Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

Where did you apply for flunch? Still hope yet.

Dublin :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I went for an interview to Tipperary Town earlier in the summer and was accepted but I asked to be put back on "list" as it was 80km round trip from my home. I haven't heard anymore, and as I have a contract position, finishing in January, I didn't pursue it but any jobs going in the new NDLS centres?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

AK333 wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I went for an interview to Tipperary Town earlier in the summer and was accepted but I asked to be put back on "list" as it was 80km round trip from my home. I haven't heard anymore, and as I have a contract position, finishing in January, I didn't pursue it but any jobs going in the new NDLS centres?

Send your CV to SGS Ireland ltd in Galway. They run the NDLS centres. They are very busy and still taking on staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Send your CV to SGS Ireland ltd in Galway. They run the NDLS centres. They are very busy and still taking on staff.

Just had a look on line. Is it the NCT centres they run, as opposed to the new National Driving Licence Service (NDLS centre). I'll phone them later anyway to check and I appreciate the info.

Also I can only get an address for them in Kildare, Dublin and Cork, not Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

AK333 wrote: »
    Just had a look on line. Is it the NCT centres they run, as opposed to the new National Driving Licence Service (NDLS centre). I'll phone them later anyway to check and I appreciate the info.

Also I can only get an address for them in Kildare, Dublin and Cork, not Galway?

Here is the thread on SGS recruitment http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056944327

I got through to final stage interview and was offered a job but only contract and as im already in a contract role decided to turn it down:rolleyes: Im sure they will be taking on more people though, best of luck:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Slightly off topic but heard from a relation in the OPW that they will begin the application process for seasonal work at their various sites across the country on the 18th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

Is that not way earlier than usual, was May last year, and that was late due to the new process, I think it was February every other year......maybe wrong?

davydoc wrote: »
    Is that not way earlier than usual, was May last year, and that was late due to the new process, I think it was February every other year......maybe wrong?

Yea last time it was February but according to my relation it opens the 18th !

• Registered Users Posts: 29 superleeds16

haro124 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but heard from a relation in the OPW that they will begin the application process for seasonal work at their various sites across the country on the 18th of November.

Any idea how to apply for these positions mate

Any idea how to apply for these positions mate

I was told that the applications open online on the 18th ( either public jobs.ie or opw.ie) you then have until the 28th to send your application to them.

• Advertisement

Whats opw.ie ?

Whats opw.ie ?

It's the website for the office of public works.
    There's an ad in the jobs section of the independent for the positions !

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

Quick question - I got a call for interview from the reserve group.

Anyone have any idea if they're interviewing as a backup precaution, or if they expect vacancies in the near future?

Phantasos wrote: »

Anyone have any idea if they're interviewing as a backup precaution, or if they expect vacancies in the near future?
    The reserve panel isnt used until the top panel is completely used up so they must have some vacancies coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

February is for the standard public jobs process for TCOs.

Possibly OPW have a different process for their seasonal staff, because they need them in a different cycle.

February is for the standard public jobs process for TCOs.

Possibly OPW have a different process for their seasonal staff, because they need them in a different cycle.

Yeah sorry, my bad, I miss understood, I thought it was for TCO's that he was chatting about, not guides for the OPW.....Sorry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I got an email from PAS today asking me was I still interested in a TCO position in Dublin. The email was a bit vague and stated it was just to gauge interest and availability. They said PAS may have positions coming up and asked was I available on Jan 7th for interview for a possible mid to late January start.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sjka2013

I got an email from PAS today asking me was I still interested in a TCO position in Dublin. The email was a bit vague and stated it was just to gauge interest and availability. They said PAS may have positions coming up and asked was I available on Jan 7th for interview for a possible mid to late January start.

Me too. My interview has been confirmed. Hopefully I can get some work out of it. It's been too long. Does anybody know more about the positions or has any tips for the interview??

sjka2013 wrote: »
    Me too. My interview has been confirmed. Hopefully I can get some work out of it. It's been too long. Does anybody know more about the positions or has any tips for the interview??

Congratulations :) Hopefully the jobs will be a few months in duration. Is your interview on January 7th?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

Where in Dublin well these jobs be

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Where in Dublin well these jobs be

Nobody knows. It'll depend on which government departments have vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Phantasos

Phantasos wrote: »

Quick follow up on this: Halfway through an (open ended) 8 week contract. So it's well worth attending the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mark37

Does anyone know when recruitment might start again for the full-time Clerical Officer Panel?

Mark37 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when recruitment might start again for the full-time Clerical Officer Panel?

Probably when economic conditions allow for it. It could be a long time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Probably when economic conditions allow for it. It could be a long time yet.

It will not be a long time. Quite a few departments are actually under staffed now. In response to the question, I'd say 1-2 years at the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

There'll be a general election in 18 months or so. Not everybody has a masters in IT. Lifting the embargo would be a popular move. "A more efficient civil service on lower pay" etc. And kids not having to emigrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Hi, just wondering if anyone who was TCO last year (like me), knows if we are entitled to a refund on pension contributions? I can vaguely remember a conversation while working there, where it was said that we would be refunded in January. Not sure if it's true, but if it is, is it automatically refunded, or do you need to apply for it. Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭maneno

You have to apply for the refund,its not automatic compensation,contact HR and they will instruct salaries to do it, :D
    Glenn Coco wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone who was TCO last year (like me), knows if we are entitled to a refund on pension contributions? I can vaguely remember a conversation while working there, where it was said that we would be refunded in January. Not sure if it's true, but if it is, is it automatically refunded, or do you need to apply for it. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement