Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House goes on sale for 10k

• 15-02-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

A derelict house in Portlaoise goes on sale for 10k.

10K ain't bad for four walls and a roof.

Needs plenty of work by the looks of it...

Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

10K for a pixelated house :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Good setting for a Horror film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would be more concerned if there was any Jacobs cream biscuits living next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

That house is built over a haunted well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

"Portlaoise" being the operative word in this article...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

There was a cheaper one in Leitrim a while back, went for 7.5k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

token101 wrote: »
    There was a cheaper one in Leitrim a while back, went for 7.5k.
    See above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Still cant afford it... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

enviro wrote: »
    A derelict house in Portlaoise goes on sale for 10k.

10K ain't bad for four walls and a roof.

Needs plenty of work by the looks of it...

Link

I beg to differ in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

It's being auctioned with a max reserve of 10k. This is not the same as "on sale for 10k".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The house is absolutely derelict, There was water running inside it for a year, the inside is destroyed.

Ah now the selling skills needs work lads.

The house is an absolute delight, [it's still standing]

in a vibrant and progressive area [in the drug dealing industry],

access to all local amenities [only if you have a car]

the interrior is a DIY enthusiasts delight [it's a shtihole of the highest order]

etc
    etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Overpriced for 10k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Fire. Kill it with fire! Portloaise that is, the house is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

The main picture of the port laoise wikipedia page is the road out of it, im not even lying

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Local auctioneer Matt Dunne has voiced his concerns that the low reserves set by Allsops are further devaluing the Irish property market

Ok, let's go back to 500K for a 3bedroom semi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

This house will offer an enthusiastic first time buyer the chance to get on the ladder and stamp their own personality on the property!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

I stopped in Portlaoise once for food on the way to Dublin. Never again!! The whole town itself isn't worth 10k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭GowlBag

number10a wrote: »
    I stopped in Portlaoise once for food on the way to Dublin. Never again!! The whole town itself isn't worth 10k!

Oi, don't be dissing Portlaoise, the fair town of my birth.

The whole fücking country isn't woth 10K! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'll sell someone a house for 7K.. that's right 7K

Only negative is that it's not my house, but we can iron out that little quirk no problem!

Oh and it's in Cavan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yep, dismal kip

thank god for the M7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

where is the thread with the ridiculous house/apartments listings on daft?
    similar to this posting, but with 500 a week rent thrown in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

i saw this on the latest and i couldn't believe it ...
    i see the catch ... it in Portlaoise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭belle2e

Living the dream son,ill take that house and the one joined onto it.
    Convert them both together,make um an exhibition centre and steal all the tourist buckingham palace get.
    10k bargain.......... maybe in 3012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

If you gave it to me i still would not take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

to be fair, a house is only what you make of it, if you are/are in the construction business this is an ideal oppertunity to buy this, completely rebuild and make beatuiful and thus use as you're advertisement.... though most know they can't polish a turd, i fear they lack the talent...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cheekita

I worked and lived in portlaoise 5 years ago, i only lasted 6 weeks there. Now i have nightmares about there, really bad nightmares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Aquila wrote: »
    Its in an area thats locally known as "the white city" leave it to your imagination why its known as that!

Is it because it snows there a lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

darokane wrote: »
    Is it because it snows there a lot?

no portlaoise people suffer terrible dandruff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Aquila wrote: »
    Its in an area thats locally known as "the white city" leave it to your imagination why its known as that!

it's always been known as the white city, even before portlaoise was awash with drugs when all the dubs moved down. now it's just like any other town in ireland, doughnutted by ghost estates and a hole in the middle called the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/local/portlaoise_house_on_sale_for_10_000_1_3520927

Sinn Féin Town Cllr Caroline Dwane welcomed the house coming on the market, as she said it has attracted anti-social behaviour while it was unoccupied.

The house is absolutely derelict, There was water running inside it for a year, the inside is destroyed.

Great selling point, even for 10k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

xsiborg wrote: »
    it's always been known as the white city, even before portlaoise was awash with drugs when all the dubs moved down. now it's just like any other town in ireland, doughnutted by ghost estates and a hole in the middle called the town centre.

Dont blame portlaoise being a fkin kip on us dubs! They're need archaeologists to dig pretty deep to try find portlaoises' pre kip period.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Flaker

Haha! Had the misfortune to stay there one night. We went out to one of the pubs and I swear it was like that old Harp ad where all the Mexicans all turn round when the door opens! I was just waiting for some to say "we dont lika youra type around ere" in a gammy Mexcian accent. I bet they were all thinking it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

foxyboxer wrote: »
    The house is absolutely derelict, There was water running inside it for a year, the inside is destroyed

'complete with its own secret garden and babbling brook'

...reality is the thing should be flattened. You'd be much better off buying a domestic windmill for 10k. Oil could be at $200 a barrell in a few years.

*I just took a look at the house in the link.. you wouldn't even use it for cattle

• Advertisement

blaze1 wrote: »
    http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/local/portlaoise_house_on_sale_for_10_000_1_3520927

Sinn Féin Town Cllr Caroline Dwane welcomed the house coming on the market, as she said it has attracted anti-social behaviour while it was unoccupied.

Great selling point, even for 10k

Dwane you say? i was actually born and bred in portlaoise, gone from it about 15 years, but back when i was living there, Dwane's lived in caravans, its hardly sister of theirs i wonder, must look that up later!

Bambi wrote: »
    xsiborg wrote: »

Dont blame portlaoise being a fkin kip on us dubs! They're need archaeologists to dig pretty deep to try find portlaoises' pre kip period.

they could dig as far as australia and they wouldnt find portlaoises pre-kip period. the town for whatever unknown reason always had an air of depression about it, was always cold (and bear in mind this is an inland town!) and the only 'amenity' it had when i was growing up was stapo's arcade across from the church. and then even that closed down!

Advertisement