Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I've still not even heard of an interview - top group for Limerick, only available til September though. Starting to think I wont get anything from it because they don't seem to be offering 8 week contracts? (or are they?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I got four months in Dublin, which is good. The location for Mayo wouldn't be great. I'd assumed Mayo meant something like Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Where is the revenue based in cork is that cork city?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

I got four months in Dublin, which is good. The location for Mayo wouldn't be great. I'd assumed Mayo meant something like Castlebar.
    Not necessarily I started in Ballina last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

I have an interview with the revenue in castlebar next Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 stephen.bro91

doovdela wrote: »
    Where is the revenue based in cork is that cork city?

ya its in blackpool

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Hennesm wrote: »
    Interview on Tuesday !

Me too! Davitt House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Not necessarily I started in Ballina last week.

I mean I selected Mayo as 2nd choice without checking the specific location. That's why I'm content to get work in Dublin. Anywhere in the selected county with civil service or Council or VEC, could be the place of work

rostalof wrote: »
    Me too! Davitt House?

Yep Davitt house 3:30..see you there😄!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Tiernanism93

I called on Friday , I was told that everything was being done externally this year and therefore the delay .
    I was told that there were places available for filling and to just stand by for now.
    I was also told that depending on what day I was called for interview would affect my placement , for example if I was called on Tuesday , but there were interviews on Wednesday , I would be more likely to get a job than the people on the Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 blueblood1

Got call! Starting Wednesday in Letterkenny! 16 week contract which is great!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donegal2012

Congrats Blueblood!! Still haven't heard anything.. They haven't given you much notice!! Has anyone heard anything from List B in Donegal yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 blueblood1

Congrats Blueblood!! Still haven't heard anything.. They haven't given you much notice!! Has anyone heard anything from List B in Donegal yet?!

Yeah, not much notice! But it works for me so it's fine!! Dublin number that rang me!! U do interview etc?!

Best of luck blueblood , hope you enjoy it , nice long contract too :D fingers crossed they move onto sligo soon :)

Well Mayomiss how did you get on today? What section are you in. I saw you all being given the guided tour and was wondering which one you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Well Mayomiss how did you get on today? What section are you in. I saw you all being given the guided tour and was wondering which one you were.

Licencing Dept, cancellations. Delighted we'll have flexi time but no chance of overtime. Which one are you in?

I'm in licensing upstairs. Are you in testing? Flexi is great - very easy to work up time.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I'm in licensing upstairs. Are you in testing? Flexi is great - very easy to work up time.

It's very confusing with all the depts, yeah it's part of testing.

Yep Davitt house 3:30..see you there😄!

Had my 'interview' this morning at 11.00 It was the most relaxed affair ever. Two middle aged ladies asked me what I used to do in the office in my last job, what did I know about tax (vague to say the least), what computer programs could I use (Microsoft Office suite, accounts software etc.) and do I use the internet!!! They also asked about availability for the position.

In relation to the question about Tax/Revenue, make sure to mention ROS (Revenue Online Service, which I have previously used) because the jobs are for the ROS helpline. They are 10 week contracts starting in September and November I think. The quota for summer intake has already been filled. Looks like I might be missing out this time round because I have plans for college in mid September.

Good luck. It should be grand. I was in and out in 8 minutes!

rostalof wrote: »
    Had my 'interview' this morning at 11.00 It was the most relaxed affair ever. Two middle aged ladies asked me what I used to do in the office in my last job, what did I know about tax (vague to say the least), what computer programs could I use (Microsoft Office suite, accounts software etc.) and do I use the internet!!! They also asked about availability for the position.

In relation to the question about Tax/Revenue, make sure to mention ROS (Revenue Online Service, which I have previously used) because the jobs are for the ROS helpline. They are 10 week contracts starting in September and November I think. The quota for summer intake has already been filled. Looks like I might be missing out this time round because I have plans for college in mid September.

Good luck. It should be grand. I was in and out in 8 minutes!

That's great..just on my way now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭loupad

Any one who passed the interview for roscommon hear back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I called on Friday , I was told that everything was being done externally this year and therefore the delay .
    I was told that there were places available for filling and to just stand by for now.
    I was also told that depending on what day I was called for interview would affect my placement , for example if I was called on Tuesday , but there were interviews on Wednesday , I would be more likely to get a job than the people on the Wednesday.

Thats good to know!

No problem :) ive heard people are getting contacted for Sligo now ... and I still havent heard anything *depression session* :(

Thanks rostalof.. Interview was good. It was , as you said , for 10 week contracts in September and November , but it was a panel for all of mayos' departments so I hope something comes up for you before your college course ��. You never know?!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

loupad wrote: »
    Any one who passed the interview for roscommon hear back yet?

Nope I've heard nothing yet, I take it you haven't either :(

bijou wrote: »
    Nope I've heard nothing yet, I take it you haven't either :(

Nope not a thing i said that i was available all year round might get called when the students go back to college waiting every day for the phone to ring. Are you available all year round or for the summer?

Thanks rostalof.. Interview was good. It was , as you said , for 10 week contracts in September and November , but it was a panel for all of mayos' departments so I hope something comes up for you before your college course ��. You never know?!

Was it 2 middle aged ladies that interviewed you, one named Maureen? They told me that it was for ROS. It gives us better odds if it's for all departments in Mayo.

Yes it was them, they said the jobs they were looking to fill were for ROS but they were compiling the counties panel? Or rather it was all being sent to Dublin to be compiled there?
    I'm trying to be positive , thinking there might be jobs in other departments ?
    Lets hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

loupad wrote: »
    Nope not a thing i said that i was available all year round might get called when the students go back to college waiting every day for the phone to ring. Are you available all year round or for the summer?

Yeah I said I was available all year round apart from a week in August (unavoidable) and I mentioned it to them at the interview and they said "no problem but they may wait until I'm back before they give me anything", which I think is fair enough as it could have scuppered my chances :).

Let us know if you hear anything ;)

• Advertisement

bijou wrote: »
    Yeah I said I was available all year round apart from a week in August (unavoidable) and I mentioned it to them at the interview and they said "no problem but they may wait until I'm back before they give me anything", which I think is fair enough as it could have scuppered my chances :).

Let us know if you hear anything ;)[/quote

Yeah will do. Will you let me know if ya hear anything :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement