Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ree40

That's great news I am just phone watching now hoping to hear somthing from Sligo soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 waspsting

Lola92 wrote: »
    This happened to me also, was sent out a letter offering me a position and contract by post. I'm starting on Monday :-)

Congrats, is the position in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

My daughter passed the interview she had last week and is on the panel in Dublin smile.png Has anyone got an offer of a contact recently for Dublin ?? So excited for her doing so well

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Carraway

I'm currently working as a TCO in the Department of Social Protection, in the interview it was mentioned because I previously worked in the civil service while in my co-op in college that I might qualify for a different rate of pay as it was pre 2011. I've sent off an email to HR but haven't heard anything back yet, would anybody know if having been a co-op student rather than a clerical officer would disqualify me from the old rate of pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Hennesm wrote: »
    Thanks rostalof.. Interview was good. It was , as you said , for 10 week contracts in September and November , but it was a panel for all of mayos' departments so I hope something comes up for you before your college course ��. You never know?!

Have you heard anything back yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Not a thing! How about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Nada, zilch, not a single thing!

rostalof wrote: »
    Nada, zilch, not a single thing!

Still nothing from Sligo either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Has anyone on reserve panels been interviewed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

doovdela wrote: »

I doubt it, I got top group and still no word of an interview.

• Advertisement

Henlars67 wrote: »
    I doubt it, I got top group and still no word of an interview.

Really. They taking their time this year. Not looking good so as had applied in march picked april to september slot thinking I hear back sooner if on reserve. I heard back in April that I am on reserve haven't heard anything since for both places I got on reserve for. :(

I have to pick somewhere else next year. Keep being put on reserve the past three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ellis1

doovdela wrote: »

I was reserve for Cork and got called for an interview last week. I turned it down though as I am working on a longer term contract.

It was for Social Protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

I think there won't be any more until August / September , when things settle back after the term time workers return ��

Dublin and town in kerry are what i picked. Might be impossible to get any contract. I take note of august and september but thought i'd hear something by now even if few weeks or days in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Mayo miss how are you getting on? Does your name begin with S if it does you talk to me sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Mayo miss how are you getting on? Does your name begin with S if it does you talk to me sometimes!

Nope, I'm R. There are only two other TCO's anywhere near me and both started the same day as me. A fourth TCO was placed elsewhere in the building so might be her you meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

dubdub123 wrote: »
    My daughter passed the interview she had last week and is on the panel in Dublin smile.png Has anyone got an offer of a contact recently for Dublin ?? So excited for her doing so well

Has your daughter heard anything? I think I must have had an interview the same day as her in Dublin, got the email saying I passed the next day, and have heard nothing since. Seems like such a silly system!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Seems to have gone quiet on this thread recently.

Has anybody who applied for Roscommon heard anything yet??

bijou wrote: »

Not heard anything from Sligo yet either! Been in contact with 2 others who had successful interviews but still no contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭loupad

Hi I applied for roscommon and passed the interview on the 24th of may had interview the day before, I had heard nothing so i emailed the pas last week got a reply that they are waiting for positions to come in for roscommon and that they will be in touch when the postions come, I hope this helps

• Advertisement

loupad wrote: »
    Hi I applied for roscommon and passed the interview on the 24th of may had interview the day before, I had heard nothing so i emailed the pas last week got a reply that they are waiting for positions to come in for roscommon and that they will be in touch when the postions come, I hope this helps

Thanks loupad...... Keep us updated if you hear anything :)

Just got a call they want me to start on monday. I would be able to start the following monday. Would they change the start date for me or if i turn it diwn because i cant start until the following week is that the end of the offers. Can anyone give some advice on what to do?

Just got a call they want me to start on monday. I would be able to start the following monday. Would they change the start date for me or if i turn it diwn because i cant start until the following week is that the end of the offers. Can anyone give some advice on what to do?

Hi loupad - congrats on the start :D I don't know about your start date dillema though hopefully someone here can advise. best of luck :)

Hi loupad - congrats on the start :D I don't know about your start date dillema though hopefully someone here can advise. best of luck :)

Thank you its 13 weeks maybe longer so fingers crossed they can do something about the start date will keep you posted :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I had my start date moved from a Monday to a Wednesday so hopefully they can stretch a bit longer for you ! Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shanzam

I had an interview on the 25th of June and got a mail the next day saying that I reached the pass standard... Haven't heard anything since, anyone else in Dublin in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

Hi shanzam,

I had an interview for TCO positions in Dublin on 6th June. I received an email on 13th June to say that I had been successful at interview and that they would be in touch when a suitable position arose. I then got a call on 21st June asking me to start work in the Department of Social Protection on 24th June even though I had distinctly said on both my application form and at the interview itself that I was not available until 30th June. The lady that called me from HR was extremely nice and said that she would send back my details to Public Appointments and that I would be kept on the list given that it was their mistake. I decided to email Public Appointments last week about it and was told that my details had been passed on to another department and that I would hear back about a job shortly. I'm still waiting. Anyone else in the same boat?

Thank you its 13 weeks maybe longer so fingers crossed they can do something about the start date will keep you posted :-)

loupad - Can you divulge the area you'll be working in?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I wouldn't be too worried about timeframes unless you are only available for a short period.

The first time I applied was in March 2010. Interview was end of April 2010. Successful after a couple of weeks but was offered a post in the 3rd week of July. Had to give current place 1 week notice and they waited. Got a 2 and a half year contract out of it (as did a few others).

Every situation is different but I wouldn't fret. Email PAS to see what the story is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Im on reserve panel and just wondering is their any chance of being called for a postion at all??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement