Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bubblesburst90

Hi there,

I recently went for interview with the public jobs commission for a seasonal temporary clerical work contract. I was told I was successful at interview but have yet to hear from them regarding a position. I was wondering if any other candidates had been offered a position in Dublin yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

How did you get on MayoMiss? Mine was fine, very informal. Looked like a nice place to work. The interview this morning was for a specific department and a specific job, does anyone know if I am not sucessful for this one can I be called again for another department?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Just got a 3 month contract in Department of Social Protection in Athlone. Call from a Dublin number.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Tiernanism93

Glenn Coco wrote: »
    Just got a 3 month contract in Department of Social Protection in Athlone. Call from a Dublin number.

Well done , hope ya enjoy the work!! Fingers crossed i get word from Sligo soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭loupad

Hi did you apply for roscommon or westmeath?

• Advertisement

loupad wrote: »
    Hi did you apply for roscommon or westmeath?

I applied for Westmeath. Had an interview in Dublin at the beginning of May, and an email that I was successful a couple of days later. The call came from HR for the DSP in Dublin.

My question is redundant now seeing as I have just been offered a contract in the RSA. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Owenzy31

I got a missed call at 9:02am today from a blocked number - I was driving the kids to school so couldn't answer - no msg left - if it was them will they call back does anyone know ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 briarrose

Now this is weird, I just rang the public jobs number and got told that they have not received the vacancies for Westmeath yet and also that they would email me, not ring. Yet glenn coco got called for Athlone, by phone if I understand correctly. And we must have both been in the top group, but I was interviewed few days ago in Longford, not in Dublin early in May :confused:

Also they told me that there is no numerical ranking as such but that they base it mainly on availability and some "other factor" and that I could not know my ranking :confused:

I am sure there is some criteria/logic in all this but they are being fairly mysterious about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    My question is redundant now seeing as I have just been offered a contract in the RSA. Happy days.

I'll see ya there! I got in too. I didn't ask the specifics of the job, any details?
    They all seemed lovely. She said I'll find out the start date on Tues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 blueblood1

Anyone heard from Donegal? I got email last week to say I got through interview! Nothing since! Just wondering if they have started contacting people for the start yet...

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    I'll see ya there! I got in too. I didn't ask the specifics of the job, any details?
    They all seemed lovely. She said I'll find out the start date on Tues.

No don't know anything more than that. Nice to hear so quick.

briarrose wrote: »
    Now this is weird, I just rang the public jobs number and got told that they have not received the vacancies for Westmeath yet and also that they would email me, not ring. Yet glenn coco got called for Athlone, by phone if I understand correctly. And we must have both been in the top group, but I was interviewed few days ago in Longford, not in Dublin early in May :confused:

Also they told me that there is no numerical ranking as such but that they base it mainly on availability and some "other factor" and that I could not know my ranking :confused:

I am sure there is some criteria/logic in all this but they are being fairly mysterious about it :D

That is weird! Now I'm starting Tuesday so I'd say that's why they rang. They are sending me on an email later. Maybe with the other departments in Athlone, like revenue and education there'll be more vacancies...

No don't know anything more than that. Nice to hear so quick.

The interviewer was going on 2 weeks leave and wanted it sorted before she went so that helped. She said they were interviewing 8 for 5 positions. I wonder what happens to the other 3, will they be still considered for positions elsewhere or are they taken off the panel.

glenn coco I am pretty sure there are a number of positions, what with both depts. of social protections in mullingar and athlone, revenue, education, and all the rest. The interviewer said as much :) So I still hope :)

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    The interviewer was going on 2 weeks leave and wanted it sorted before she went so that helped. She said they were interviewing 8 for 5 positions. I wonder what happens to the other 3, will they be still considered for positions elsewhere or are they taken off the panel.

I was wondering that earlier. There are a good few sections in the RSA - driving licenses, driving tests so we could be anywhere there. I live in town so it will be fine for me. I wonder what the hours will be.

I applied for Westmeath. Had an interview in Dublin at the beginning of May, and an email that I was successful a couple of days later. The call came from HR for the DSP in Dublin.
    i applied for roscommon and had interview last week got an email next day to say i was successful so heres hoping for a long contract:) congrats on your contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Got missed call from dublin castle, have new job so not ringing back

• Registered Users Posts: 33 missmul

Hi..just wondering what type of questions you were asked at interview as i have one next week for Louth area.

I was wondering that earlier. There are a good few sections in the RSA - driving licenses, driving tests so we could be anywhere there. I live in town so it will be fine for me. I wonder what the hours will be.

Took me an hour and 4 minutes to get there this morning. I'll have to think about moving to Ballina for the summer, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

loupad wrote: »
    i applied for roscommon and had interview last week got an email next day to say i was successful so heres hoping for a long contract:) congrats on your contract

Hi loupad, I'm the same as you (interviewed last week in Longford for Roscommon positions and emailed the next day advising I was successful) have you heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

briarrose wrote: »

I was told on the phone there was a ranking or grading or scoring ie some doing better than others in the top group. Who really knows? It really doesn't matter too much.

I got an interview date shortly enough. I'll prepare for that. (folders and rules for email are a bit awkward with the newest design of Gmail, hence my missing it).

Hi. I have interview next week for Louth..I was wondering is the interview tough!! Thanks ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Got missed call from dublin castle, have new job so not ringing back

missmul wrote: »
    Hi. I have interview next week for Louth..I was wondering is the interview tough!! Thanks ��

Mine was very informal. One conducted the interview while another took notes. Lasted Bout 10 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Qardaha

bijou wrote: »
    Hi loupad, I'm the same as you (interviewed last week in Longford for Roscommon positions and emailed the next day advising I was successful) have you heard anything yet?
    No i havent heard a thing. I would love to know where i come in the panel

missmul wrote: »

My interviewer was about 30/35 years old, a nice friendly lady. She was very thorough in asking me my experience in all the areas that were pointed out in the booklet (you know, experience in dealing with the public, my admin skills, my phone manner, my computer literacy/use of internet etc.); but she was quite informal, very "let's have a chat about you". I was very glad I dressed formally though, all other candidates had.

Thanks for that..hopefully it will go well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

My interview date email gives no general or specific indication of the role for which I'm being interviewed. Given it could be a customer facing or admin role, that makes preparation a little awkward, but I'm doing my best. I'm making sure I can talk fluently about my experience under the usual interview headings. Anyhow, can I email back and ask what specific role I'm for which being interviewed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement