Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need windows 7

Options
  • 15-02-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

anyone now were to get windows 7 for cheap

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Not a student (or relative of one) by any chance?

http://www.software4students.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snip123456789

marco_polo wrote: »
    Not a student (or relative of one) by any chance?

http://www.software4students.ie/

how quick do they deliver and they windows 7 say its only an upgrade version help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

its an upgrade version but you can use it to install windows like normal theres plenty of guides online just google upgrade windows full install or something similar and youll find the info youre looking for you basically have to install windows twice its a bit of a pain but very doable ive never ordered from them so i dont know how quickly they deliver stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Serephucus wrote: »
    its an upgrade version but you can use it to install windows like normal theres plenty of guides online just google upgrade windows full install or something similar and youll find the info youre looking for you basically have to install windows twice its a bit of a pain but very doable ive never ordered from them so i dont know how quickly they deliver stuff

I was researching installing windows 7 upgrade and I've discovered it is illegal to fresh install a windows 7 upgrade on a new computer. Is this true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've never actually looked. :P Couldn't tell ya, but I'm sure it's on Google somewhere. I don't think there'd be a bunch of guides on the internet for it if it was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Nibs05 wrote: »
    I was researching installing windows 7 upgrade and I've discovered it is illegal to fresh install a windows 7 upgrade on a new computer. Is this true ?

Nope, in fact a friend of mine was having trouble installing the upgrade version on a fresh system and microsoft activated the key for him when he rang them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Nibs05

From Microsoft blog,

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mssmallbiz/archive/2009/10/27/regardless-of-what-any-hack-says-a-windows-7-upgrade-is-an-upgrade-what-you-need-to-know.aspx

all posts on the web regarding this are dated in 2009, I don't think anyone on boards have had any issues fresh installing windows on new builds, and it's a lot better than getting it from torrents and such.
    My nephew is in secondary school, so it's possible to get 7 cheaper for my build even though he wont be touching my computer ?

Nibs05 wrote: »
    My nephew is in secondary school, so it's possible to get 7 cheaper for my build even though he wont be touching my computer ?

As long as the account is in his name
    I think he needs to use his school email address if he has one too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You're supposed have owned a previous version of windows to use the upgrade license. Most people will have owned some version of windows that they are not likely to ever use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 defrein

I have a few copies for sale if you are interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 snip123456789

anyone now were to get windows 7 for cheap

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=29181&agid=185 they say that its english only here but theres one for 6 euro cheaper that says it only has german

Advertisement