Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to study on Sundays

Options
  • 15-02-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭

DIT closed on Sundays. What's the alternative? Are DCU/Trinity open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Have you got a public library near by?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Mo14 wrote: »

Closed on Sundays like all libraries, no? Finglas library is definitely closed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jamesieboy

Mo14 wrote: »

Closed on Sundays like all libraries, no? Finglas library is definitely closed anyway.

Hey Guys,

Similarly looking for somewhere to study on Sundays. Would appreciate a steer...

Jim

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I don't suppose you happen to have a house/appartment??

Thats the only option I know anyway

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I don't suppose you happen to have a house/appartment??

Thats the only option I know anyway
    Yeah tbh I don't think any of the colleges in Dublin are open on Sundays, except coming up to exams.

Even if they were, you wouldn't be able to just stroll in.

If its nice out, why not try Stephens green or something similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

As far as I know, DIT students can get special dispensation to use TCD's library. I'm not 100% sure how it works though so ask the library staff in you're interested.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Voltwad wrote: »
    As far as I know, DIT students can get special dispensation to use TCD's library. I'm not 100% sure how it works though so ask the library staff in you're interested.
    Yeah we can, but as far as I know we can't take out books, just use them for reference. Pretty certain you wouldn't be able to use the IT facilities there either, unless you got eduRoam set up on your laptop and brought that with you.

Afaik, you need to get a letter from the DIT library staff, and this gets you in.

You can also do this in DCU and UCD aswell I think, so maybe DCU would be handier for you living in finglas.

Advertisement