Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom image in Longwalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Of course it's a ghost. There can't possibly be ... oh I dunno ... a rational explanation other than a Supernatural figure appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Although there is something a little "eerie" about the image from afar, it's just an aul wan in black clothes!
    I wouldn't get too worked up about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The story in the comment, about a Norwegian called "Fek Dadags" made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I saw two people roidin in that exact spot last summer.

maybe she's keeping guard to make sure nobody else gets up to mischeif there.

eerie picture, certainly gave me the willies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

McTigs wrote: »
    I saw two people roidin in that exact spot last summer.

maybe she's keeping guard to make sure nobody else gets up to mischeif there.

eerie picture, certainly gave me the willies

Sounds like someone else was getting willie in Longwalk! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

It is not a nun -it's Jesus! If you zoom it, you can clearly see a beard!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

She appears to be looking directly at the camera indicating an awareness of her surroundings,” he added.

Ya the person in the pic is prob wondering why some pervert is taking pics of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

God bless photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Great for the tourism alright.
    Let's name her Shawly Nora :D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

If she was there one minute and not the next I would be worried that she fell in. Not that there was a ghostly figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Could it possibly be that most unique of phenomena.. a dark haired women wearing a brown coat ?

Clearly a slow news day in the Galway Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

it just goes to show.. old people are spooky!

369043-abe_simpson_large.gif

I say we lock them away in some sort of publically financed prison... but to make it sound nice we'll call it a nursing home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

its a rubbish bin FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Looks like Warty Nora out for a stroll. Ten times worse than any ghost!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

The April 1st lead story got mislayed in the newsroom ?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Well if it is a Nun she's about eight foot tall,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Shakti wrote: »
    Well if it is a Nun she's about eight foot tall,

Not really when you compare her to the Lifebouy holder on the end. That grassy area is quite raised up and she could have just wondered into the shot, she is still not fully in the shot as the grass comes up to her knees. She also looks as if she is carrying a black handbag in he right hand. Would be interesting to see a could of the other pictures that were taken either side of this one ! If he was taking pictures for a panoramic view that spot would most likely not be in the other shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

the 'life ring' is more in the foreground though, hand bag? prada?
    only one thing for it you dress up as a nun with a hand bag and I'll take a shot and we will compare the two in the interest of science,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

found the thread I was looking for. just because she is wearing a black shawl do snot mean she is a nun. it does whiff of fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

It's a woman in a snuggie on the way to the social

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It means the temporary bridge for the volvo ocean race event is now officially cursed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Fuinseog wrote: »
    found the thread I was looking for. just because she is wearing a black shawl do snot mean she is a nun. it does whiff of fake.

Personally, I don't think it's a fake or anything paranormal. To me it looks like a woman with long black hair, a brown coat carrying a handbag walking towards the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Has the full original image from the camera been made available anywhere....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Mr Curran said he was “freaked” to discover the strange appearance on the camera and checked the other 12 images but the elderly woman did not appear in any of the other pictures.

Haha sure that position isn't IN any of the other images!! It's missed in the overlap...

(images 8-9-10)

6892029163_4138075468.jpg6892033521_cdb6cbdc03.jpg6892038395_50099dbd7a.jpg

:rolleyes:

As shown here...

spoof.jpg

Myth Busted. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭squonk

Your picture isn't showing my friend! Phantom picture???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

squonk wrote: »
    Your picture isn't showing my friend! Phantom picture???

Is it not picture #9 but zoomed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

apparently, when the fire station was being built around 1957 they built it on an old graveyard and strange things started happening at the building site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Fuinseog wrote: »
    apparently, when the fire station was being built around 1957 they built it on an old graveyard and strange things started happening at the building site.

Did they incorporate land from the Claddagh Church coz that place is full of graves? Have the lads put extra gear in the muster bay in the fire station in case the Ghosties decide to join them on a call out? - Elfin Safety don't ya know! Can't have the ghosties answering a call without their proper gear! :D

Would they need the breathing apparatus? :confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement