Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare Village - Malahide Road

Options
  • 16-02-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

Just wondering does anyone live here or know anyone here and whats it like?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Dovies wrote: »
    Hey folks

Just wondering does anyone live here or know anyone here and whats it like?

Thanks

No but you could have a read here. It's a couple of years old but...

http://www.neighbours.ie/forums/showthread.php/10870-Meeting-with-Albany-directors-Management-Co

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thanks for that - hopefully someone has a bit more updated info on here. RAS are filling it at the moment or will be shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kman123!

Yes, it's a very nice development, but like all places it has it's ups and downs. It is close to transport links and there is a large supermarket next door which is extremely handy.
    A very large complex such as Clare Village incur a lot of costs and sometimes that is very hard to control, which in turn keeps the management fees at a high level.
    I have been asking that they switch over to LED Lights throughout the development, as I have been advised that it is way more efficient than the standard cfl which still seems to dominate. Of course, there appears to be resistance to this from the management agent, but that apparently is par for the course. There is money to be made from maintenance and so there is no great hurry to adopt energy saving technology. We have lights on all the time, including in the car park, where lights are on 24/7. There is new dimmable motion sensor led lighting for car parks and this would be my choice for immediate upgrade. The annual electric bill for our complex is over 100k and upgrading to led lights would get this down significantly.
    It's a good place, close to everything. It has its share of messers and wasters, but there is no getting away from that nowadays.
    Still, stuff can be done about the costs, but at the moment its not happening. So, if you want a good management company that is going to adopt cost savings as a number one priority, this is something that you won't find at present. I'm working on it though as are others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SparkyBhoy1888

Hi

I agree with you on LED lights, my boss does apartments on a cost neutral basis, there's no payment up front, the cost is taken from the savings made on the electricity bills and then when paid off (after around 16 months) the savings go directly to the development ! Seems a no brainer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Micksy16

When you say messers and wasters, what exactly do you mean by that? Is it rough? I worked out that way and know the areas around it are rough but is the complex itself? And how much would the mgmt be annually? If you don't mind me asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Leozord

hi everyone, sorry for the bump but I'd like to know how's life over clare village nowadays?

I'm considering getting one apt in Doolin house, it seems good but I don't know anyone who lives around there

is it too noisy? too many messers etc?

thanks

Advertisement