Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll show you mine, mark 2 - No quoting pictures!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BearThomas131

Guns n roses / death of particular time in my life tattoo, will be extended into a full sleeve eventually done by Anna from nine lives tattoos in bray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

heres the start of my maori tribal sleeve
    outline was short but blackening of it holy **** long time. booked in agin in two weeks for more and also the top of the tattoo is not finished as i had to leave before it was done to collect my daughter from creche

outline
    4E4393AA_zpsb4f2b4e6.jpg

E720FCA7_zps6cea9c3c.jpg

filled in
    5F044848_zpsc659116f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

First time getting a tattoo in Ireland, went up to Snakebite and got this from Luke this evening:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/134000/261474.jpg

Very happy with it. Got a couple of small inverted commas on my wrists as well but hard to take pics! Everyone in Snakebite was very nice, I'll be back!

Edit: image unembedded because massive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That's cool, what's the story behind it if you don't mind me asking? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That's cool, what's the story behind it if you don't mind me asking? :)

Ah not much of a story really. Peter Pan is one of my favourite books despite not having been able to read it in about ten years because it's too sad! I also think it's time to acknowledge that at almost 27 and showing no signs of taking life seriously I might be the boy who never grew up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 robertebootjr

Hanging around this thread a long while but haven't posted...some beautiful tattoos on the thread :)

Some recent work by Rob from Colourworks...the colours really don't come through in this pic and it's a bit sideways but you get the idea!...it continues into my 3/4 sleeve which he's also done over the last couple of years. I'll grab a picture of that too when i get a chance. He's doing some work on my left arm too. To be honest we've too many ideas and too little time :)

You can see a little of the bamboo tattoo in Thailand i got a few years ago too...literally a green rectangle below my chest but i love it for the memories.

I've a Native band on my shin that i got done when i lived in Vancouver too - again i'll take some pics in a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Some recent work by Rob from Colourworks...the colours really don't come through in this pic and it's a bit sideways but you get the idea!...it continues into my 3/4 sleeve which he's also done over the last couple of years.

That's gorgeous! Might need to visit Rob at some stage myself.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

its been a while for me , but finaly got some work done on one of my sleeves
    will post pics later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robertebootjr

innad wrote: »

Yours from earlier in the thread is fantastic. Absolutely beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

innad wrote: »

Rob Mulligan is certainly on my hit list of artists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Herself got her lip pierced today for her birthday. Not overly happy with the customer service (or lack thereof) but here's the pic anyway....

261891.jpg

pics are terrible and where taking after i got them done , will post better ones once healed
    IMG_20130708_225223_zpsc49efa0b.jpg

IMG_20130708_225242_zpsdbd87caf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Love your froggy tattoo Antocann... this is my one :D
    8266845618_1faa143295.jpg

Mylina wrote: »
    Love your froggy tattoo Antocann... this is my one :D

thanks yours is great too , i still have more to go tho , the sleeve is coming along nicely , will post pics of it all together later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

One more session to go, just a bit of sky and water that'll hopefully turn the two legs into one piece. Photo of the two them kinda looks a bit wonky for some reason. Angus in Awol.

1069864_10200157299234529_407388871_n.jpg

1014151_10200157308674765_2052591011_n.jpg

52dwKL.jpg

Got a bit of flash off Matthew whilst I was waiting for the bus too, kind of impulsive but, it fills out the space above my knee. Only took 25 minutes :P

1003095_10200157312474860_1704091818_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One of my friends would love you, he loves ducks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Is there a meaning behind the ducks?
    I plan on gettin some duck ad pheasant on me for my hunting background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Nope, my Granddad's apartment was full of little mallard trinkets and paintings when I was young so that's probably why I was always so fond of them, but didn't really get them in memory of him or anything like that, just thought it was a bit of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Another (8 hour) session today in the never ending quest to finish my sleeve.Done again by the brilliant Attila at Wildcat.

FD07176504344FDEB80CD6FD53F21A48-0000343138-0003311875-00800L-31F4D69EF7D0428C9A338FE7A082339F.jpg

F2FBE92E7D6E41CB80F45C73CC2308A8-0000343138-0003311874-00800L-854348E30A9A4D04B7BFBDB79095FA8A.jpg

CFF085B25DE943E2AF39774D9E481D7F-0000343138-0003311876-00800L-0CBFE53100D84B3084B070BC56B0C130.jpg

Apologies for the poor pics it's not easy to photograph your own arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Heading in to Pawel in Skin City Friday of next week to get the inside of my arm done, I'll post pictures when it's done. Does anyone else find that the closer they get to the date the less prepared they feel about the final design? I've made more changes int he last two weeks than the previous 6 months!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Tibetan skull, chrysanthemum & cherry blossoms. By Richard Pinch. Finished for now!

image-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

That is beautiful!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Kildara that is spectacular!

Wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

I'm still not entirely convinced by the blue chrysanth. I thought it looked a bit 'cartoony' and took away from the rest of it. But it's growing on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

kildara wrote: »
    I'm still not entirely convinced by the blue chrysanth. I thought it looked a bit 'cartoony' and took away from the rest of it. But it's growing on me

I dunno, if anything I think the cherry blossoms look more 'cartoony' than the chrysanthemum, but I don't think either go badly in the piece, I think they complement it nicely. :)

Savage piece, I'd say you love it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

1z6avzl.jpg

Complete re-work of my old piece. This was the first picture I took after taking cling film off for the first time on Monday. Still have to get the white put through the hands etc to stand out but i'm very happy so far. Will get more pictures when finished off in a few weeks

Jaysus, I'd say that was painful to get done! :pac: Where'd ya get it done? :)

In parts :p originally got the hands and a bit of background done in Cavan but Dave Murphy from Ashbourne went over it completely and added the script to the end and more clouds to even it out, 3 sessions around 9 hours altogether :) Big enough for my first!!

Very swollen in the picture, looks better now dyed down :)

rizzee wrote: »
    In parts :p originally got the hands and a bit of background done in Cavan but Dave Murphy from Ashbourne went over it completely and added the script to the end and more clouds to even it out, 3 sessions around 9 hours altogether :) Big enough for my first!!

Very swollen in the picture, looks better now dyed down :)

Mother of Jesus, you chose a massive rib piece for your first? You're a braver man than I.

Probably because I'm a woman. :pac:

• Advertisement

Haha thanks! Took two years to get the finger out and have it reworked and finished, nearly there!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement