Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemon Tree restaurant in Drinagh Garden Centre

Options
  • 15-02-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Mate of mine tells me there is a little restaurant in Drinagh Garden Centre on the Rosslare road doing lunch specials (dinners) for €5.99, great value, said there is a blackboard on the roadside and last week they had a roast chicken dinner, bacon and cabbage and this week they have beef bourguignon. Don't know what it's like but for €5.99 ya can't go too wrong.

Anyone been there?

Any reports?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yes I've been. It is run by the guy who used to run Petits Plaisir in Rosslare a few years ago, so nice to see he has found somewhere else. Food is ok, cafe style fair and portions from what I've seen so don't be expecting a giant feed but perfectly good for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I've been there a couple of times... only for coffee and a muffin but the paninis look really nice.

However even though it actual cafe looks clean, I always think that the garden centre looks and feels grotty which puts me off the place.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Petits Plaisir in Rosslare.

Good god I miss that place :(

Will keep my eye out when I start going back down next month. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Yes I've been. It is run by the guy who used to run Petits Plaisir in Rosslare a few years ago, so nice to see he has found somewhere else. Food is ok, cafe style fair and portions from what I've seen so don't be expecting a giant feed but perfectly good for lunch.

Is that the French guy? Not the guy that took it over called it the same place? They now do Pizzas and the likes whereas the French guy used to make all his own cakes in the morning which were always almost gone by lunchtime and they were delicious.

Which one is it that's in the garden centre?
    I always think that the garden centre looks and feels grotty which puts me off the place.

As long as I've been going to Wexford that place has been like that, they could really make it a nice place (and particularly that Hennesseys is gone) but they never will, the place is always very unkempt looking.
    Good god I miss that place frown.gif

It was very very good, wondering if that's the guy in the Garden centre?? and if so, if he making those fantastic cakes !!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is that the French guy? Not the guy that took it over called it the same place? They now do Pizzas and the likes whereas the French guy used to make all his own cakes in the morning which were always almost gone by lunchtime and they were delicious.

Which one is it that's in the garden centre?

As long as I've been going to Wexford that place has been like that, they could really make it a nice place (and particularly that Hennesseys is gone) but they never will, the place is always very unkempt looking.

It was very very good, wondering if that's the guy in the Garden centre?? and if so, if he making those fantastic cakes !!?

It was actually the french guys partner (Irish girl) who made everything in Petit Plaisirs. He was out front doing at the counters etc. She is not working in garden centre.

Drinagh garden centre is a mess - badly stocked, bad layout, short staffed, plants all over the place and not well maintained....looks very shabby inside and out. That said, cafe is ok.

• Advertisement

Bazbu wrote: »
    It was actually the french guys partner (Irish girl) who made everything in Petit Plaisirs. He was out front doing at the counters etc. She is not working in garden centre.

Drinagh garden centre is a mess - badly stocked, bad layout, short staffed, plants all over the place and not well maintained....looks very shabby inside and out. That said, cafe is ok.

You imagine they'd redevelop that side of the business to get more punters in, then move on out of the garden centre altogether to their own place in town maybe.

Garden centre could be a gold mine with it's location but they never seem to give a toss about it. They seem to be forever spening money on it - building stuff, knocking it down, buying trains etc etc but it's seems to be unorganised chaos all the time, pity really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

You imagine they'd redevelop that side of the business to get more punters in, then move on out of the garden centre altogether to their own place in town maybe.

Garden centre could be a gold mine with it's location but they never seem to give a toss about it. They seem to be forever spening money on it - building stuff, knocking it down, buying trains etc etc but it's seems to be unorganised chaos all the time, pity really.

I think so too. The area is crying out for a good garden centre! Although I think it has gotten better (think some of the staff from hennessys are working there now). A couple of years ago, you'd go to the centre and half the plants would look dead. Now at last they look alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Guy in cafe is just an employee of garden centre.

Girl from Hennesseys is employed part time but its not enough. Shambles.

Bazbu wrote: »
    Guy in cafe is just an employee of garden centre.

Girl from Hennesseys is employed part time but its not enough. Shambles.

That girl is very knowledgable on plants. She deffo knows her stuff.

Advertisement