Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 briarrose

From what I was told at the interview I believe that they are general interview to put us on the panel, and they are valid for all positions available. Actually I was told that the positions for Westmeath were not even defined yet, which would mean that they could not have interviewed for a particular role even if they had wanted to. They might match person to role from the panel afterwards, based on experience, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

briarrose wrote: »
    From what I was told at the interview I believe that they are general interview to put us on the panel, and they are valid for all positions available. Actually I was told that the positions for Westmeath were not even defined yet, which would mean that they could not have interviewed for a particular role even if they had wanted to. They might match person to role from the panel afterwards, based on experience, I don't know.

Thanks. It's hard when I don't have specifics, but I'll use what I have got, and make something of that.

They ask for an original and copy reference. Do they mean something with a signature on it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Tiernanism93

Has anyone heard anything from Sligo since the email about passing the interview??

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Hi I got top group in mayo but still haven't heard anything, is anyone else waiting or am I at the bottom of the list? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Mayo miss did you hear anything today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 bubblesburst90

Anybody offered anything in the Dublin area? I'm still waiting to be called after being told i was successful at interview...!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Mayo miss did you hear anything today?
    Nope, I was phone watching all day and they didn't ring. You?

Nope. Maybe tomorrow.

Nope. Maybe tomorrow.
    They seemed to be in a rush to get people sorted so hopefully they'll ring tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donegal2012

Has anyone in Donegal heard anything, From List A or B?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 blueblood1

Has anyone in Donegal heard anything, From List A or B?!?

Not since receiving email that I was successful at interview

blueblood1 wrote: »
    Not since receiving email that I was successful at interview

What's taking them so long.. In list B there is a position starting Monday and it has still not been advertised from the dept.

What's taking them so long.. In list B there is a position starting Monday and it has still not been advertised from the dept.

Getting frustrating!! Is that in Buncrana or Gweedore? I was told there would be no positions in Buncrana by the interviewer which I found weird!!

When you get your email to say successful at interview?

blueblood1 wrote: »
    Getting frustrating!! Is that in Buncrana or Gweedore? I was told there would be no positions in Buncrana by the interviewer which I found weird!!

When you get your email to say successful at interview?

For Gweedore. In public Jobs they said they are expecting the Vacancy to arise soon but have not heard anything about it yet, and therefore if you are not top group for your selected county there is less of a chance to get your selected location for list B, as they have not even interviewed anyone from list B yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Just to let people know. I've gotten several calls and emails about job in revenue/dublin castle. I havent answered as i've just started 6 month contract in new job.

So people dont get worried about blocked numbers calling and missing one call

Last year ,
    My interview was on May 9th,
    My email saying i passed interview was on May 17th,
    My job offer was on the 30th of May,
    My Job started on the 18th of June.

Hope this gives people an idea of the speeds of the offices , from last year anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

BulmersGal, would you not answer them and tell them you've taken another job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Gongoozler wrote: »
    BulmersGal, would you not answer them and tell them you've taken another job?

No as i was in work and i sit in front of manager, then i forgot at lunch.

Also i'm only on 6 month contract so from reading thread from last year if you say no they take you off list but if you dont answer they keep u on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I have gotten a few missed calls the last couple of days. I'm tempting this week for a few days so haven't had my phone on. Finally got a call from a non private number today but was after office hours by the time i rang back so will try again in the morning. Fingers crossed! :)

Hi Lola ,
    What area did you apply for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi Lola ,
    What area did you apply for?

I applied to Dublin. I got my email to say I was successful at interview about 3 weeks back.

I could be waiting a lot longer so :( only got my confirmation email a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Know some who was offered 10 week stint in Revenue/Dublin Castle but they didn't accept them because she had booked a 2 week holiday in July. They were placed back on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linken

I had my interview for limerick today, it's tough to know how it went. It only lasted 10 -15 mins. There was two people interviewing me and I found they did ask some hard questions. I get pretty nervous in situations like that though!

Obviously some counties are on the ball when it comes to offers: I interviewed last Friday morning, offered job Friday afternoon, contract came yesterday and I am starting next Monday. Looking forward to it now.

Obviously some counties are on the ball when it comes to offers: I interviewed last Friday morning, offered job Friday afternoon, contract came yesterday and I am starting next Monday. Looking forward to it now.

Where was that for? Congrats!!! Great it moved so quick :)

Well done , hope all goes good for you!! Did you even get a confirmation email about passing the interview , jeez that was very quick to be in and get a job :) they must have liked you haha :D

I'm starting Monday 17th. My contract came today too. Whatever happened to the phone call we were supposed to get!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Well done to those who got contracts :)

I got my "successful" email the day after the interview, I'm still waiting to hear something, although I did tell them that I would be away for a week in August and they said that wouldn't be a problem but they would more than likely wait until I'm back before offering me anything. Here's hoping ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SoaringPanda

How long are the average contracts? I wasn't able to make my appointment this morning :( I'm lucky enough to have a full time job though so if the contracts were short I wouldn't feel so bad about missing out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement