Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor 'no commitment' plan concern

Options
  • 15-02-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, has anyone one else signed up to the meteor €15.25 per month sim only plan?

I was just going to and thought I had read all the advertising and conditions but then I received an email from meteor to say I needed to pay a €50 deposit (before i can receive my sim) which will be returned to me after 7months. Now maybe I'm wrong but would this not suggest that if I dont commit for 7 months then I will lose my deposit? If this is the case, is it not misleading to state that the plan is only a 30 day contract if the customer will be penalised if they leave before a 7 month period?

As far as I can see this is not stated anywhere on the website.

I am currently awaiting a response from their customer service and am just interested to hear what anyone else thinks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

The 50 EUR is to cover your perceived credit risk as you are signing up for a bill pay package.

Not everybody is subject to the 50 EUR charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If you cancel before 7 months are up, the deposit will be used to pay your final bill and any remaining credit can be transferred back to your bank or onto your PayG number if you're still on Meteor. You will not lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Moliform

Thanks for your replies.

Makes sense that they want to make sure bills are paid. It was just the principle of the 7 month contract I had a problem with but if they pay it back even if I leave after a couple of months thats fair enough.

Cheers :)

Advertisement