Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from Heuston to Airport?

Options
  • 16-02-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering if someone can give me a rough idea how much a taxi from Heuston Station to Dublin Airport will cost me and roughly how long it will take leaving the station around 1 PM tomorrow? (Thursday)

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are usually plenty of taxis at the St. John's Road side of the station (at platforms 1/2).

Do not go via the M50 or Port Tunnel

Minimum
    Hire including first km €4.10 = €4.10
    Next 11.9km @ €1.03 per km = €12.26
    Total €16.36 + extra passengers, unsociable hours, etc.

Add for congestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you don't want to get a taxi, there's a "747" bus that goes from Heuston to the Airport every 15 minutes, so unless you're in a mad rush, or have loads of suitcases, maybe consider it? It'll probably take an hour for the journey.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got a taxi from Heuston to Charlestown in Finglas on sunday.
    Me and 3 other passengers.
    Fare was €21.

Allow maybe €10 for the continued journey to the airport?
    €31 give or take would be my best guestimate ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

There are companies who would do a fixed fare for ya
    ASAP up the road in Ballyfermot would do you a fixed fare for twenty two euro
    http://asaptaxiswestdublin.com/airport_set_fares.html

There are other fixed fare companies around

But then you have to wait ten to fifteen minutes for them to show and unless you're in a mad rush, may as well get the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

the_syco wrote: »
    If you don't want to get a taxi, there's a "747" bus that goes from Heuston to the Airport every 15 minutes, so unless you're in a mad rush, or have loads of suitcases, maybe consider it? It'll probably take an hour for the journey.

from the site they reckon it's an hour, it never felt that long i must admit. still if you're not in a particular hurry OP, it cost €6 the last time i got it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement