Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap MPPT controller - yes or no?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

I set up a test bed with two identical batteries, modules but with different "MPPT" contollers. The system had datalogging to monitor current in, voltage in, current out and voltage out.

On the first test, one controller worked well, but the module voltage did not track the MPPT voltage exactly for the current. The other one exhibited no MPPT functionality at all. I complained to the manufacturer who then provided a different data sheet showing that MPPT functionality only worked up to a certain voltage. So I brought in two lower voltage panels to re-run the tests but just haven't got around to it.

I got busy on other projects, but if there is interest in this area, I will re-run the tests. Your post has given me a nudge.

You can PM me if you want info on the brand that did work, (and the one that didn't), but probably best I start that testing again with the various models I have in stock to test.

Advertisement