Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin collection?

Options
  • 15-02-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

does anyone know of an alternative to using city bin co in galway city? i live in woodquay and leave out the white bags, but they are sometimes uncollected for up to 6 days and the rubbish ends up all over the street. i have rung them loads of times and am sick of it at this stage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bags from the city council is one alternative.

They're dearer than CB, and you need to go to City Hall to buy 'em, and it's a once-a-week collection only.

But we put them out 1/2 a bag at a time, which makes 'em last. (No way can two people fill a bag in only one week)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hmurray3

I feel your pain vanilli! My housemates and I have the same problem at the Spanish Arch. Worst part is, last week we were given a littering fine of 150 euro...apparently a bin bag with our bills in it ended up along the roadside. We're trying to contest but the city simply tells us that they don't care how it got there, it belongs to us :( Now we have to argue with CityBin about picking up more frequently and the possibility of leaving the bags inside a locked gate so as to prevent vandals. Sometimes living in the city centre isn't so glamorous!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

ive never lived in the city centre but surely there is set day every week for bin collection like there is in every estate in town. so a bin bag left for 6 days would mean you put it out a day late. The bin collectors can hardly drive down every street every day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ive never lived in the city centre but surely there is set day every week for bin collection like there is in every estate in town. so a bin bag left for 6 days would mean you put it out a day late. The bin collectors can hardly drive down every street every day
    I live in the city centre and can leave a bag any day of the week bar Sunday and it will be picked up by City Bin but i know for a fact that in other parts of the centre of town a bag can be left for 4,5 or 6 days and never gets collected. If there was a particular day for a particular street then thats fine but there isnt and they advertise daily(except Sunday) collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

...in other parts of the centre of town a bag can be left for 4,5 or 6 days and never gets collected. If there was a particular day for a particular street then thats fine but there isnt and they advertise daily(except Sunday) collection.

So it sounds like we need to work out what streets do get collected daily by City Bin.

I know that Lower Abbeygate St does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

JustMary wrote: »
    So it sounds like we need to work out what streets do get collected daily by City Bin.

I know that Lower Abbeygate St does.
    Augustine St and Middle St do. Mill Street to Presentation Road is hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭millivanilli

hmurray3 wrote: »
    I feel your pain vanilli! My housemates and I have the same problem at the Spanish Arch. Worst part is, last week we were given a littering fine of 150 euro...apparently a bin bag with our bills in it ended up along the roadside. We're trying to contest but the city simply tells us that they don't care how it got there, it belongs to us :( Now we have to argue with CityBin about picking up more frequently and the possibility of leaving the bags inside a locked gate so as to prevent vandals. Sometimes living in the city centre isn't so glamorous!

thats a balls why should you be responsible because city bin co can't do their job??! I emailed them and was told to leave the bag at the top of the road as apparently they only mainly collect from businesses and as there are no businesses on this road they don;t drive by every day. thats fine but i just wish they had told me that one of the many times i've called them over the last few months. of course if i knew that they only collected on a specific day i would leave the bag out that day but they kept telling me they collect every day HEADWRECK

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

where you getting your bags from ? would be from City bin are in shop ? are you a Commercial customer
    at work we used them for Commercial customer pick up 6 day aweek around 7am and again at 10 ish

the house i share , it done 1 day aweek

have found then to be one best bin companys in ireland and i from Spain where bin done in middle of night

think need two get in touch with Oisin and have chat with him
    <no numbers posted>

Advertisement