Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Purity Bear Says No!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

"Teach kids about sex??

NO!!!!!! that's a sin. Teach them to just say no"

Hardcore Christians have a habit of not wanting to learn sh*t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Domo230 wrote: »

"I know she's cuddly
    I'm cuddly"

Did that bear just cock-block that chick and then bring home her fella for himself to "cuddle"?

What a d*ck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Pedo bear says yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I heard that sexual harassment panda made purity bear a sore and not so pure sad little bear. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I touched myself that day and I liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

So how many folks here observed this year's Day of Purity on February 14th?

I did. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

On a serious note, I wish crazy Christian conservatives (and their conservative Catholic fellow travelers) would stop with this abstinence-only crap. All it does is lead to more teen pregnancy and STDs.

OK - explain to me how abstinence leads to pregnancy and STDs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Liam Byrne wrote: »

On a serious note, I wish crazy Christian conservatives (and their conservative Catholic fellow travelers) would stop with this abstinence-only crap. All it does is lead to more teen pregnancy and STDs.

It doesn't actually manage to convince people to remain abstinent until marriage, but does convince them that condoms and birth control are ineffective. So they don't use them anywhere near as much as people who haven't been subjected to abstinence preaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Purity bear is WATCHING me?

Sick fúcker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Studies, mainly in the us, have shown that abstinence only education delays the age kids first try sex but when when they do they're much less likely to use protection. Per capita teenage pregnancies ate higher in these areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

the Catholic fellow travelers are a bunch of crazy left wing liberals, imo

It doesn't actually manage to convince people to remain abstinent until marriage, but does convince them that condoms and birth control are ineffective. So they don't use them anywhere near as much as people who haven't been subjected to abstinence preaching.

Then the issue is that they're picking and choosing bits; that's not the movement's fault.

And there's an irrefutable fact that abstinence avoids all STDs and pregnancy.

I'm not saying it's workable; just stating the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

So how many folks here observed this year's Day of Purity on February 14th?

Probably fewer than said they did. Bit like the priests who declared themselves to be celibate, but were riding our children at the same time.:)

Quite right. They are opposed to contraception and sex education, but don't get it that any teenager can succumb to temptation at any time. Not only do most of them deny evolution, they also seem to deny the existence of hormones.:rolleyes:

I must say, I wonder what Purity Bear is doing when he's watching me? Jacking off, I suppose, but is that abstinence? Didn't woody Allen say it was sex with someone you love?

Mind you, some of the spokespersons for these organisations are definitely practising abstinence themselves (most likely by default), because they are the very epitome of what never getting a good ride can do to a person.:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Then the issue is that they're picking and choosing bits; that's not the movement's fault.

Abstinence as an action, yes. Abstinence as a policy, no. We're talking about abstinence as a policy, which is demonstrably a worse option that teaching about safe sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Purity bear is a silly bear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Looking at the list of participating organisations, this initiative appears to draw little to no support from mainstream Christian groups or organisations. So nothing to be surprised or upset about really - although this is After Hours..

Anyway, Sexual Harrassment Panda is the only mascot for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Purity Bear makes me sad... :(

Also, I would ride the arse of yer wan in the video, yee-haw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

The problem though is, it isn't workable, and these kinds of groups received hundreds of millions of dollars to teach abstinence-only in schools. I think teaching kids how to be smart about sex is a better way to prevent unwanted pregnancies (and abortions) and prevent the spread of STDs than not education them about sex and just saying 'don't do it' - or better yet, deliberately spreading nonsense like at the end of one of these Purity Bear videos where it says that people who have sex before marriage are more likely to be depressed. This is all culture wars nonsense and has nothing to do with science, and it is the movement's fault that teen pregnancy and STD rates have increased in areas where it has taken hold of school sex ed programs.

You can state the fact that the only 100% way to prevent pregnancy or the risk of STDs is abstinence as part of a comprehensive sex ed program which also teaches kids about forms of birth control, myths about sex, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm all laughed out at Christians.

Let's find alternative fish-barrel targets for our repetitively smug collective ire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The Purity Bear loves anal.

Dirty, sexy bear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Ahahah, ah jeez.

If sex is so impure I definetely support them refraining from it permanently. The issue should resolve itself in a generation or two.

I mean can you imagine Mr and Mrs Purity getting it on. "I'm sorry jesus, for entering my wife's vagina, with apoligies I will now commence to thrust".

Muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That bear's just jealous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I dont know TBH. Abstinence didnt work for the wife of a carpenter in the middle east 2000 odd years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gingermagic

*BREAKING NEWS*
    Purithy bear and Panda bear are out of the closet they said they could not bear to lie any more so they have beared it all

Purity bear my ass.....using an animal to preach human fears....fecking nonsense!

I dont know TBH. Abstinence didnt work for the wife of a carpenter in the middle east 2000 odd years back.

10/10!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

So even mods devolve in to AH ad populum postings.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is that Bill Haverchuck in a bear suit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Silly old bear....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You got a real purity mouth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Manach wrote: »
    So even mods devolve in to AH ad populum postings.

Well, first off I'm not a mod of AH.

Secondly, abstinence-only policies make for demonstrably bad public health outcomes, as the study I cited makes clear. But the people who promote them aren't interested in public health, they are interested in a moral agenda. I'm Catholic, but I don't think church teachings should guide public health programs - science-based research should.

Thirdly, the videos they are making are a 12 out of 10 on the unintentional hilarity scale.

Need a cuddle? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Attabear

Silly old bear....

What?......Racist.

Need a cuddle? :D

(Checks with purity bear)

Sorry, no cuddles allowed.

Would you settle for a meaningful glance from inside the popemobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Attabear wrote: »
    (Checks with purity bear)

Sorry, no cuddles allowed.

Would you settle for a meaningful glance from inside the popemobile.

A Christian side-hug maybe?

A Christian side-hug maybe?

I think the logical progression of a policy of abstinence would lead to the whole crotch area being best described as an incendiary device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Purity bear is WATCHING me?

Sick fúcker.

If he's been watching me, he ain't that pure anymore:eek:

• Advertisement

If he's been watching me, he ain't that pure anymore:eek:

Picture it there now, purity bear standing over you.

Get a good mental image now.

Staring at you with those glassy eyes.

Then the sound of rough paw on smooth fur.

Then BOOM.....stuffing all over you!

If I had known it was Purity Day, I would've gone out and got laid just out of spite.

Advertisement