Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I've another question to the people who've been called to interview. Were you contacted by email or just by phone?

My missus got an email a few weeks ago telling her she was in the top band for Limerick, but nothing since (although we know someone who was interviewed about a week ago and offered a job in Revenue a day later...)

Our landline has been acting up lately and I'd hate to think she was passed over because they couldn't get through! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

peckerhead wrote: »
    I've another question to the people who've been called to interview. Were you contacted by email or just by phone?

My missus got an email a few weeks ago telling her she was in the top band for Limerick, but nothing since (although we know someone who was interviewed about a week ago and offered a job in Revenue a day later...)

Our landline has been acting up lately and I'd hate to think she was passed over because they couldn't get through! :(

I got emailed and so did few others as I posted email few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hazco01

hi, I too got word of interview via email no phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Cheers. Fingers crossed so...

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

Does anyone know if we mentioned passed work experience in either the original application form or questionnaire?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I think you were only asked if you have ever worked in the civil service before and if so what department . If you get called to interview you'll have to fill out a form including all your past work experience

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donegal2012

blueblood1 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in on Monday for interview. I was placed top for Donegal but reserve for Buncrana. I presume Buncrana is the Social Protection office.

You apply for the same? Im in a part-time job already but would have to give it up for this. I was hoping that there might be a chance of a rolling contract but it doesnt seem like it from what is posted here :-/

I'm reserve for List B, when I rang them up they said that everyone on B is in reserve that there is no top group as there as no vacanices, which isn't true, but the agency haven't told them about the people going off yet!!

Good Luck Today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

I hope I get a call , feeling a bit fed up today . Another knock back , this time from tesco. This follows on from last weeks when I was told my skills weren't 'pacific' enough for the role....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Qardaha

Hennesm wrote: »
    I hope I get a call , feeling a bit fed up today . Another knock back , this time from tesco. This follows on from last weeks when I was told my skills weren't 'pacific' enough for the role....

I hate when my skills aren't pacific enough. :pac:

Still waiting too. Does anyone know when the whole thing will be wrapped up?

The process will end in about march 2014 when they start recruiting for the next year so technically you could get called to interview in the first few months of next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm also in Limk top band and have heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

So just to update had interview last tuesday and heard back today i was successful and that they'll be in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Well done Bulmers Girl, got the same email today!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Just saw my email account . I applied for Mayo.

Best of luck to everyone else... Have been out of work for over a year. Hopefully I will get the call soon
    "
    "Thank you for attending your recent interview in connection with the above campaign. I am pleased to inform that you have reached the qualifying standard at interview

We will be in touch with you shortly should your name come in line for a position."

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Owenzy31

I applied for Louth & got the same mail today - fingers crossed we won't be waiting on a position for too long & get a call soon
    best of luck to everyone else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Same e-mail here! Fingers crossed we all get positions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rumbler63

Anybody in Kildare get an interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hazco01

Hi all, I got same email today too, so best if luck to all. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fizzychips

Hi, I'm from Meath. I got into the top group but still no word about an interview. Any Meath people out there have an interview yet?

• Advertisement

Fizzychips wrote: »
    Hi, I'm from Meath. I got into the top group but still no word about an interview. Any Meath people out there have an interview yet?

No word yet... a little bird told me they're still working on bureaucratic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fizzychips

Thank you. A hope the little birdie is right. :)

Last year when I did my interview I got that exact same email but only like 3 hours after my interview and was then offered a job the following day . Seems a lot slower this year or maybe my department was fast tracked

Fizzychips wrote: »
    Thank you. A hope the little birdie is right. :)

I'd say so, seems no one in Meath has heard anything so far.

Remember the questionnaire was extended due to a technical issue where not everyone got the email.

This has slowed things a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya I remember that happened the day the email first arrived and technical issue that day had to wait till the next day to do the questionnaire. Thought was a server issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Well maybe those in reserve from last year are carrying out contracts at the moment and it be a while before those in top band get interviews for some counties. Reserve follow up then hopefully. There were a lot of applicants for dublin so don't know if they all get through at some point once the top band have got contracts and then reserve get anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

Anyone get an interview for Tipperary yet? I got into the top group but no word so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linken

Anyone in limerick got an interview yet? I know oh a friend has already started a ten week position in Clare! I got in the top graded but haven't heard anything since..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Tiernanism93

My interview went great today , but I havent got a passport or drivers license , they said I could drop up a birth cert at some stage , but just wondering what did other people use? As they took my student ID last year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement