Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINALLY

Options
  • 16-02-2012 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

well it finally came,
    after 13 months and a bit of a touch and go moment :eek: last week i finally got my PR visa.

so a big thanks to everyone that gave me advice or help in getting me this far. iam sure i will be back on again annoying ye during the next step of my journey.

actually while iam on, is their any good sites for getting cheap/reasonable priced hotels/accomadation for a family of 5 for a week in or around sydney city centre.
    knew i would have to pester ye again:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

sponge_bob wrote: »
    well it finally came,
    after 13 months and a bit of a touch and go moment :eek: last week i finally got my PR visa.

so a big thanks to everyone that gave me advice or help in getting me this far. iam sure i will be back on again annoying ye during the next step of my journey.

actually while iam on, is their any good sites for getting cheap/reasonable priced hotels/accomadation for a family of 5 for a week in or around sydney city centre.
    congrats man! Can't help ya with any accomodation queries though being in adelaide..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Congrats!

For short term apartments try:
    Stayz.com.au
    Not1night.com.au
    rent-a-home.com.au

For hotels usual international sites like booking.com can have good deals, havent really used local hotel booking sites myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Another short term apartment website for Sydney is www.shortstays.net - they have around 10 apartments although I'm not sure if they have anything for 5 people. I rented a studio from them for the first few weeks after I arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Congrats man, try this site out http://www.airbnb.com/search

It's the dog bollox when it comes to short term accommodation!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

sponge_bob wrote: »
    well it finally came,

Congratulations...now the fun really begins :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Nice 1 Colm, less than 4wks left for myself until i land in Brisbane, when are you making the move?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

Nice 1 Colm, less than 4wks left for myself until i land in Brisbane, when are you making the move?

we are a bit up in the air at the moment, must be in australia by the end of june which isn't really suiting at the moment so it looks like a validation trip first. a bit of extra expense but if it has to be done it has to be done, that trip looks like the end of may/early june for a few weeks so 1 week in sydney and 12 days in perth is the plan for that atm.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I stayed at the Quality Cambridge Hotel in Haymarket for a few nights back in 2010 was not too expensive and was nice, modern clean and with a pool also. There is an Irish restaurant and pub just up the road and the metro and underground are not too far away either. You are practically in the City Centre and it was pretty good place to stay without breaking the bank.

http://www.choicehotels.com.au/en/quality-hotel-au168
    http://www.cambridgehotel.com.au/page_var124

Advertisement