Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games - No Mouse!

Options
  • 15-02-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Anybody recommend some good games that don't really depend on using a mouse?

Use a laptop and have Call of Duty 4 on it but don't think it could handle much more than that and if I can't use my mouse I can't really play it! Don't really have room to use a mouse when I'm travelling or just sitting on the couch so it would be nice to have a game that I can play comfortably using the keyboard and trackpad.

I'm into all sorts of games so any suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

If you're into the older shooters, you could do worse than the Doom series. Yeah, the turning speed is horrendous compared to a mouse but that's the way it was played back in the day (for me anyways) and it adds a bit of horror to the game, knowing that if something is behind you it's going to have free reign until you can turn around.

The Binding of Isaac is a more recent indie game, requiring no mouse. Decent enough fun, if limited in scope. Cheap too, due to this.

I've never tried it myself but I've heard it's quite possible (and passable) to play a decent game of Civ (4 or 5) with just a keyboard. Might be worth giving a go, to see if that's true. Because Civ 4 is animal. An absolute time-sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

The Sims or Total War series are easy to play without a mouse.I do it all the time.With both you are able to pause if you get overrun with whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I always play minecraft on my laptop using the touchpad. I would say a lot fo strategy games,especially turn based should be fine. I am currently playing Fallout 2 without a mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Super Meat Boy would be a great one to get. Will definitely keep you going.

Otherwise I'd go for racing / sports titles.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You could just get a wired xbox 360 controller and plug that in. Probably even worse than the trackpad for strategy games but you could play shooters (single player) and most other types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Civ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I just re-bought the first 3 broken sword games, been playing the first one all day without a mouse.. great stuff. Only tenner for the 3 on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Chavways wrote: »
    The Sims or Total War series are easy to play without a mouse.I do it all the time.With both you are able to pause if you get overrun with whats going on.

ah Total War, how could I forget! Played that a few years ago (Rome) without a mouse and it's very playable if I remember correctly?

Good suggestions so far, have to give a few of them a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

any lucasarts game before < year 2000 (except for tie fighter/x wing series of course).

but if you haven't already played these then where the hell have you been?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Super meat boy and bit trip runner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Track Mania 2 is pretty good for crashing out on the couch and hammering away at the keyboard in frustration!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

In a similar vein to Super Meat Boy, there's Dustforce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

any lucasarts game before < year 2000 (except for tie fighter/x wing series of course).

but if you haven't already played these then where the hell have you been?

Only ever played one LucasArts game I think? Twas Grim Fandango and it was awesome!

Advertisement