Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Advertising??

Options
  • 15-02-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just embarked on my own website related to wheelchair taxis and I've had a couple of offers about advertising on the site. I'm really not sure what sort of prices I should be charging. Can anyone provide some advice on this?

I also was offered sponsorship of the site but again I'm afraid to over price or under price. I'm currently developing a Mobile application for the site and was thinking about getting sponsorship for the application. Would in the region of €1000 be too much to ask for sponsorship in this regard? In return, the company would get their logo on the homepage of the application, a bit like Gillette on the sky sport app.

Any guidance or advice would be great. You could also PM me if you want to keep things private.

Regards,

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

It's entirely dependent on your userbase. What kind of traffic are you looking at? What are the type of users? Basically, what is the likelihood that the advert will actually create any business for the company? They're not going to spend €1000 if they're only likely to make €50 out of traffic from your site

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What's your site traffic like at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

well the site launched about three weeks ago and there has been roughly 1600 visitors but this will definitely grow. Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about €1000 to advertise on the site, I'm thinking more €50 a month.

The thing about this site is the user is very specific i.e. wheelchair user which is such a niche market that I believe advertisers would be attracted to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

clusk007 wrote: »
    well the site launched about three weeks ago and there has been roughly 1600 visitors but this will definitely grow. Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about €1000 to advertise on the site, I'm thinking more €50 a month.

The thing about this site is the user is very specific i.e. wheelchair user which is such a niche market that I believe advertisers would be attracted to this.

If you can get that, take it. Based on your current traffic that works out at about €31 page rpm, which is extremely high, even if your traffic doubles or triples.

I'm getting about €1 page rpm from Google AdSense.

For a site aimed at the disabled though, it has to be said, your accessibility is pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

cormee wrote: »
    For a site aimed at the disabled though, it has to be said, your accessibility is pretty poor.

Yes I know, working on that at the moment. It's ironic all right!

• Advertisement
Advertisement