Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living on BTEA

Options
  • 15-02-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi all,

not sure if this has been covered but I couldnt find any threads. As the title says Im just wondering from mature students in 3rd level now, how they find it living on BTEA?, I mean for example if you are renting a room in a house share and its 80/90 a week, how do you find living the week on around 15 euro a day? Or is it a must to have to find much cheaper accommodation?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

My wife is on the BTEA and renting 30 mins drive from college. She has her rent, heating, elec, food, petrol, day trips for college. 1 advantage she has tho is that she is also working Min 2 days a week so the extra money is needed. If you had no bills as in loans or credit cards, mortgage etc you could live on it alright but you mortgage and loans plus the other stuff I mentioned it would be very tough if you didn't have any other income.

Advertisement