Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I rang Public Appointments and was told some had been recruited in Dublin, and I was ranked at a particular number in the top group. They'll be interviewing more people in a few weeks, I was told. This seems to mean that the seventh best in the competition is recruited first, no 50 later, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

I rang Public Appointments and was told some had been recruited in Dublin, and I was ranked at a particular number in the top group. They'll be interviewing more people in a few weeks, I was told. This seems to mean that the seventh best in the competition is recruited first, no 50 later, for example.

Followed you until the highlighted text, then you lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 briarrose

blueblood1 wrote: »
    when you say passed, did they say something to you at the end of the interview or something?
    No,but like loupad and biojou I received an email (less than 24hrs after the interview!) telling me that I had passed the selections and was now in the panel, and that I would be contacted as soon as a position arose for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭murrak123

anybody who did the interview in sligo hear back from them since????????/

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Tiernanism93

Nope , not yet anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

murrak123 wrote: »
    anybody who did the interview in sligo hear back from them since????????/

No, not yet. I know of a lad who did it about 3 weeks ago and heard back recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Has anyone in Dublin who was successful at interview get an offer of a position yet? I'm still waiting to hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Owenzy31

I applied for Louth - was successful at interview - but yet to get offered a position. Not heard of anyone getting offered anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Thanks Owenzy, I might drop them an e-mail so.

rostalof wrote: »
    Followed you until the highlighted text, then you lost me.

I simply mean they interview people who ranked highest in the test first, say no 7, then they will interview people ranking lower, for example no 50. I seem to have a lower position in the top group. They are interviewing people who got the highest score now, and people who got a lower score or rank later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Lola92 wrote: »
    Has anyone in Dublin who was successful at interview get an offer of a position yet? I'm still waiting to hear anything.

I haven't heard about the one for dublin. Has anyone heard about the ones for kerry?

doovdela wrote: »
    I haven't heard about the one for dublin. Has anyone heard about the ones for kerry?

If you ring Publicjobs and ask, you'll be told if they're recruiting for Kerry. You won't necessarily be taken on in the first batch - that seems to depend on the ranking in the competition.

Reply from Sligo interviews today :) just stating that i passed the interview stage .. should a job come up we will contact you ... etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Just got a phone call. 10 week contract in Ballina. Co. Mayo starting next week, social welfare department... Glad to get it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

Qardaha wrote: »
    They will email, not phone, to my knowledge.

I received a phone call today (followed by an email) inviting me to attend for interview next week for Tipperary. icon7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Deisegirl11

Anyone on the reserve panel hear anything yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 blueblood1

I got the email today for Donegal to say I had passed interview stage!! Hopefully something soon comes my way!!

Well done lotusm , im from that area myself , enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Well done lotusm , im from that area myself , enjoy :)
    Yes, congrats lotusm hope it goes well for you. I'm from Ballina, I have to visit the local office next Tuesday, may even see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linken

I got my long awaited invation to interview for limerick revenue office next week. Any advice on the interview stage would be much appricated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Got my "invitation" to interview in Ballina Friday morning. I was hoping for Castlebar though as I'm the opposite end of the county to Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Got my "invitation" to interview in Ballina Friday morning. I was hoping for Castlebar though as I'm the opposite end of the county to Ballina.

I have one at 9.30 in the RSA Mayo Miss.

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    I have one at 9.30 in the RSA Mayo Miss.
    I'm 10.30, I hope you'll have them well warmed up and in good humour by the time I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Did you guys receive a phonecall or email..or both?

K4t wrote: »
    Did you guys receive a phonecall or email..or both?
    I got an email this morning followed up by a phone call this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

I still hadn't heard, so I emailed them earlier and they said a lot of names have gone out to the larger departments and I should keep an eye on my emails..so fingers crossed��.....

Anyone on the reserve panel hear anything yet??

Wondering about that too for places iv chosen.

doovdela wrote: »
    Wondering about that too for places iv chosen.

Have the reserve for Mayo, while top for Dublin (maybe more brains in Mayo), so that's of half interest to me.:pac:

Do they call, email, or send a message to the Publicjobs inbox?

Im reserve for dublin and a place in kerry so hoping to hear something in the next few weeks but not holding my breath. Been on reserve the past 3 years only heard something for last year did get interview but went no further.

It was a call i got for last year. Ya it was a message in public jobs inbox when told i got reserve so likely it be a inbox message you get you might still get a call to confirm maybe? Seems to mainly inbox messages this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Fizzychips

Qardaha wrote: »
    No word yet... a little bird told me they're still working on bureaucratic stuff.

I got an invite to interview email today for Meath. Fingers and toes crossed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement