Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another person fails to turn up and my neighbour is a loon.

Options
  • 15-02-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Why does no one even show up to view my car? Ive had two people today ring up and say they'll be over. The last person was suposed to be here this time yesterday then cancelled. Today i even got a "im just driving over now" then canceled again. This also went on all last week with numerous other people.

Im fed up of waiting in for people that dont show or cancel at the very last minute. Not one person has been to see it and loads have called.

To make matters worst my neighbour is a fruitcake and believes she is more entitled to park on the footpath outside my house then me. I went to turn the car around and give it a bit of a drive before viewing and that b!tch next door ran out and moved her car from across the road opposite her house to out side my door. Now the my old car is blocking my new car in the driveway while her driveway is free! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Park it on her driveway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That looks like a decent car for the money. There are a lot of messers out there, when you're selling a car you do need to expect a bit of timewasting. Any chance you could explain to the neighbour that you're trying to sell your car and ask her to help you out as a favour?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

A) put "no timewasters" in the ad (this probably won't help)
    B) just ask your neighbour why she prefers to park there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

biko wrote: »
    IMO that's only going to start a row - appealing to her better nature has a much better chance of paying dividends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Maybe it's time to put her up on Donedeal?

• Advertisement

:oThe Carisma NOT the neighbour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Anan1 wrote: »
    That looks like a decent car for the money. There are a lot of messers out there, when you're selling a car you do need to expect a bit of timewasting. Any chance you could explain to the neighbour that you're trying to sell your car and ask her to help you out as a favour?

No way she's crazy the first week we moved into this house she came ringing the door bell saying to move my car and that she had been parking her car there for years and the last people that lived there only had one car. she use'd to yell at us if we were in the garden about what times we worked and which one of us would leave first in the morning. Then of course if she gets the space she blocks up the entire path and her drives free and husbands van wont be back for days.
    We had to call the gards once when the guy came to put in our tv. there was threats of keying and burning cars and various other verbal abuse. the sky man shocked.

Looked like a nice area when we moved.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

As far as I know neither of you two have any more right than the other to park on the footpath outside a house, regardless of the house its in front of. Sound like she fancies you.....sleep with her that should solve it :)

Maybe it's time to put her up on Donedeal?

Its up on donedeal and cars Ireland. Still getting the same carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Typewriter wrote: »

Now you know why the last people moved away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I went to turn the car around and give it a bit of a drive before viewing

Why would you need to warm the car up?

mike65 wrote: »
    Why would you need to warm the car up?

Read the ad. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Next person who rings, see if you can agree a time to meet. Say Saturday at 2.30. Tell them "please don't be late, as I've someone else due to view it at 3.15".

p.s. Seems like you turned down an offer above your current price on adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Its an Irish thing not showing up/not doing what you said you would/not showing up on time. See it everyday in business, you can't rely on anyone, especially those that don't owe you anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Little ball bearings in a pellet gun. About 3am open your window, take aim and let one off into the bonnet of her car.
    It will leave a nice big dent and the pellet will fly miles away. She'll never even know it was you. A few times a week and she wont park her there anymore.

A mate of mine did this to a boy racer who parked outside the apartment with no exhaust and woke everyone coming and going. Now he parks it down the road.

@ henry ford

yeah they rang me and failed to turn up :D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Little ball bearings in a pellet gun. About 3am open your window, take aim and let one off into the bonnet of her car.
    It will leave a nice big dent and the pellet will fly miles away. She'll never even know it was you. A few times a week and she wont park her there anymore.

A mate of mine did this to a boy racer who parked outside the apartment with no exhaust and woke everyone coming and going. Now he parks it down the road.

I think she might guess it was the OP an apartment block has many possible culprits......

Well im now going to have to rotate my cars as im off to the shops.:rolleyes:

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

@ henry ford

yeah they rang me and failed to turn up :D:o

Leave negative rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is it just on adverts,

Put it on donedeal at that price and Id say it will be gone in a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

No way she's crazy the first week we moved into this house she came ringing the door bell saying to move my car and that she had been parking her car there for years and the last people that lived there only had one car. she use'd to yell at us if we were in the garden about what times we worked and which one of us would leave first in the morning. Then of course if she gets the space she blocks up the entire path and her drives free and husbands van wont be back for days.
    We had to call the gards once when the guy came to put in our tv. there was threats of keying and burning cars and various other verbal abuse. the sky man shocked.

When you sell you're car, get a decent one and a banger, park the banger in the neighbours spot and leave it there indefinitely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I know Carzone is a bit pricey but I had my car up there. I also had it on DoneDeal and Adverts. Got no calls from either of the latter in a week. Bit the bullet, paid €50 and stuck it on Carzone as I had to shift the car in 2 days. Was leaving the country for good. Got a call the next morning at about 11:30 asking what my final price was then he said he'd be out in 30 minutes. Showed up with 3 friends/family and bought it after a wee spin. He haggled €100 off the price with me but I still made €500 profit after having the car for 2 years.

I got a few PM's on Adverts but none were serious. Obviously it was my own fault for pricing the car too high initially. I did however like my last reply.

Sold it just in the nick of time!

OP, you need to take a different tack with your ad.
    Change the price to something ridiculous like €1500, and then claim that you've spent two grand on it recently, so it's a steal.
    Use key phrases like "great example for age" and "future classic".
    Finally, as nobody has even come to see it, you can finish off with
    READVERTISED DUE TO TIMEWASTERS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Im suprised that car hasn't shifted. If I was on the look for one, I'd snap it up. Sure it was even in the bangernomics thread! Strange... But remember! Tomorrow is payday! So a lot more people might be interested. Have patience would be my suggestion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

If you can shift it over to Malta I'll take it :D

THIS! is the standard price of cars here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Seems like a decent enough car for someone looking for a cheap run around.
    If I was you I'd change the wording of the ad.
    Leave these bits out:
    Exhaust is a bit loud but it passed NCT (not boy racer sounding but noticeable).
    A problem started happening over winter. The cars revs sometimes drop all of a sudden (as if you went into too high a gear) for the first 3-5mins of driving if it has rained the night before. If you drop down gears it’s fine but annoying . This doesn’t always happen but sometimes it does. I haven’t got this checked out so I’m not sure what’s wrong. Could just be the battery or plugs.

Try to focus on the good points of the car and not the bad. If you can entice someone out to view the car by having a great ad, you can then go through all the points with them when they inevitably want to haggle.
    Getting them out to view the car is half the battle and once they're there you can work on getting them to buy it.
    Might be no harm to take new photos too. The wheels are covered in brake dust and it just doesn't look as nice as it could. Good photos are vital when selling a car. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 joebstarsurfer

that sounds like where i live move and sleep at night.

Sold the car Yesterday morning! :D:D:D

Didn't get as much as I wanted but at least they showed up :pac:
    that sounds like where i live move and sleep at night.

In the process of doing that right now. No matter how good my day is as soon as I turn the corner into where I live I'm reminded of that crazy cow and her antics. Puts me in a bad mood, not a good way to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

burn her house down, thatll teach her.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

biko wrote: »
    A) put "no timewasters" in the ad (this probably won't help)

Never helps, just puts off some people who might have been potential buyers.
    Timewasters don't know they are, just like loons never think that there's anything wrong with them upstairs.
    If I was looking for a car and I saw "no timewasters, dreamers, window lickers, private numbers, no cash no drive" and any of that claptrap in an ad I would automatically assume the seller has a bit of an attitude and I don't need that.
    Relevant info only in an ad, year, mileage, engine size, petrol or diesel, tax, NCT, extras and so on. Everything else is just tinsel and the only reaction is "Next!"

Advertisement