Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist

• 15-02-2012 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi folks

Can anybody recommend a dentist in the ennis area. i am new to the county.. and need to establish one from now on...pm if have to...thanks alot:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

My families been going to this guy for the last 5 years (our old dentist retired). Seems pretty good. I got a rake of fillings when I went there first and they're all grand. http://www.whatclinic.com/dentists/ireland/county-clare/ennis/counihan-colman-dental-practice

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's an old thread on this that you might want to read up on to get other opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

I can recommend:
    Barry Hillery

64 O'Connells Street
    Ennis, Co. Clare
    (065) 6822622

I have been going to him for a few years and find him good, informed and informative, and friendly - all of which help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I recommend Dr. Helena Joy (Oonagh O'Regan's Dental Clinic, Roslevan Shopping Centre).
    http://www.findmeadentist.ie/index.php/search/advanced-search?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&sobi2Id=86

My sister used to be terrified of going to dentists, in recent times she has been attending Eimear McGrath in Sixmilebridge. My sister is full of praise for her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Nameinuse

Niall McCarthy, The Burren dental clinic, at the height in Ennis.065-6823902 He helped me completely over my fear for dentists. When you get an injection, he numbs the area first so that you don't feel it . I had an mortar taken out , and felt nothing, it was out in literally 2 seconds. I go now to the dentist because i want to, not once in the ten years anymore because i have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Nameinuse wrote: »
    Niall McCarthy, The Burren dental clinic, at the height in Ennis.065-6823902 He helped me completely over my fear for dentists. When you get an injection, he numbs the area first so that you don't feel it . I had an mortar taken out , and felt nothing, it was out in literally 2 seconds. I go now to the dentist because i want to, not once in the ten years anymore because i have to.

A molar, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Nameinuse

Balagan wrote: »
    A molar, maybe?

LOL, possible, that dentist works miracles!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭MOSSAD

Tony Cotgreave The Market Ennis 065 6821612 great guy/service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Oonagh O'Regan's Dental Clinic, Roslevan Shopping Centre.

Been seeing oonagh for over 10 years, shes fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 PSol

Hi everyone,

Hope it's ok to bump this thread but I am looking for recommendations for a female dentist in Clare.

Unfortunately none of the Drs mentioned here so far (Dr O'Regan, Dr Joy nor Dr McGrath) are taking on new patients at the moment. I've searched the other threads but these were the only names I found so far.

Would anyone be able to recommend another good female dentist in the Ennis/Sixmilebridge area?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

If you are on a medical card I think you will have difficulty getting any Dentist to take you on as a new patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 PSol

ger664 wrote: »
    If you are on a medical card I think you will have difficulty getting any Dentist to take you on as a new patient.

No, not on a medical card. It wasn't mentioned unless they assumed - but surely they would have asked?

They just said they're not taking on any new patients at all at the moment as they're too busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

You could try Eimear McGrath in Sixmilebridge. I don't use her personally but I've heard others talking about her and haven't heard any complaints. (I have been going to the same dentist for a number of years now & I'm happy with him, so have had no reason to change.)

Advertisement