Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 blueblood1

had my interview yesterday for Donegal.. Anyone that hasnt had theirs yet, dont fret at all about them. They are very informal as others have said. they ask about clerical experience and dealing with customers. Also asked about dealing with someone in a difficult situation, ie a difficult customer. but as I say, very informal. So fingers crossed now something comes up asap. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Has anyone been offered a job in Mayo. Got the email on Monday that I was successful at the interview. How long does one have to wait ?
    Best of luck to everyone still waiting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hazco01

Hi

Just wondering has anyone turned down jobs offered, are you penalised for it as now I am stuck for childcare if something comes up !! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I was reading through the thread and apparently last year they phoned you from block number if you didn't answer they go to next on the list but they'd keep u on the list. If you turned it down your name is taken from the list.

I got offered a 6 month contract so I'm not answering any calls from blocked number till Nov lol

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I was reading through the thread and apparently last year they phoned you from block number if you didn't answer they go to next on the list but they'd keep u on the list. If you turned it down your name is taken from the list.

I got offered a 6 month contract so I'm not answering any calls from blocked number till Nov lol

Ooooh, thanks for that! I rarely answer blocked numbers! Will post straight away if I hear anything, no call yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I'm sitting exams at the moment sohave had my phone off for a few hours every afternoon :( Oh no :(

could be different this year as they seem to be using emails more. I think last year people were rang for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

lotusm wrote: »
    Has anyone been offered a job in Mayo. Got the email on Monday that I was successful at the interview. How long does one have to wait ?
    Best of luck to everyone still waiting :)
    Consider yourself ahead of me, I haven't even had an interview yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Ahead of me too! Was starting to get paranoid..thanks mayo miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donegal2012

Glenn Coco wrote: »
    Ooooh, thanks for that! I rarely answer blocked numbers! Will post straight away if I hear anything, no call yet.

Last year I was offered a job via phone from a local landline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Rumbler63

Anybody in Kildare get an interview yet?

this is the latest email I have got when I requested an update after my interview

"We sent your name to a department yesterday but I cannot tell you which department they will be in touch by phone when they are ready to appoint you."

come on phone ring :D

Has anyone been appointed:) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Hi - Just had my interview there today. Have to agree with others that it was very informal, was mainly asked about my customer relations experience, dealing with complaints and also asked me if I had experience with filing and archiving(?).

Very friendly staff indeed and the "interview" only lasted 10-15 minutes.

A waiting game now. Good luck to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Lola92 wrote: »
    I'm sitting exams at the moment sohave had my phone off for a few hours every afternoon :( Oh no :(

I wouldn't worry too much about this, Its excessively unethical for you to lose your interview or job offer because you were away from the phone. I highly doubt any gov h.r. dept would do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Xios wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about this, Its excessively unethical for you to lose your interview or job offer because you were away from the phone. I highly doubt any gov h.r. dept would do this.

Thanks xios, I'm just very conscious of the fact that there were so many applicants for these positions and I doubt suitable candidates are in short supply. I have since been leaving my phone on silent in a locked locker during my exams so will at least know if I have missed a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭loupad

bijou wrote: »
    Hi - Just had my interview there today. Have to agree with others that it was very informal, was mainly asked about my customer relations experience, dealing with complaints and also asked me if I had experience with filing and archiving(?).

Very friendly staff indeed and the "interview" only lasted 10-15 minutes.

A waiting game now. Good luck to all :)
    I agree I had mine today aswell, very informal asked the very same things,
    The staff were very friendly, and it only lasted about 10-15 minutes.
    So Hopefully I get an email or phone call soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

could be different this year as they seem to be using emails more. I think last year people were rang for interview.

Email is fairer. Sometimes a person has to have their phone off.

Dublin interview dates?

Email is fairer. Sometimes a person has to have their phone off.

Dublin interview dates?

I done my interview for dublin last week but i put down summer work only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Qardaha

Lola92 wrote: »
    Thanks xios, I'm just very conscious of the fact that there were so many applicants for these positions and I doubt suitable candidates are in short supply. I have since been leaving my phone on silent in a locked locker during my exams so will at least know if I have missed a call.

They will email, not phone, to my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭loupad

Hi HAD MY INTERVIEW YESTERDAY GOT AN EMAIL SAYING THAT I HAD
    PASSED THE STANDARD AT THE INTERVIEW AND THAT THEY WILL BE IN TOUCH SHOULD A POST
    COME AVAILABLE. HAPPY DAYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ryan73

Hi I received a phone call a few weeks ago from the department of social welfare recruitment office in Dublin to know if I was still available for work and that a few TCO posts were coming available in Tipperary. Then I received an email on Wednesday to come for interview next Thursday. I have applied every year for the past 5 years and been put on the panel and this is my first call up for interview :). Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Consider yourself ahead of me, I haven't even had an interview yet.

Same here. No contact since being informed I was in the top category.

this is the latest email I have got when I requested an update after my interview

"We sent your name to a department yesterday but I cannot tell you which department they will be in touch by phone when they are ready to appoint you."

come on phone ring :D

Has anyone been appointed:) ?

Where did you do your interview for Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

loupad wrote: »
    Hi HAD MY INTERVIEW YESTERDAY GOT AN EMAIL SAYING THAT I HAD
    PASSED THE STANDARD AT THE INTERVIEW AND THAT THEY WILL BE IN TOUCH SHOULD A POST
    COME AVAILABLE. HAPPY DAYS

Same here loupad, happy happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 briarrose

Hi all,
    I had my interview yesterday afternoon in Longford and I passed :cool:

After reading the early messages here I hunted around, and I saw that in my Spam folder was the email telling me I had a message on the public jobs site dating April, telling me that I am in the Top group :D Silly me had given up on this whole thing, before getting the email for the interview.

So now the question is..how does the listing actually works? Is there a ranking order in which they call candidates, and can we know our ranking, or what?

bijou we might have met yesterday, hi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 blueblood1

briarrose wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I had my interview yesterday afternoon in Longford and I passed

when you say passed, did they say something to you at the end of the interview or something?

To those that are saying they havent been called to interview, the interviewer did say something to me about her travelling around doing interviews, so I presume not everyone could be interviewed at the one time if there are a travelling band of interviewing civil servants :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

[QUOTE=
    To those that are saying they havent been called to interview, the interviewer did say something to me about her travelling around doing interviews, so I presume not everyone could be interviewed at the one time if there are a travelling band of interviewing civil servants :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks, so there is hope for us on the reserve list this year. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Still no interview after getting top group in Mayo...this is frustrating.

rostalof wrote: »
    Where did you do your interview for Mayo?

I was in the top group . I did the interview up in Dublin on the 15th May

• Advertisement

I was in the top group . I did the interview up in Dublin on the 15th May

Top group too, but haven't heard a thing since the email confirming the top group. Wonder do they grade us within the group?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement