Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

musicians wanted for fundraiser

Options
  • 15-02-2012 2:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

1.Don Bosco House 12 Clontarf Road provides, housing, outreach, aftercare and activities to ‘out of home’ young people in North Dublin and surrounding areas and we are organising a music fundraiser.
    2.We are a not for profit charity registration number 8523 and are looking to raise money to expand our services.
    3.We are looking for musicians/singers who can donate an hour or two of their time to volunteer.The event in taking place outside the GPO,O Connell Street,Dublin on March 16th 2012 from 1pm to 8pm for which we have a Garda permit.
    4.The amount of musicians/singers on the day will depend on whose is willing to donate their services.
    5.There are no requirements to sell tickets or otherwise.
    6.We welcome volunteers of any age for the day.
    7.It is hoped that the day will be a trad irish fundraiser depending on volunteers.
    8.All donations are voluntary on the day from members of the public and all money raised goes directly to empower young people in our services to reach their potential and there are no administration costs.
    9.There will be no fee paid to musicians/singers or other volunteers on the day.
    Anyone wishing to help out can contact us by email at:
    rachel@donbosco.ie or noelcryan@ymail.com

‘I’ve been supporting Don Bosco Teenage Care since 2001 and deeply admire the essential support they give to out of home young people’, Brian O ‘Driscoll Patron of Don Bosco House
    Our website www.teenagecare.ie contains further information on our services.
    Don Bosco Services,
    12 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3.
    Registered Charity No.8523
    We would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

original music or covers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 noelcryan

hoping for traditional irish music which obviously cover jigs reels polkas and also a bit of ballad singing but open to other music for whoever would like to take part so yes originals as well.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hi Noel, I'd be interested in playing. What equipment will be there? I play my own original music, and I have a percussionist as well, so let me know if this suits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 noelcryan

Thanks for reply that would be great we are basically trying to raise money on the day for out of home teenagers in the Don Bosco services and welcome anybody to play music it will be hopefully be like one long jamming session with a mixture of music depending on who turns up on day.Unfortunately we dont have any equipment and as such envisage it will be all acoustic as this is also a condition of the garda permit.Unfortunately we are not allowed to leave contact number on boards.ie but if you send email to me at noelcryan@ymail.com or to rachel@donbosco.ie with your email address or contact details then i can forward our contact numbers or we can contact you.Thanks again for your reply

Advertisement