Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL GW 26 transfers

• 15-02-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭

A new thread each week for transfers that people are considering would nice.

For me its

Zamora > Rooney
    Gerrard > Moses

(4pt hit)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

4 pt hit likewise. Already got in Evans for Skrtel, freein up funds to get in Aguero for Yak which I'll do later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Now that both Nani and Young are fit again, is Valencia's place under threat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Still a week and a half until this GW, with European matches and a cup game in between. I can appreciate players values go up, but I think transferring in 2+ players this soon is a big risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

I got Kelly in a while back because of his price but he's been on the bench since (Fulham haven't kept a clean sheet in 10 games). I'd say I'll be getting a Stoke defender once they're out of the Europa.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Still a week and a half until this GW, with European matches and a cup game in between. I can appreciate players values go up, but I think transferring in 2+ players this soon is a big risk.

Yep I was stung badly like this through injury back at the start of the season. Unless you're affected by price rises, I wouldn't be so quick to do transfers.

Also, Valencia and Graham or Sigurdsson and Rooney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just the one transfer for me.

Cahill has been a failed experiment having gotten him in after his move to Chelsea so I'm shipping him out for Danny Simpson, who with a home fixture against Wolves is a decent short term option at least.

Nice to free up a bit of cash from what is a borderline overly pricey defence, will be strengthening the midfield in the coming weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just the one transfer for me.

Cahill has been a failed experiment having gotten him in after his move to Chelsea so I'm shipping him out for Danny Simpson, who with a home fixture against Wolves is a decent short term option at least.

Nice to free up a bit of cash from what is a borderline overly pricey defence, will be strengthening the midfield in the coming weeks.
    You should take a hit and get a new keeper in . no way i can Ruddy keeping a clean sheet to united .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hadn't even looked at the keeper situation, I have another transfer so can make a free change. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Planning on upgrading Richards to Kompany as my only change

I know Richards is more likely to get points IF he plays but thats the problem, I lost out on 5 points for having Richards over Kompany for the Villa game last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

keane2097 wrote: »
    Hadn't even looked at the keeper situation, I have another transfer so can make a free change. Any suggestions?
    Sorensen or Mignolet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Sorensen or Mignolet

I'd probably go for Mignolet (although I've been in this situation and went the other way)! Listen to the voice of experience :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Sitting tight myself. Don't see any obvious swaps this week, and I prefer to save mine up. Hoping Smalling recovers over the PL break, and Senderos should be back too. I've always been big on having a healthy useful bench, so if their situations take a turn for the worse, I might have to have a look at Evans or Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭pah

2 for me, went for enrique -> kompany & raylor -> simpson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

rosskind wrote: »
    Also, Valencia and Graham or Sigurdsson and Rooney?

Definitely Sigurdsson and Rooney imo. Siggy could have had a monster score against Norwich were it not for the wasteful finishing of his team mates. I think there's far more goals in that pair than in Valencia/Graham. It gives you greater flexibility in the future too as you can easily downgrade Rooney, whereas upgrading Graham could be difficult.

I got Ba for the first time this season this week. For once I'll actually want him to score!

Definitely Sigurdsson and Rooney imo. Siggy could have had a monster score against Norwich were it not for the wasteful finishing of his team mates. I think there's far more goals in that pair than in Valencia/Graham. It gives you greater flexibility in the future 2 as you can easily downgrade Rooney, whereas upgrading Graham could be difficult.

Thanks, that's what I was leaning towards even if I have to take a 4 point hit. I think the only reasoning I'm debating it is cause of how well Graham did for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Made my transfer on Sunday (I think). Had to get rid of Morison before he dropped and he actually dropped again last night I think, so I don't regret transferring so early. Got in the Yak for him, he was the best I could afford. Keeping him benched this week though against City. It'll basically be a rotation with him and Sigurdsson every week depending on who has the best fixtures.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Would I be stupid to not bring Rooney in? Would mean dropping one of Ba (not losing RVP) who has some nice games coming up as well as taking a 4 point hit. Rooney's form could drop off at any minute as well...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I think I'm getting rid of Dzeko for Cisse.

Too many people have Ba.

With Balotelli back, Dzeko will prob be sidelined or taken off after 59 mins :p

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

Lads what ye think of Welbeck in the next few weeks? Is there a better option for under 7.4m at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Lads what ye think of Welbeck in the next few weeks? Is there a better option for under 7.4m at the moment?
    I would go for Graham or the Yak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

brought in Sorenson for Ruddy. Have Friedal but he has tough fixtures coming up so Sorenson is going to be my starting keeper for the short term. Next two games are two home games against Swansea and Norwich

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

PopTarts wrote: »
    I think I'm getting rid of Dzeko for Cisse.

Too many people have Ba.

With Balotelli back, Dzeko will prob be sidelined or taken off after 59 mins :p

I've been banging the drum about Cisse for a good while now, really rate the guy and had him earmarked to bring in as soon as he signed for Newcastle but I think with the emergence of Rooney's possible purple patch in front of goal, it's proving a spanner in the works for the time being at least.

Antonio Valencia out for four weeks - SAF
    :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Devastating news about Valencia. There wasn't really much need for him to play tonight. Young might have managed the 90.

Transfer is made for me now. Just a case of who to get in for Valencia. I can afford to wait a while with him, a drop in price by .1 won't affect me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Devastating news about Valencia. There wasn't really much need for him to play tonight. Young might have managed the 90.

Transfer is made for me now. Just a case of who to get in for Valencia. I can afford to wait a while with him, a drop in price by .1 won't affect me.

Who are you thinking of getting in. I only have 0.1 + the 8.2 from valencia myself.

Who are you thinking of getting in. I only have 0.1 + the 8.2 from valencia myself.

No idea yet. Still have a week to go. I'll wait to here the proper diagnosis in a few days. If it's not too bad then I might just leave him in there. Hamstrings are strange injuries. I was out 4 months with one but VDV seems to be back only a few days after getting one due to the quality of the treatment he gets.

If Valencia's is more like VDV's and he gets good treatment then I probably won't sell him.

Aye, I'd wait a day or two as he'll get properly checked out tomorrow. Plus also you must factor in the amount of times United players come back early from injury. Mind games, what mind games :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I think Yaya Toure is a steal at 7.5m, thinking of Dumping Silva for him

Anyone having trouble logging in?

Edit .. Seems ok now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

What are peoples opinions on Steven Pienaar, he looked impressive against Chelsea. Do people think he can get back the FF form of before the Spurs move?

I know they don't have a fixture this week and face spurs the following week(presume he wont be allowed play that) but after the Arsenal game they have a nice run of fixtures, one to keep an eye on I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

has Robbie Keane gone back to the states yet or is he here for the wigan game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I ended up getting rid of Valencia there and got in Nani instead. Had to also change Sess to McClean too to make it happen. Hope it was worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

has Robbie Keane gone back to the states yet or is he here for the wigan game ?
    Gone

I ended up getting rid of Valencia there and got in Nani instead. Had to also change Sess to McClean too to make it happen. Hope it was worth it.

Why didn't you wait until next week? There isn't a game at the weekend so there was no need to rush into it. I feel there is a chance that he might be back quicker than the 4 weeks. At the moment he's a better pick than Nani.

Nani was pretty rubbish last night. It'll take him a while to get back into the swing of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Going to hold fire on transferring Valencia until we hear a bit more.

At present I'll be transferring Kompany in for Assou-Ekotto but I'll be waiting until nearer the time as anything could happen in training during the week.

If Valencia's out for a while I'll be doing:

Valencia out - Dempsey in
    BAE out - Kompany in

• Advertisement

I bought in v.Persie for 11.9m but thinking of getting rid of him now. Did very well by him but his body language at the end of the match looked bad for the rest of the season. Very diificult this season to get onto hot-pot but i can see man city and man utd really upping the ante in the next few weeks and getting alot of goals. Both teams are out of cl and fa cup so pl is main thing. I think that it has become imperative to have 6 players from the top two now. Might have to re-jig team over next gameweeks, maybe take a few points hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Dzeko and Valencia OUT

Rooney and Walters/Moses/Etherington/ ?

I'm undecided on what midfielder to bring in for 6.5. Any suggestion's would be great

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    Dzeko and Valencia OUT

Rooney and Walters/Moses/Etherington/ ?

I'm undecided on what midfielder to bring in for 6.5. Any suggestion's would be great

Pilkington, Norwich have hit form + score alot,have a decent fixture list, he will go up in price + he is a good finisher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

With me only having two defenders available (Huth, Enrique and Clark out), just transfered Huth out for Kompany even though I wanted to do Sturridge to Ba this week.

However, with Sturridge scoring yesterday and a home game against a former club Bolton, does anyone think its worth the 4 point hit to still get Ba in this week??

Fowler87 wrote: »
    With me only having two defenders available (Huth, Enrique and Clark out), just transfered Huth out for Kompany even though I wanted to do Sturridge to Ba this week.

However, with Sturridge scoring yesterday and a home game against a former club Bolton, does anyone think its worth the 4 point hit to still get Ba in this week??

I wouldn't anyway. 4 points is a goal. How goals is ba going to get this season, 5 or 6. Bolton at home is a match where he could get a big score. I would be more looking towards suarez for the rest of season. Please don't take a 4 point hit, you will regret it. The best thing is to wait and see what happens. Sit back and relax for the rest of this gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I wouldn't anyway. 4 points is a goal. How goals is ba going to get this season, 5 or 6. Bolton at home is a match where he could get a big score. I would be more looking towards suarez for the rest of season. Please don't take a 4 point hit, you will regret it. The best thing is to wait and see what happens. Sit back and relax for the rest of this gameweek.
    Cheers for that. Probably will see it out but its the craziness of the amount of people bringing ba in over the last two wks that is changing my mind :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Cheers for that. Probably will see it out but its the craziness of the amount of people bringing ba in over the last two wks that is changing my mind :o

I agree about ba. He is an excellent player but there is little point in buying a player at this time just to see him go up in value. He could go on another good run. I don't think it is luck, he is clearly a high quality. Even at less than 8.0m if he were to go on another streak he would represent good value in a week or two + will be illuminating to see another game at newcastle partnering cisse.

How goals is ba going to get this season, 5 or 6.

I'm not sure if I'm looking a typo or sarcasm. Because there's no way anybody who has been watching Ba this season can think this.

Ba has scored 16 PL goals in the 17 games he's been back fit from Ramadan. And stick 4 assists and 24 bonus points on top of that.

With 13 games to go, saying he's only going to get 5 or 6 is completely underselling his quality and usefulness in FF. Madness!

If it was a typo, ignore this... sanity is restored.

My team is falling apart. Don't want to sacrifice 4 points!

Which one would people transfer out? I was planning on getting rid of Dzeko.

Taylor R (Doubtful)
    Valencia (Injured)
    Lindegaard (Injured)
    Assou-Ekotto (Doubtful)

carlcon wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm looking a typo or sarcasm. Because there's no way anybody who has been watching Ba this season can think this.

Ba has scored 16 PL goals in the 17 games he's been back fit from Ramadan. And stick 4 assists and 24 bonus points on top of that.

With 13 games to go, saying he's only going to get 5 or 6 is completely underselling his quality and usefulness in FF. Madness!

If it was a typo, ignore this... sanity is restored.

I am perfectly entitled to my opinion. 5 or 6 goals would be an adequate return for any forward in the remaining games. Just because he scored a heap of goals in the first half of season doesn't guarantee he will repeat the trick in the second half + he was main striker and now has cisse up there with him so that will lessen his goalscoring threat imo.

I am perfectly entitled to my opinion. 5 or 6 goals would be an adequate return for any forward in the remaining games. Just because he scored a heap of goals in the first half of season doesn't guarantee he will repeat the trick in the second half + he was main striker and now has cisse up there with him so that will lessen his goalscoring threat imo.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. Equally, everyone else is entitled to point out bad advice. It was never an attack on your right to an opinion, just the opinion itself. But I'm sure you knew that.

At every club he's played for, he's had a phenomenal strike rate. 22 goals in 26. 8 goals in 12. 7 in 12. And now 16 in 21 for Newcastle. He had some troubles at Hoffenheim, but still managed 40 goals for them in 3 seasons.

Unless there's an injury or a falling out we're unaware of, there is no reason to suggest Ba won't continue scoring. Having a new strike partner won't take too many goals away from him at all. He's the ultimate finisher, and if anything, a decent partner is likely to enhance his assists (which are worth only 1 point less).

He is a more than "adequate" player. The man has been a goalscoring machine his whole career.

Telling someone to not take a 4 point hit to get rid of Sturridge, an FF liability, for the best valued striker in the game... and then suggesting they bring in probably the 2nd worst finisher in the league after Torres instead is bound to get some negative attention.

When it comes to picking between Ba, Sturridge, and Suarez... Ba isn't worth a 4 point hit... he's worth a 10 point hit. He is that much better an FF player than the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Have transferred in Siggurdsson for Walters

He'll mostly sit on my bench most weeks as first sub, but a player I see huge things coming from

Gives me a midfield of

McClean-Silva-Bale-Dempsey-Siggy

carlcon wrote: »
    Of course you're entitled to your opinion. Equally, everyone else is entitled to point out bad advice. It was never an attack on your right to an opinion, just the opinion itself. But I'm sure you knew that.

At every club he's played for, he's had a phenomenal strike rate. 22 goals in 26. 8 goals in 12. 7 in 12. And now 16 in 21 for Newcastle. He had some troubles at Hoffenheim, but still managed 40 goals for them in 3 seasons.

Unless there's an injury or a falling out we're unaware of, there is no reason to suggest Ba won't continue scoring. Having a new strike partner won't take too many goals away from him at all. He's the ultimate finisher, and if anything, a decent partner is likely to enhance his assists (which are worth only 1 point less).

He is a more than "adequate" player. The man has been a goalscoring machine his whole career.

Telling someone to not take a 4 point hit to get rid of Sturridge, an FF liability, for the best valued striker in the game... and then suggesting they bring in probably the 2nd worst finisher in the league after Torres instead is bound to get some negative attention.

When it comes to picking between Ba, Sturridge, and Suarez... Ba isn't worth a 4 point hit... he's worth a 10 point hit. He is that much better an FF player than the others.

Fair enough, time will tell. I do think ba is a good player but imo suarez is a better bet in ff, even though if it hasn't been reflected so far. I think ba could be a bit of a mark viduka, waiting for a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Transfering out Bale and Cisse for Pilkington and Rooney. Spurs have some tough fixtures coming up and Pilk will be a good rotation player (mostly on the bench). Cisse has to be sacrificed as I have RVP and Augero up top too.

Am I mad?

• Advertisement
Advertisement