Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot Option?

Options
  • 15-02-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all
    Im wondering if any one knows some good software for choosing what system to boot.

Iv got two SSD, one with windows and another with ubuntu, and i want to pick what one to run on start up.

I was using a switch that would supply power to only one of the drives but it wasnt verry good and was wondering if any one knew of some software or otheir option

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hi all
    Im wondering if any one knows some good software for choosing what system to boot.

Iv got two SSD, one with windows and another with ubuntu, and i want to pick what one to run on start up.

I was using a switch that would supply power to only one of the drives but it wasnt verry good and was wondering if any one knew of some software or otheir option

What motherboard do you have? You should be able to set it to 'auto' where there is an option to select the first drive, so it should give you the option of which os to select?

If not there's EasyBCD, I'm sure there are similar freeware programs.

Advertisement