Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

codes for hotels cork city ?

Options
  • 15-02-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Anybody got any codes for cork city? am heading to the marquee and was looking for something close to the venue,stayed at the clarion before so something around that region if anyone has a code or knows of a good hotel nearby thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

I'm from Cork and to be honest I'm not aware of Hotel vouchers. But FYI whilst the Clarion is the nicest hotel in Cork it is also on the more expensive end of the spectrum. Jurys Inn ( which is partically beside the Clarion ) would be a lot cheaper but it is more in the cheap and cheerful category. Another cheaper option would be to book into a b&b, there are loads of them down Washington St. direction, near the college or indeed even in Blackrock itself depending on what you want to do. The Marquee is basically in the middle of Blackrock. Also as you probably know the Marquee has a huge carpark so you can always drive and stay wherever. The concerts are normally over by 10ish so plenty of time left after to get somewhere. Best of luck.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JADMIX

Hi thanks for the reply, the missus will not stay in a B&B. the prices seem to be up cos of the marquee, was looking at the montenotte? is that far too marquee would you know roughly how much in a taxi? thx

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

JADMIX wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the reply, the missus will not stay in a B&B. the prices seem to be up cos of the marquee, was looking at the montenotte? is that far too marquee would you know roughly how much in a taxi? thx

There are some lovely b&bs around the City but best keep her happy eh.:D Taxi for 2 to the Montenotte would be 10 euro I'm guessing.The Montenotte is at the top of a steep hill on the City edge, not the handiest spot to walk to from the City at all, if ye intend doing some shopping whatever.

Can I ask you do ye intend heading into the City after the Marquee. The concerts tend to end at circa 10ish so very early as such for a night out. If ye are, ye can walk into the City centre in about 15 minutes, there will be loads walking in and therefore you don't need any taxi if your staying City centre. The taxis can be tricky enough to get as you can imagine with circa 10k people coming out of the same entrance at the same time. If you want a taxi it's left as you come out and left again and they're normally lined up there.

To be honest if you're wondering which hotel to stay in, the hotel ranking on trip advisor is pretty much spot on....
    http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotels-g186600-Cork_County_Cork-Hotels.html
    happy hunting mate.:D

Advertisement