Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

How long are the average contracts? I wasn't able to make my appointment this morning :( I'm lucky enough to have a full time job though so if the contracts were short I wouldn't feel so bad about missing out.

8, 10 and 13 weeks roughly sometimes 2, 3 or 6 months. I wouldnt feel too bad if contract was very short and i wouldnt be hopeful it lead to anything else as it only a short time if longer then it be worth taking it up for bit of experience. It look better on a cv than a very short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linken

Did my interview on Thursday for the limerick office. Heard back by email on sat that I was successful and they will be in contact if I am considered for a position. Does anyone have any idea how long that will take? As I tought most contracts were for an immediate start.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 missmul

Has anyone gotten word yet about the interviews last Thursday for Louth??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cf10

I had my interview on May 31st for Cork, and got my successful email 4 days later! Heard nowt yet though and feeling very low :( Has anyone else heard back from Cork office?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I was offered a position this morning with revenue for 10 weeks by post! Delighted! This was Dublin area btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Congratulations Lola92!! When did you do your interview? Was the postal offer the first you'd heard since your interview? Or did you receive information first that you'd been successful at the interview stage? Seems to be inconsistency in how they communicate with candidates.

MadamX wrote: »
    Congratulations Lola92!! When did you do your interview? Was the postal offer the first you'd heard since your interview? Or did you receive information first that you'd been successful at the interview stage? Seems to be inconsistency in how they communicate with candidates.

Thanks, I'm so pleased! I got an e-mail saying I was successful at interview, I also has some unlisted missed calls which I was unable to answer but I suspected it was about this. I'm not home but got a call saying that it had come in this mornings post. Hopefully something will come up for the rest of you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Thanks for the speedy reply. Sorry to be a pest but can I ask when you did your interview? Just wondering what time-frames can be expected.

MadamX wrote: »
    Thanks for the speedy reply. Sorry to be a pest but can I ask when you did your interview? Just wondering what time-frames can be expected.

Not to worry, I had my interview on the 14 of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭bossdrum

I got a call offering me a job in Cork two weeks ago after i missed the call the previous day.

I hadn't done an interview but couldn't take the job anyway due to other circumstances. It going to be for 10 weeks.

It seems very random how they offer the jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 cirrus55

cf10 wrote: »
    I had my interview on May 31st for Cork, and got my successful email 4 days later! Heard nowt yet though and feeling very low :( Has anyone else heard back from Cork office?

My sister lives in Cork and had an interview with Social Protection at the Marina on 30 May. Got her email saying she had passed the interview a few days later. Was told that candidates were ranked on the basis of online test performance. The interviewer also stated that they had gone through the complete Top list last year as many dropped out, got other jobs etc. But she said it could be months before a postion comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cf10

Thanks guys yer very good! As it turns out just got a phone call there and starting a job on Monday!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 briarrose

Congrats to all that got a job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Any body on the reserve list get a call? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Tiernanism93

Still no call from Sligo for me and I got Top Group and passed my interview , any1 get Sligo yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 waspsting

What notice period did you receive prior to your scheduled interview ?
    weeks? days?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

waspsting wrote: »
    What notice period did you receive prior to your scheduled interview ?
    weeks? days?

3 days for me and on my previous contract the same,

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Tiernanism93

Roughly a week for me

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Was just thinking. Do you think that as I said I'm available all year rather than just the summer, I might hear later in the year? I was in the top group for mayo but haven't heard a thing 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Amzie wrote: »
    3 days for me and on my previous contract the same,

Yes, three days, short interview like everyone else said. Waiting hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Linken

I had an interview last thurs, heard by email sat that I met the qualifying standard at the interview. Heard back today (Wednesday) that I got a 10 week contract. Starting next monday June 24th. This is for limerick area.

If you were successful at interview, i would recommend ringing them to see when they will begin to call people for the available positions. I called the office on monday as I heard by email on sat that I met the standard. I asked when positions would be starting. She told me June 24th and that they would be calling people back this week. At least I knew that if I didn't hear this week, I was out so I could give up hoping and work on what to do next.

For anyone who has been offered a position - have you got contracts to sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Missed my interview, end up in hospital. Guess that it for me then. Currently working so not fussed, fellow worker got an offer of 10 weeks in Dublin Castle (revenue), had to turn it down as he was taking 2 weeks holidays.

Linken wrote: »
    I had an interview last thurs, heard by email sat that I met the qualifying standard at the interview. Heard back today (Wednesday) that I got a 10 week contract. Starting next monday June 24th. This is for limerick area.

If you were successful at interview, i would recommend ringing them to see when they will begin to call people for the available positions. I called the office on monday as I heard by email on sat that I met the standard. I asked when positions would be starting. She told me June 24th and that they would be calling people back this week. At least I knew that if I didn't hear this week, I was out so I could give up hoping and work on what to do next.

For anyone who has been offered a position - have you got contracts to sign?

I got my contract in the post. Just waiting it to be sent on to me to return to revenue, I listed my home address rather than my college address so parents forwarding it on to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Got an email to say I'd 'reached the qualifying standard' which is fine. I'll ring shortly enough as suggested to see when they'll be taking people on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Danger Mouse Ahead

hey all, to those on the reserve list - keep the faith. I was on it last year in Donegal and got a 6 month stint out of it. However, it was one of the worst experiences of my life, I have worked in a lot of places in the last twenty years and this was by far the worst. Dont get me wrong the work itself was great but the HEO was useless and so false. There were about three EO's and only one of them was decent. They didn't have a clue, instead they thought that what one or two clerical officers were saying/doing was gospel and it made me continously question as to who really was in charge of the office. The only thing the HEO cared about was numbers in work returns as it would look good on her, didn't matter about the mistakes that the CO's were making. Thus, there was such a bad atmosphere in the office and a lot of bullying which the EO's and HEO turned a blind eye to. To those that think the civil service is a doddle, i never heard so many permanent staff in different departments moan and i wouldn't blame them. Would rather clean sewers than have to look at them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

has anyone else who got top group not been called for an interview yet?

Henlars67 wrote: »
    has anyone else who got top group not been called for an interview yet?

I Haven't. Top for mayo and nothing yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Felix the cat

Just got 12 week offer for Leitrim. To start Monday.

Interview on Tuesday !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 stephen.bro91

i had my interview in revenue in cork last wed and got an email on friday saying i reached the standard, i emailed the public appointment service today asking when would positions in cork be available and got an email saying that they dont know. In my application form for the interview i said i was only available form june to september. just wondering the time frame i would be waiting for a contract and if anyone else in cork has been offered a position

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement