Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some interesting Guilty Gear news

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC/status/250120591221338112

24 October. 1200 MSP (XBL). Still no news on when it'll be upgraded to R.

It's out now, folks (on XBL at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

Sorry
    This offer is not valid in your region.

Ah c'mon Arcsys...
    Barry

It isn’t getting a global release. No idea if it will come to other regions later.

Google translate of a tweet from ARC “Now we have been delivered in Japan, the United States, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal. Delivery to other regions is not yet determined.” @Yamanaka_ARC for original Japanese tweet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lol arcsys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I'm enjoying it. Online is...as is arcsys way...Flawed horribly though. It'll never find you a good connection match unless you know the person is close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Aye netcodes getting worse by the day. Honestly it feels like they just copy pasted blazblues terrible netcode over where the game runs at it's usual speed but the button inputs take a century to register. thus combos and blocking becomes useless and most online fights become a game of mindless button mashing. Oh and zoners can run rampant and free since you can't block various things in time. i REALLY hope when the +Reload update comes around they'll have a netcode update also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I picked this up the other day. I just set up a Japanese account and ordered MS Points on Play-Asia.com that were emailed instantly. The game will then work on any accounts on that first XBox you downloaded it to, so it's not that much of an issue.

God damn is this game fun.

Last time I played GG was on the original XBox using a pad, but I never really played it beyond learning Chipp's specials. Now that I sort of know how to play fighters I can finally see why everyone gushes over this game.

Even outside of the gameplay being loads of fun, this title has a ridiculous amount of single player content. Fully voiced story modes, mission mode, truck loads of art to collect, etc. The only thing it's missing is a tutorial mode, but there's plenty of those online if you want to find them.

I can't vouch for the internet because my connection is total garbage and I've resigned myself to never playing online while in Japan :pac:

Also, the button layout is complete madness. Punch, Kick, Slash, Heavy Slash, Dust.

K - S - HS
    P - - - D

Stop, Arcsys. You're drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sairus wrote: »
    Also, the button layout is complete madness. Punch, Kick, Slash, Heavy Slash, Dust.

K - S - HS
    P - - - D

Stop, Arcsys. You're drunk.

The last Ultrachen TV episode of this season is about 3/4 hours of beginner and intermediate tips for this game (they went over the weird button layout first).

I didn't watch it all, but if you're looking for tutorials on the game, it's something, and it's recent.

They're expanding the regions the game is being released in on November 9th:

Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland (XBLA only)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    Ireland

Is this actually not out down south? That would explain that other thread about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is this actually not out down south? That would explain that other thread about it.

Yup, Arcsys doing that amazing pr work they've been so good at again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

That's so weird.

Never played this game, so looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

EDIT: Ah balls, i just seen that's for XBLA only. No word on a PS3 release?

Nascimento wrote: »
    Never played this game, so looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

The Guilty Gear series is what most of the Blazblue team made before Blazblue, although I think most people who've played both will agree that it makes Blazblue seem like a poor man's Guilty Gear.

Apart from the gameplay, there are a few other things the series is known for:

1. Loads of things in the game - characters, moves, you name it - are named after rock and heavy metal bands/songs/albums/personalities. Here are a few examples: http://www.jonnydigital.com/guilty-gear-references

2. Following on from the above: the excellent soundtrack.

3. The lead designer of the series, Daisuke Ishiwatari, also drew the artwork, wrote the music and provided the voice of Sol Badguy.

If you have about 45 minutes to spare, here are a couple of videos with some hype moments from the GG series:

Nascimento wrote: »
    EDIT: Ah balls, i just seen that's for XBLA only. No word on a PS3 release?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056801083

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

God damn you boards.ie....I want this game so bad now.

And still I wait....an ambiguous "November 2012" is the best confirmation I could find.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/12/17/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-r-update-coming-to-psn-and-xbla-in-spring-2013

+R confirmed for next spring.
    Game Version “+R” Added Content

• The “+R” title screen is adopted.
    • The option to switch between the “ACP” and the “AC+R” versions is added to the Help & Options menu.
    • It is possible to play all game modes in the “+R” version.
    • Kliff and Justice are playable in both Ranked and all Player Matches.
    • A “+R” only ranking board is added to the leaderboards. All previous leaderboards will remain available.
    • New Trophies and Achievements will be added.
    Usability Improvements

• When transitioning to the character select screen, the previously selected character and color page will be highlighted.
    • For all network matches, the conditions for the “Area” and “Connection Quality” settings are more strict.
    • For ranked matches, the matching speed is increased and matching with an appropriate opponent is improved. When using custom search, the searching will continue to retry until an opponent is found. *It is also possible to cancel during the search. At the match preparation screen after matching, an icon displaying your connection quality to the opponent is added. When a match is found, sound effect, voice and controller vibration notices have been added.
    • For player matches, multiple players can now enter the lobby. Rules can be set to “winner stays”, “loser stays”, or “random”. Within the lobby, voice chat is enabled. When not participating in a match, it is possible to spectate. When a new player joins the lobby, sound effect, voice, and controller vibration notices have been added.
    • With a new option for network matches, it’s possible to set a preference for 1P or 2P. If both players have the same preferred side, sides will be chosen at random.
    • In addition, based on user feedback, various other problems and issues within the game content will be fixed.

Yreval wrote: »
    Stuff about achievements
    As far as I recall you can only add achievements to DLC if that DLC is not free. I wonder how much this'll cost?

First in a series of GG character guides. Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

11_gg1.jpg

ArcSys hates Europe.

• Advertisement

+R is now available on XBL - http://shoryuken.com/2013/10/11/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-r-update-heading-to-xbox-360-in-japan-tomorrow/
    As of earlier this morning, the Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R update is now available on Xbox 360. Players will first need to download a small title update before grabbing the Version Up CATALOG #1 patch from the Xbox Live Marketplace. While the previous link leads to the North American server, the +R patch should be also be available in Japan. Players will then have to manually switch over to +R through the game’s settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

I've never played an arcsys/ "anime" game in my life until recently, and found all the mechanics pretty overwhelming. But this guy's videos have helped me a lot in learning how the game works and is played:

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaige/videos

Just leaving it here in case anyone else is trying out GGXXAC+R

Advertisement