Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL differentials

• 15-02-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

so who are people taking a gamble on? i don't have any really atm. i got ashley cole last week, that didn't turn out well. i'm hoping chelsea bounce back tho.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

I have Mcclean but I have left him on the bench for 3 of the last 4 weeks where he got 8, 11 and 7:(

worst thing is I am seriously considering leaving him on the bench for next week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

McClean is hardy a differential now is he?? Just checked and he's only 4.5% ownership so I guess that means he is!!

Someone like Balotelli would be someone I'd be thinking would be a good differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Mr Moon wrote: »
    McClean is hardy a differential now is he?? Just checked and he's only 4.5% ownership so I guess that means he is!!
    Someone like Balotelli would be someone I'd be thinking would be a good differential.

Thats the thing though, so many people are talking about him but very little seem to have actually got him in. Most lads I know havent got him so its a good differential for me......if i ever play him:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Stevie Ireland is my only differential. And Richards, maybe. If he plays. Nice one. Mancini. Getting rid of him after City's easy run of games

And the Great Victor Moses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,819 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I bought Mignolet with the WC and he has proved a good buy for me.

As for an outfiled differential i would agree on Balotelli becoming one soon as City are not scoring and he will get in ahead of Dzceko next GW imo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Zamora and the fact that I doubled up on City defenders I suppose are my differentials. Doubling up hasn't really worked so far, with Kompany and Richards both missing out on clean sheets.

Glen Johnson, Baines and Suarez are all people I am considering for the last 8 or 9 weeks of the season. Good fixtures and excellent potential. Suarez may still have high ownership but he's a differential among the serious players. I'll probably let Suarez go though because the more I think about it the more essential Rooney looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

have been swapping 3rd strikers the last few weeks and none of them have worked out. Will switch Zamora for either Cisse off Newcastle or Odemwingie for the next GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Adel Taarabt could finally be a good differential over the next few weeks. Seems to be back on form under Hughes..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Thats the thing though, so many people are talking about him but very little seem to have actually got him in. Most lads I know havent got him so its a good differential for me......if i ever play him:rolleyes:

It's probably down to the fact that a lot of people have Sess and don't want to double up on Sunderland midfielders! It's one or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Demba Cisse and Sigoursson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Siggy, Rooney and the Yak.

Very few people have those 3 in all of my leagues. Rooney is my main one but people have probably started getting him this week and will continue to so it makes him less of a differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Sigurdsson. No one in the top 15 in my league has him. I captained him last week with disastrous consequences. I've yet to get any decent points from him because I've left him on my bench for every game that he has scored well in (which is every one bar his last).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Sigurdsson. No one in the top 15 in my league has him. I captained him last week with disastrous consequences. I've yet to get any decent points from him because I've left him on my bench for every game that he has scored well in (which is every one bar his last).

Was very unlucky not to score heavily last week. Iceland are playing Japan 2 days before Swansea's next match so i'm not sure if he will be available. The match looks to be in Japan so he could be out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Was very unlucky not to score heavily last week. Iceland are playing Japan 2 days before Swansea's next match so i'm not sure if he will be available. The match looks to be in Japan so he could be out.

Yea it's on in Osaka on the Friday. Crazy from the Icelandic FA to be playing a game over there on that day of the week. They must be desperate for the money.

Hopefully Sigurdsson doesn't travel. We'll find out soon enough.

Yea it's on in Osaka on the Friday. Crazy from the Icelandic FA to be playing a game over there on that day of the week. They must be desperate for the money.

Hopefully Sigurdsson doesn't travel. We'll find out soon enough.

http://www.uefa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1751119.html

Iceland's newly appointed coach Lars Lagerbäck has named two separate 18-man squads for forthcoming friendlies against Japan and Montenegro in order to familiarise himself with the best players in the country.
    Iceland will take on Japan in Osaka on 24 February before meeting Montenegreo in Podgorica five days later, but the former Sweden and Nigeria coach has decided that two entirely different squads will travel to each fixture.

No English based players in squad for Japan match

jean beausejour

If it had to be one or the other Sigoursson or McClean? their fixtures dont rotate well

If Alan Curbishley takes over at Wolves it could be worthwhile getting a defender or goalkeeper from the club as when curbs was at charlton they were very defensively sound. Expect them to play a 4-5-1. Only problem is there is no standout super-cheap buy. Thinking of getting rid of Vorm(4.6m) and getting Hennessey in. Am i being stupid here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

If Alan Curbishley takes over at Wolves it could be worthwhile getting a defender or goalkeeper from the club as when curbs was at charlton they were very defensively sound. Expect them to play a 4-5-1. Only problem is there is no standout super-cheap buy. Thinking of getting rid of Vorm(4.6m) and getting Hennessey in. Am i being stupid here?

I wouldn't expect many clean sheets but Hennessey is a save point god. He'll get you 3-4 points every week.

I wouldn't expect many clean sheets but Hennessey is a save point god. He'll get you 3-4 points every week.

i think Swansea are a bit of busted flush but i also have sorensen. Sorensen has conceded 7 goals in his last 4 matches but only made 2 saves in the same time, + he has scored an og. He is beginning to annoy me but i just think that he has potential and at 4.4m is very good value.

• Advertisement

Curbishley is out of running for wolves so will rule out getting in any wolves defenders or keeper for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Adel Taarabt could finally be a good differential over the next few weeks. Seems to be back on form under Hughes..

He is not a bad shout, but isnt cheap. Qpr have decent fixtures but theres no stand out players, like between SWP barton and Tarabet, there is plenty of potential for the points to be divided up as opposed one player getting them all charlie adam last year style.

My differential is possibly going to be Lampard, i know i know, but anytime over the past few years i have been stuck he always gets me out of a hole and well im stuck so im considering the old reliable. Am going to see what his role against napoli is before deciding. If i do bring him in home to bolton i will captain him too as need to make up points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

My differential is to have no differentials in the hope that getting rid of the likes of Silva, RVP, Bale etc. comes back to bite everybody in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

S.M.B. wrote: »
    My differential is to have no differentials in the hope that getting rid of the likes of Silva, RVP, Bale etc. comes back to bite everybody in the arse.

That's pretty much what's going to happen.

This game is decided on who has Rooney instead of Aguero, or Nani instead of Valenica, or Ba instead of Sturridge, and other such "big player" decisions.

It's always nice to discuss other possibilities, and I for one strongly recommend looking at alternatives, but all the best FF managers have all the best FF players, not teams half full of "might-be-goods".

With the exception of new signings; these players are called "differentials" for a reason, and it's not because they're expected to be consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

Would agree with what carlcon has said, there is a certain core of players you have to have 3 or 4 from, Rooney, VP, Ba, Aguero, Silva, Bale, BAE, Dempsey, Sess,Nani Valencia for example. What matters is how many of these you can fit into your team and how good you are at spotting easy fixtures and form for the cheaper players to make up the rest of your team. This is where I see the key to the game.

Having said all that one player I will be keeping an eye on over the next few weeks is Pienaar, looked impressive against Chelsea, now I know he will miss a few games over next few weeks but if he gets going he has the potential to be Evertons main player like he was in previous years for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Would agree with what carlcon has said, there is a certain core of players you have to have 3 or 4 from, Rooney, VP, Ba, Aguero, Silva, Bale, BAE, Dempsey, Sess,Nani Valencia for example. What matters is how many of these you can fit into your team and how good you are at spotting easy fixtures and form for the cheaper players to make up the rest of your team. This is where I see the key to the game.

Having said all that one player I will be keeping an eye on over the next few weeks is Pienaar, looked impressive against Chelsea, now I know he will miss a few games over next few weeks but if he gets going he has the potential to be Evertons main player like he was in previous years for them.

Based on what's said above, my main differentials are probably Rooney and Dempsey. so many people have Valencia and Aguero ahead of those two. Rooney probably being my main differential. So many people were backing Aguero for the past two games but Rooney was the one that stuck out. Silva is slowly but surely gonna become a differential. People are dropping him in droves. Once he's out of most teams, he'll be one of the best differentials available. I still have complete faith in Silva. Last time I questioned him, I was one click away from transferring him out, then that week he gets 2 assists.

As for Pienaar, I'm not sure about him being that big with Everton. Fair enough he scored the last day but I'd still have doubts of consistency. Everton as a team aren't scoring a lot consistently so it'll be very hard for Pienaar to do so. One thing I will say about Pienaar is that I think he will be an enabler for Baines. Baines has not lived up to the hype this year but with Pienaar back, I think that could change. The benefit of Baines is that if he doesn't assist/score then there is a chance he'll get a CS anyway and Everton's defence has seemingly tightened up the past few weeks. Probably because the big man Distin is playing regularly.

One more thing while we're on Everton. Drenthe, remember him? :cool: Well it seems he's back on the radar. He was the best player on the pitch the last day in the FA cup. It was one of the few times he played the whole game and he destroyed in it. He scored one and assisted the other in a 2-0 win. If he gets a starting place back in the Everton side I might reconsider him now that he's dropped all the way down to 5.4. He is a very annoying player to have alright though so I probably won't get him in unless he's a 100% starter, which he will probably never be unless Coleman re-injure himself or Pienaar gets injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

My main one is Bosingwa, in that he's the one that will see me shooting up the leagues if he has a good week. It seems that very few managers up the top have him, which should be a sign for me to get rid!

Gave me a great return for the first three weeks after I bought him (7,8,5), and picking up BP's, but then blew up against United and Everton (?) getting me 1 point in the last 2 weeks. But I have faith he could get me a good return over the next three games, hopefully with a goal or assist! If not he'll be the first one to go when I start bringing in Pool defenders after GW 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,819 ✭✭✭✭dahat

roryc wrote: »
    My main one is Bosingwa, in that he's the one that will see me shooting up the leagues if he has a good week. It seems that very few managers up the top have him, which should be a sign for me to get rid!

Gave me a great return for the first three weeks after I bought him (7,8,5), and picking up BP's, but then blew up against United and Everton (?) getting me 1 point in the last 2 weeks. But I have faith he could get me a good return over the next three games, hopefully with a goal or assist! If not he'll be the first one to go when I start bringing in Pool defenders after GW 30.

Did Boswinga go off inured last night?
    It looked a pretty serious hammo pull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Really? Balls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

1st in one of my leagues has captained Ba, I've (2nd) captained Cisse

Hoping it will pay off!

Advertisement