Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing rod question

Options
  • 15-02-2012 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I want to know whether there's a rod I could buy that would do for both beach casting and spinning.
    If there is then what precisely should I ask for at the store?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Have a look for a travel rod that comes in sections or you could use a telescopic one but they are not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Allround Predator

I want to know whether there's a rod I could buy that would do for both beach casting and spinning.
    If there is then what precisely should I ask for at the store?

Shimano vengence 9ft extra heavy spinning rod. I have one of these rods, it wont let you down! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cdublin

Allround is right.
    Any rod that is between 9 and 11 foot long and can cast decently weight of between 1/2 oz and 3oz should do the hob for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Greys BZE is a great rod for both, it won't handle the really heavy stuff but for light beachcasting in the surf, and spinning lures and feathers its perfect. Wouldn't use it on rough ground or for anything over 5oz...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phurryphace

Many thanks for those replies folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phurryphace

Many thanks for the replies.

Advertisement