Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shanzam

bangors85 wrote: »
    Im on reserve panel and just wondering is their any chance of being called for a postion at all??

I was on the reserve list and got 2 days notice for an interview so there's still hope

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Thanks for the reply, beginning to think i wont hear anything, would it be any good to get onto your local td at ??

Don't know if TD's have any swing with it but you could try contacting the recruiters to see what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Im on reserve panel and just wondering is their any chance of being called for a postion at all??

Ya there's a chance. I got called for last year but was a year later before got offered an interview. So hope yet for this year but not holding my breath! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

Thanks for the reply, beginning to think i wont hear anything, would it be any good to get onto your local td at ??

Are you serious? If you think that's what our legislators are for I wish people like you wouldn't apply to work in the public service. This is such a huge part of what's wrong with our country. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Wat do you want me to do!! stay in bed all day, you do whatever it takes to find work and if its means going that road i would, get down off your high horse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bebhinn90

Yea I was on the reserve list as well and got called for interview this week. Anyone be able to tell me a few questions they might ask? Is it competency based or just a run through your CV?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Hi - just a heads up on Roscommon. I called today for a contract to start on Monday, well chuffed I am :D - Anybody else hear anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Which reserve list were you on ? Sounds positive . Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭loupad

loupad wrote: »
    Thank you its 13 weeks maybe longer so fingers crossed they can do something about the start date will keep you posted :-)

It was dept of social welfare in roscommon ps they would not move the start date best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Ree40

Got call today 12 week contract starting on Aug 6th,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭haveabanana

12 week contract starting the 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Wat do you want me to do!! stay in bed all day, you do whatever it takes to find work and if its means going that road i would, get down off your high horse!!!

I would applaud you for doing whatever you can to get work, but honestly, if getting in contact with a TD has any bearing on whether or not you get called for a TCO position in the Public Service, then the whole system is beyond a joke.

I genuinely believe the system is impartial - it's imperfect, certainly, as those aptitude tests are ridiculous...but it should be impartial.

It would be patently unfair if someone could secure either a job, or an interview, by having a politician interfere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Anyone have an 11 month contract starting on Monday?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Anyone have an 11 month contract starting on Monday?

I do, got the call last week

Cool, I'll probably see you over there. You in Clonskeagh yeah?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Cool, I'll probably see you over there. You in Clonskeagh yeah?

Yeah, gonna do a trial run over either today or tomorrow to see where the bus leaves me

Doesn't really help me but I see there's a free shuttle bus up from the dart station every morning and back in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

I was placed in the top group for Dublin and I'm still waiting for the call. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Do they email or phone you or do you have to keep logging on to Public Jobs site to see if there's a message?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Qardaha

You're not obliged to stay in bed all day.

You're obliged though, not to use public representatives for your own, selfish agenda.

Attitudes like that have ruined this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

kildaremum wrote: »
    Do they email or phone you or do you have to keep logging on to Public Jobs site to see if there's a message?

I got an email to invite me to interview then a phonecall to confirm I would be there. Got a phonecall offering the job too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

shanzam wrote: »
    I do, got the call last week

As did I. The pay is far worse than I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

panama wrote: »
    As did I. The pay is far worse than I thought it would be.

When I started it was easy to work up flexi time as we only had to work 6 hrs 57 mins but two weeks in to the contract the new hours came in and now we have to work 7 hrs 24 mins so harder to work up the time. It's a handy job for me as I live only 5 mins from the workplace but if I had to commute it wouldn't have been worth it for me.

Does anyone know if you get a 13 week contract is that the only contract you will be offered. Is there a chance you'd be kept longer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    When I started it was easy to work up flexi time as we only had to work 6 hrs 57 mins but two weeks in to the contract the new hours came in and now we have to work 7 hrs 24 mins so harder to work up the time. It's a handy job for me as I live only 5 mins from the workplace but if I had to commute it wouldn't have been worth it for me.

Does anyone know if you get a 13 week contract is that the only contract you will be offered. Is there a chance you'd be kept longer?

Hi are you in people point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Ilovelucy wrote: »

I got offered an extra two weeks ( as did others ) last year because other TCOs had left at short notice an too late to bother to get new staff . Might get an extension if therell be a shortage of staff after the TCOs leave

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Just been offered 10 weeks in castlebar..anyone else? Not sure what to do as just started a 9month internship ...head is mashed !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is internship unpaid? Go with one that appeals to you and that help career but if tco suits for security reasons stick with that. Weigh up pros and cons.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

It's €50 extra a week and local..and actually quite enjoyable. Not sure if there will be a job at the end as its essentially covering maternity leave , but there might be a few months in it the girl decides to extend her mat leave?
    Really can't decide..if t was was 12 weeks or more I wouldn't think twice about it..:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Hennesm wrote: »
    Just been offered 10 weeks in castlebar..anyone else? Not sure what to do as just started a 9month internship ...head is mashed !

Same as that. I have 4 days booked away during the first week of the contract and I'm waiting to hear if I got onto an ICT Skills HDip in Computing course for September. They ask you to let them know if you're available for the December intake instead which is what I'll probably do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement