: »
    Congratulations :D Did they give you any indication of contract length?

Sorry I didn't make this clear, that interview was a year ago and am out of that job about 8 months ! Sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Just out from the interview. Got there at 1:15, and waited in the waiting room, where we filled in the Garda Vetting Form. Called in at 5 past 2. Interview was grand, very informal, and it was with a lovely fella. More of a chat, but with the emphasis on dealing with the public, particularly in difficult circumstances.
    There was about 30 people in at the same time, from all over the country.
    Interviewer said, as before, contracts are between 8 and 26 weeks, but you may get lucky and get a longer contract covering sick leave or maternity leave etc.
    He also said that emails will be sent out Friday week advising if you are successful.
    Found it grand overall, just a bit of a wait. Best of luck to everyone!

bulmersgal wrote: »
    So i got offered the other job today the one in same field as i studied so i wont be taking up their offer of a job if i get offered. Best of luck to every1 and hopefully more get called for interview soon

Congrats on the other job, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Glenn Coco wrote: »
    Just out from the interview. Got there at 1:15, and waited in the waiting room, where we filled in the Garda Vetting Form. Called in at 5 past 2. Interview was grand, very informal, and it was with a lovely fella. More of a chat, but with the emphasis on dealing with the public, particularly in difficult circumstances.
    There was about 30 people in at the same time, from all over the country.
    Interviewer said, as before, contracts are between 8 and 26 weeks, but you may get lucky and get a longer contract covering sick leave or magnify leave etc.
    He also said that emails will be sent out Friday week advising if you are successful.
    Found it grand overall, just a bit of a wait. Best of luck to everyone!

Is it an actual garda vetting form which gets sent on to the guards, or is it just the standard 'have you ever been convicted of an offence' stuff that you just sign yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Henlars67 wrote: »
    Is it an actual garda vetting form which gets sent on to the guards, or is it just the standard 'have you ever been convicted of an offence' stuff that you just sign yourself?

Its Official one you have to list all your addresses from birth on it and all. So make sure you know them before you go in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Id be pretty surprised if they complete full garda vetting for someone starting a tco job in may or june considering it take so long for everyone else. Do a search on boards for garda vetting and you will find lots of people waiting months and people losing job offers cause it took so long.

They are most likely just requesting a certificate of good character from the gardai. Which is done from your local district not the Garda vetting unit.

• Advertisement

jd83 wrote: »
    Id be pretty surprised if they complete full garda vetting for someone starting a tco job in may or june considering it take so long for everyone else. Do a search on boards for garda vetting and you will find lots of people waiting months and people losing job offers cause it took so long.

They are most likely just requesting a certificate of good character from the gardai. Which is done from your local district not the Garda vetting unit.

This is the form you're asked to fill in.

http://www.fyrc.ie/garda1.jpg

http://www.fyrc.ie/garda2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Glenn Coco wrote: »
    This is the form you're asked to fill in.

http://www.fyrc.ie/garda1.jpg

http://www.fyrc.ie/garda2.jpg

I stand corrected. Im shocked there doing vetting on people. A tco is going to start work in the next month or 2 at the latest. Yet it takes 6 month and longer for people normally.

I done it for 1 summer and a six month contract a few years back. They didnt check references and no vetting. Just online test and 10 min interview and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dr.shephard

I got top group but I have an assault conviction whereby I received a small fine a few years ago. The judge accepted that i was seriously provoked and gave me the minimum possible punishment

Anyone know if it will stop me from getting a job should I be called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 blueblood1

Has anyone from Donegal heard anything about interviews, from list A&B?!

Yeah I'm in on Monday for interview. I was placed top for Donegal but reserve for Buncrana. I presume Buncrana is the Social Protection office.

You apply for the same? Im in a part-time job already but would have to give it up for this. I was hoping that there might be a chance of a rolling contract but it doesnt seem like it from what is posted here :-/

blueblood1 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in on Monday for interview. I was placed top for Donegal but reserve for Buncrana. I presume Buncrana is the Social Protection office.

You apply for the same? Im in a part-time job already but would have to give it up for this. I was hoping that there might be a chance of a rolling contract but it doesnt seem like it from what is posted here :-/

hi blue blood

I had interview tue and was told that they are only temp contracts and wouldn't like to see people leaving a good job for one of these !

• Registered Users Posts: 20 blueblood1

hazco01 wrote: »
    hi blue blood

I had interview tue and was told that they are only temp contracts and wouldn't like to see people leaving a good job for one of these !

Yeah, I'll really have to work out the pros and cons. Really want to move on from my current job but I need to be sure I'll not be unemployed in 12 weeks time. If there is some hope of longer contracts, I'll def be taking them up on one.

How was your interview or should I be fretting about them at all? Was it for Donegal no?! :)

blueblood1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll really have to work out the pros and cons. Really want to move on from my current job but I need to be sure I'll not be unemployed in 12 weeks time. If there is some hope of longer contracts, I'll def be taking them up on one.

How was your interview or should I be fretting about them at all? Was it for Donegal no?! :)

yeah, definitely think it through!! My interview was very informal just asking about dealing with public and your ms word excel skills nearly same as questionaire, mine was for Wexford, so would be worried at all

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

For people wondering about the vetting, my interviewer said to me that they get everyone to fill the forms in, but it's just to make the process for faster for those assigned to the Department of Justice. Otherwise they don't use them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 cirrus55

Have been called for an interview in Social Welfare Office, Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement