Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Mine went well it was a very relaxed interview, more of a chat than anything. I was very happy with it, so hopefully we get a call in a week or two. I'd say the delay now is the garda vetting and once that comes through we should hear something

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭KCC

A friend of mine also got the e-mail yesterday saying that he had reached the qualifying standard at the interview in Limerick last week.

Do you think that it's just a matter of waiting for the Garda vetting to come through or do you think that the number of people that passed the interview exceeded the actual vacancies?

Also wondering where you heard that the jobs are starting in 3 weeks time?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

Ya it was quite relaxed, was very happy with it. Hopefully, we should hear something by the end of the week. Maybe the Garda vetting is the delay but it takes a lot longer than a month to process that so we'd have to start anyway in March.

When I was contacted over the phone first I was asked was I available to start the 3rd of March. Also, in the interview they said I would find out next week as the job is starting in a month.

I'm not sure how many people were interviewed, I was told there was 50 jobs available

archie199 wrote: »
    Ya it was quite relaxed, was very happy with it. Hopefully, we should hear something by the end of the week. Maybe the Garda vetting is the delay but it takes a lot longer than a month to process that so we'd have to start anyway in March.

When I was contacted over the phone first I was asked was I available to start the 3rd of March. Also, in the interview they said I would find out next week as the job is starting in a month.

I'm not sure how many people were interviewed, I was told there was 50 jobs available

Thanks a million; that's really useful information. I'll post here if my friend hears anything further.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Hi , got phonecall yesterday from public appointments in relation to 8 weeks in the county council, just wondering wat is the interviews like and im from cork and was just wondering is it based in cork city

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I just got a phone call from PAS offering me a position in the Passport Office in Dublin. I turned it down because I'm starting in the Cork Passport Office next Monday. I got this job in a separate competition from the PAS TCO one, it was run by the Department of Foreign Affairs. The application process for the Cork and Dublin Passport Offices was the same so I fired off the exact same application for both. I didn't even get shortlisted for an interview for the Passport Office in Dublin but I was still offered a position there by PAS.

The separate Passport Office interview I did in Cork was a much more demanding one than the PAS interview. The PAS interview was a quick chat that didn't even last 10 minutes but the Passport Office interview was a full on competency based interview that lasted 30 minutes. I think only 1 in 3 interviewed were offered a position. I assume the Dublin Passport Office interviews were a mirror image of the Cork ones. You could have winged the PAS TCO interview with no preparation but I would have been sunk without preparing for the Passport Office interview. I don't get it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Thanks for the info and just hope the interview goes well and that in based in cork city!!

bangors85 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info and just hope the interview goes well and that in based in cork city!!

If it's Cork County Council you will probably be out in the county council offices on the Carrigrohane Road.

Hi. Did anyone hear anything more back from revenue for Limerick yet?

Hi. Did anyone hear anything more back from revenue for Limerick yet?

No, my friend hasn't heard yet.

I read on the news that they are starting a national campaign to pursue the household charge and property tax at the beginning of April so maybe ye will start work there in mid to late March?

• Advertisement

KCC wrote: »
    No, my friend hasn't heard yet.

I read on the news that they are starting a national campaign to pursue the household charge and property tax at the beginning of April so maybe ye will start work there in mid to late March?

I contacted her this morning and was told that you will be go contacted if your name is reached on the panel for a position. You could expect to be contacted in the next two weeks if you were to be offered a contract. These 50 positions are still starting the 3rd, just thought I'd have heard by now. Long wait!

I contacted her this morning and was told that you will be go contacted if your name is reached on the panel for a position. You could expect to be contacted in the next two weeks if you were to be offered a contract. These 50 positions are still starting the 3rd, just thought I'd have heard by now. Long wait!

So really they'd want to be contacting people no later than next Monday or Tuesday if they are starting on 3rd. Reading between the lines of what she said to you, it seems they haven't contacted anyone yet?

KCC wrote: »
    So really they'd want to be contacting people no later than next Monday or Tuesday if they are starting on 3rd. Reading between the lines of what she said to you, it seems they haven't contacted anyone yet?

Ya I was thinking that too, will have to have heard by next Wednesday if they're starting the 3rd. That seems to be the situation alright, I don't think anyone has been offered a contract yet although I'm not a 100% certain. I will be in touch again if I hear anything!

Just got a call from Revenue in Limerick I'm starting the 10th of March, absolutely delighted

kojack wrote: »
    Just got a call from Revenue in Limerick I'm starting the 10th of March, absolutely delighted

Congratulations! I got the call there, starting the 10th as well. Delighted!
    Best of luck :)

Best of luck Archie, at least there will be a group of us starting the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Anyone know if they'll be opening up a panel for the summer ? and when ?

Have had a look on public jobs but no sign of tco to be found

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Anyone know if they'll be opening up a panel for the summer ? and when ?

Have had a look on public jobs but no sign of tco to be found

Last year it was around march that those jobs were advertised

That's great guys. My friend didn't get the call but Ennis was his first choice so that could be the reason.

By any chance, did the call come from a private number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nancy199

I also got call on Friday staring on the 10th of March. I am delighted.
    Just to let you know they didn't phone from private number. Hope u friend gets a call soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dapperdan

Hours are 43.25 for 375 euro a week?? is it 8am-5.30pm working day?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Dapperdan wrote: »
    Hours are 43.25 for 375 euro a week?? is it 8am-5.30pm working day?

Hours are 37.5 P/W. :)

You have to work 7 hours and 27 minutes a day. Most offices have flexi time so you don't have to start at 8.30. You can start before or after (before 10 am) as long as you work your 7.27.

The Passport Office have been great. They gave me a form for my incremental credit on my first day. I think I qualify for the pre Jan 1st 2010 pay scales as well so I'm happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Yes, that is generally the case roughly that is the amount of hours you have to work, start any time between 8 and 10am. May have to clock in and out depending what office you be in. Is there still flexitime available?

Will they need to finish this campaign before they open up a new one for the coming year?

doovdela wrote: »
    Yes, that is generally the case roughly that is the amount of hours you have to work, start any time between 8 and 10am. May have to clock in and out depending what office you be in. Is there still flexitime available?

Will they need to finish this campaign before they open up a new one for the coming year?

Ya, there's still flexi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kmag16

I emailed info@publicjobs.ie earlier enquiring about the TCO for 2014. I received a reply saying that the 'Temporary Clerical Campaign for 2014 has not yet been fully decided.' I was then advised to register for alerts under the heading 'Administration' and then under the sub-category of 'Clerical', which I did.

So maybe the TCO campaign might not be running at all this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

kmag16 wrote: »
    I emailed info@publicjobs.ie earlier enquiring about the TCO for 2014. I received a reply saying that the 'Temporary Clerical Campaign for 2014 has not yet been fully decided.' I was then advised to register for alerts under the heading 'Administration' and then under the sub-category of 'Clerical', which I did.

So maybe the TCO campaign might not be running at all this summer?

:( I really hope id does in the end I've been kinda counting on it doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

its open now :)

what happens after you make the initial application?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There's a new thread for 2014 open here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057162850

So am closing this one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement