Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smelly people

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I laughed at the blunt turn-of-phrase, but then immediately felt seriously queasy at the thought of this creature. Some people just need to cop on and have a wash.

there is nothing worse than the smell of an unwashed kipper. i worked with a girl in a dessert factory years ago that reeked of gee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Smelliest fcuker ever I sat beside on the train once he reeked and all the seats were full, after a few stops he wanted to plug in his phone into the socket (oh yeah he stepped out and let me in so I was trapped) and it didn't work, so he went over and sat beside a girl (seat now vacant) and plugged in his phone and stayed there!!!

The poor girl pulled he scarf around her face and nearly went puce!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

They seem to congregate at bookies and buses. So f*cking annoying and disrespectful too. I have a right to breathe as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

there is nothing worse than the smell of an unwashed kipper. i worked with a girl in a dessert factory years ago that reeked of gee

the girl beside me at Katy Perry could have washed hers too i reckon!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dudess wrote: »
    Was in a house-share years ago with a girl who reeked of ancient sweat, hair grease, ear-wax, bad breath and manky gee.

I laughed at the blunt turn-of-phrase, but then immediately felt seriously queasy at the thought of this creature. Some people just need to cop on and have a wash.
    When it's as bad as she was, it must be psychological I'd say. I mean, there's extreme laziness, but this went beyond even that. Funny, she had a pretty normal personality, and friends, and would have been attractive if she made an effort. I just can't understand why her friends or boss didn't appear to intervene. I get that it's very difficult but personally I'd be able to say it to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

I once knew a lad that wore the same clothes everyday and never washed them and judging by the smell, I'd say he showered about once every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

You could tell when she was on her period too, because there was a distinct smell of it on top of her usual odour.
    Flincher wrote: »
    My stomach turned reading that last line. Fcking hell.

There's a lad that sits up front in one class that I teach. Awful stink off him. I've started teaching from the far side at the top of the room. Nothing worse.
    Maybe he has the ability to sniff out a woman on heat :eek::eek:

Great to hear of a teacher that speak highly of their pupils :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Was in a house-share years ago with a girl who reeked of ancient sweat, hair grease, ear-wax, bad breath and manky gee.

When it's as bad as she was, it must be psychological I'd say. Funny, she had a pretty normal personality, and friends, and would have been attractive if she made an effort. I just can't understand why her friends or boss didn't appear to intervene. I get that it's very difficult but personally I'd be able to say it to a friend.

I worked with a girl that had lots of friends and was social but came in looking disheveled all the time. When she ate food it would be all over her face and she was growing a bit of Tom selleck as well. Couldn't understand it especially the moustache

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Yeah thats the thing there is usually a sad reason they smell bad, I can kind of guess if someone doesn't wash themselves for a long time (I'm not talking one or two days, some people get mad rage if they hear someone hasn't taken a daily shower~)
    or sometimes you smell urine off someone, but there was this one girl in school and I have no idea what the smell was sour cream, bad vagina, grease.. very tangy yet had a deep aroma to it, poor girl.

If I smell a bit of BO off someone it doesn't bother me but if it was someone I had to be around every day I'd have to say something only because the scary thing is if I did smell, I wouldn't know about it. I probably will need that soon, trying to give up using the spray deodorants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Smelly breath people are bad too. The ones who come over and stand over you in work.

Makes me wanna vomit.

Brush your teeth or suck on mints get your smelly breath out of my face.

I think we all went to school with someone who smelt of vinegar and weetabix your eyes would water beside them!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Great to hear of a teacher that speak highly of their pupils :rolleyes:

Eh, hold on there, I wasn't complaining or giving out about them- I was actually saying that sometimes they just don't understand that because they're getting older and going through hormonal changes, they'll need to wash more often. That's not their fault- but a grown adult should know better so there's no excuse for older people.

I know your name is sh1tstirrer but read a post properly before you start throwing out the roll eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

i can imagine snurdling that bicycle seat right now

snnnniiiiiiiiiifffffffffffffffff

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snedger :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Well, I don't smell and I can't accuse anyone else of doing likewise but I'd discourage it in others because if I did and ye did we'd soon realize how much we all stink.

So stop smelling people. It's odd. And stop smelling, people... cos from what I've read on here some if you must reek pretty bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I've decided to cut contact from a lad who I went for a few pints with occasionally because among other things he smelled. He was nice enough guy but a bit clingy and nerdy. But his hygiene has put me off and I don't need to be standing at a bar with him or meeting girls with him on a night out when he smells.

It's worrying if you don't have a basic level of hygiene :cool:

pair of tracksuited corkonians that joined me at the back of a coach one time stank pretty bad.. fresh sweat on polyester. were clearly nervous of reaching "The big smoke". "it's a big place innit bhoy" if yer trying to subtly take the piss then don't be the one taken for an idiot moreso?!

They were genuinely nervous though. They got off at tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

LH Pathe wrote: »
    pair of tracksuited corkonians that joined me at the back of a coach one time stank pretty bad.. fresh sweat on polyester. were clearly nervous of reaching "The big smoke". "it's a big place innit bhoy" if yer trying to subtly take the piss then don't be the one taken for an idiot moreso?!

They were genuinely nervous though. They got off at tallaght
    Stop smelling people. Its odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

I fucking hate people who smell bad.

not that much to ask, just have a shower and brush your teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

''I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly.'' :D

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Stop smelling people. Its odd.

It really was impossible not to smell those guys.

pragmatic1 would you agree one of the most commonly known odour deterrants a person can incorporate is actually to take up smoking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BeerDrinker

Clogsworth wrote: »
    A smelly man has just sat across from me on the bus...i've the guts of an hour left on my journey and there are no spare seats to move to. For feck sake why cant people wash themselves!

So has anyone any horror stories about some people lack of hygiene?

You think thats bad :)

This is etched in my memory for all time.
    September 2004. Me and several friends were on a Bus Eireann bus travelling back from Cavan to Dublin one afternoon. Good bit into the journey a drunken dirty looking old man gets on. Sits at the back of the bus and within 3 minutes proceeds to whip it out and take a slash on the bus. In front of everyone around him. Full view.

I shall always remember one aspect tho. One friend who was sitting near the back, proceeds to get up, walks to me and my friend, sits in the opposite seat and simple says "i've seen too many co*ks today" :pac:

I shall never, ever, forget that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

she had a boyfriend and could be heard shagging him, then just heading to work - no sound of a shower. And she cycled to work, to add to the stinkyness.

Wow, this brought back some horrible memories. I lived in halls for part of college and one of the girls down the corridor absolutely stank. She was filthy. Surprisingly, she got a boyfriend; unsurprisingly, he was a filthy fcuk too - in terms of both hygiene and character.

When a pi$$ed, middle-aged chancer asks a 20 year-old girl in an off-licence for her number - correct me if I'm wrong, ladies - the majority would tell him to fcuk off (especially if he stank of booze and weed, looked semi-homeless and had more gold teeth than real ones). Not her. 10 minutes later they were shagging in her room. 20 minutes later he'd left to "do a bit of business" and she's sitting at our kitchen table, fully clothed, with no intention of a shower. She walked around in those clothes (and possibly underwear too) for about 3 weeks after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

This thread has me in the knots!...I remember when I was in school about 5+ years ago and from 3rd to 6th year I had this geography teacher. My fave class was geography and she was a cracking teacher like...but the bang of B.O off her was unreal every week she'd wear the same 2 types of outfit. I had to think twice before asking her for help with Ordnance Survey Maps or stuff that was on exam papers or whatever. She'd lean over and help me, and I sit there holding my breath and nodding away until I understand what she means i'd be going blue in the face almost. Students in the school got carried away though and used the smell in the classroom from the teacher being in it as an excuse to not go into class (NO JOKE). It wasn't that bad but when she got near me I was tempted to pull my jumper up over my face!

Great thread but I can't stop thinking about all the stinky people I've ever met. Isn't it funny how vividly you can remember smells? :(

Years ago, I was on the DART with a friend, standing beside the doors. Although the carriage wasn't jammed, it was uncomfortably full and when a trio of semi-homeless heads got on you could see the dismay in people's faces. We were standing really close to these lads and after about 2 stops my friend mutters, "Fcuk this..." and - as discreetly as one can do on a busy train - moved to the opposite set of doors. This act provoked a chorus of, "You think you're fcuking better than us, do ya?" Fair play to my friend, who came back with, "Not better, just cleaner".

I thought that was a pretty good riposte :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I embarrasingly told a girl in my class to take a shower. We were a small class (7) and there was this one girl (emo/depressed) who looked clean but her White tunic was practically green, she wore the same socks all the time and the smell was outrageous and a running joke within our class.

This one day, there's only 5 of us in. Me, smelly, and 3 others. 1 of the others sprayed deo under her arms so much that it was coming out in puffs under her arms, I used to joke with her that she was smelly (we all knew it wasn't her that really smelled) and this one morning i say "wow tara. Look at the steam under your arms. You need to take a shower, Christine".

Oh my god. Foot in mouth. It was fully out before I realised it. Smelly (christine) was beside me, clearly heard me, and the 3 others are looking at each other in a state of disbelief. One thought she was hearing things one walked out to laugh and the other one sat looking at me horrified.

I felt so nasty

However despite me saying that (an telling the principal about it incase it was a bullying issue, I didn't mean it as a cruel remark --- the principal said "maybe she needs to hear it from you. It'll do no harm".) she still never washed. Both tutors and principal spoke to her to no avail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Does that have a smell? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

kowloon wrote: »

Yes it does.

Unfortunately you have to be exposed to a lot of it to realise this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

A girl I went to school with was pig dirty, she had the same bobbin for years and one day while in class I was sitting beside her and looked in her direction and seen something move, then this bin bug looking thing crawled across her head, I've never ever seen anything like it, like nits are small this was huge and brown, I was nearly sick, I couldn't leave class so I thought I'll swing on my chair to get further away, when I swung back I could see several around the bobbin, I tried to move back further and fell of my chair, went out on my face, but got kicked our for disturbing class, eventually the teacher cleaned them out of her hair, her parents couldn't care less, nothing changed, she's still the same.

Another thing that gets me every time is a guy I worked with, he wears heavy suites in the hottest weather, they are caked in dirt and all crusty, he has all scabs and warts on his hands and filthy nails, he looks tanned but when he washes (for xmas) he's a fair few shades lighter!

He's very nervous around women and stands behind you silently until you acknowledge him, which I tested, he stood behind me for 6mins!

But he does this thing that annoys me so much, if I'm having lunch at my desk, fairly big serving, I'd have a carton of milk to have after, and without fail, just as I take a gulp of milk he is behind me, it's unbelievably hard to swollow milk with a wretched smell!

It's hard to describe, but a full stomach and a mouthful of milk combined with a smell like rotting pickles, months old sweat, and like he washed in sewage, you could taste it, that's how mean the smell was!

Trying to swollow the milk to reply is impossible, 3 times I ended up in the bathroom trying to keep my lunch down after it.

I got to a point where I ate lunch in my car! I mentioned it to management but he never accepts he needs to wash. He's set in his ways and is a very intelligent man but has very little social skills

One of my work colleagues absolutely stinks. Some days are better than others but generally he champions an olfactory cocktail of farts, BO, halitosis and something else that's quite other-worldly (see here for a fuller, more vivid description of this colourful character).

Anyway, he started in our office about 2-3 weeks before Christmas and quickly it became apparent that he didn't believe in rotating his clothes. After the Christmas break he came back and we thought, "At least he's got a new jumper". Wrong - it was the same one (that he wears under his suit for maximum odour-generation). What had happened was that a smallish, greasy stain on its front had grown in size to cover most of his chest. Looking at it straight-on, it seemed like a darker variant of the garment. The best thing is, he's still wearing it!

I embarrasingly told a girl in my class to take a shower...Oh my god. Foot in mouth. It was fully out before I realised it...I felt so nasty

I really think that if someone smells so badly that other people actually talk about it, being told they stink wouldn't offend them. There's nothing subjective about it and if you really care you'd do something to remedy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

I admit it, I was a scruffy, stankin teenager :o

Couldn't be further from that now though, that my wife is a hygiene freak may also have something to do with it.
    Looking back I didn't really realize it, I'm not sure humans are even totally self-aware as teens.

Pretty sure I'm being made to pay for it now that I live in China.
    Let's just say that hygiene levels here range from "civilized" to eh..."tribal".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

I was working on a prawn trawler a few months ago and there was this guy onboard who I could actually smell over like 300 pounds of festering prawns , it was the strangest smell ever aswell it was like bleach and pickles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

People only think I smell bad because I look like somebody who should smell bad. Now that I think about it this is the perfect excuse to cease all manner of hygiene as nobody will notice.

It is recommended you fully immerse yourself in piping hot soapy water at least every 2nd day

then rinse.. Don't just rinse, shower heads. Cuz I know some of y'all be hypocritizing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Was in a house-share years ago with a girl who reeked of ancient sweat, hair grease, ear-wax, bad breath and manky gee. Once every few weeks she would shower. She washed clothes every few months. Never saw her wash bedclothes. Any movement from her would cause the gee whiff to enter the atmosphere. It was obvious when she was on the blob because of the stink - yet still no showers. She used to walk long distances regularly yet no shower afterwards. She would bring cups and plates into her room and never bring them back out to the kitchen. She smoked in her room too. The smell off her would make you recoil. It was as if she'd just given up the ghost and it was pretty pitiful.

I read about a similar person here before, only she had a boyfriend and could be heard shagging him, then just heading to work - no sound of a shower. And she cycled to work, to add to the stinkyness.

Yaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Clogsworth

Clogsworth wrote: »
    For feck sake why cant people wash themselves!

For all we know, he could be just thinking the same thing about you.

Well if he finds the smell of a freshly washed and perfumed body repulsive maybe he does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

kowloon wrote: »

Ah yes you can't beat the smell of manky gee in the morning.

I'm still laughing at manky gee description :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

i can imagine snurdling that bicycle seat right now

snnnniiiiiiiiiifffffffffffffffff

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snurdling

W
    T
    F
    ?
    !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

There are a couple of women who I think are a bit renowned in Bolton town centre. They usually just wander slowly around town. One appears to be quite a bit older than the other so I used to think they were mother and daughter, but they are sisters apparently. And they STINK to high heaven. I don't think they've ever seen a bar of soap or a bath in their lives. And you can tell by looking at them that they are dirty. They just look scruffy and unkempt. And if you walk past them at a distance even of ten feet you can smell a horrible putrid smell emanating from them. Once I was in a charity shop in the town centre and I noticed that the two women were there. And they stunk the place out. When they left the manageress sprayed air freshener about the place to get rid of the stink. Not only that, but they are both obese.

i feel so sorry for some of these people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Had the unfortunate experience of sharing an elevator with the head of PR last Friday. Thank god it was only for 1 floor, the guy reeked to high heavens of BO.

Another time hooked up with a girl, we used to work together. We were in a boozer and she was wearing a short sleeved top, she kept raising her arms over her head when yawning, she too had a severe BO problem. I was gagging for action at the time but I'm glad I declined the offer.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Had the unfortunate experience of sharing an elevator with the head of PR last Friday. Thank god it was only for 1 floor, the guy reeked to high heavens of BO.

Another time hooked up with a girl, we used to work together. We were in a boozer and she was wearing a short sleeved top, she kept raising her arms over her head when yawning, she too had a severe BO problem. I was gagging for action at the time but I'm glad I declined the offer.

Ghey! You should have manned up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

It's a sign of depression, i.e. you care so little about yourself you don't wash yourself.

Or it's a sign that you're just a filthy animal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Used to work with a lad and his feet were rotten. We were abroad on assignment and he was in the hotel room next to mine. The whole floor of the hotel stank from his feet, you could smell it as soon as you got out of the lift which was a good 20 meters from his room.

His girlfriend later moved into the spare room in my apartment, I was away for a weekend and came back to an almighty stench. Didn't know where it was coming from until a few days later I located a pair of his nasty socks in the hall closet thrown behind the boiler :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

jester77 wrote: »

His girlfriend

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

AeoNGriM wrote: »

snurdling is one of the many terms for sniffing a ladies bicycle seat. others include - qumfing, snedging, pringling, smorfing, snorking and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

my mother used to do digs with students ...she had one guy who'se feet stank so bad she had to ask him to leave after a few weeks.....the house was rank from the smell of his feet.

she even contacted his parents about it, in the end the guy has to go to a councillor for a bit due to his severe depression...... but if it wasn't for my mother speaking to his parent's he'd have never got the help he so obviously needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

With the water charges supposedly coming in this year we all better get used to being smelly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

lee3155 wrote: »
    With the water charges supposedly coming in this year we all better get used to being smelly ;)

that or cold showers........ collect rain in a barrel then pump it upto the water tank in the attic.

my grandad used to have loads of rain barrels to collect the rain water for his irons....... (my grandad was a tailor) he said the rain water was better for the steam irons cos it was soft water and it didnt clog up the steam irons with limescale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement