Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures of dog run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Thanks for that.
    A) The wooden top on the inside is on hinges and can be lifted up for entry
    B) Steel not on yet but have it for the inside of door
    C) I will be able to divide the inside and outside into 2 seperate runs for when there is pups.

In the photo you might also see the gully trap for sweeping the s*** into. I built it as part of major extension to house and am just doing the finishing touches myself.

I did spot the gully trap. Clever.
    The drip fed barrell is spot on also
    Least maintenance & work the better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Well this is what i ended up doing. Thanks all,i got great ideas. Used builders panels and made up the front meself. Going to put 3 aqua drains on the left and run them into drain at side,was thinking maybe run them into sewage tank incase drain would smell up. Then if i washed down run with jas fluid that not good for tank,so not sure yet. Should be finished by monday painted and all.
    IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Just one thing to remember lads, dogs pis* and galvinised steel don't go together as the acid from the pis* will eat it through in a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr.Woodcock

Obviously not quite finished, but almost.
    most bits on the pen were stuff that was lying around the house, and the rest like the security fencing was gotten from recyling centers and scrap metal yards, all in for the ad ons cost 50 in total excluding the conrete area which is part of the orginal pen!

not bad job do:D!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Well lads, i still dont know what to do about this aqua drain. do any of ye have dog run piped into your sewage treatment tank?? would this be ok for the tank to work as it should? I have the drain right beside the run as i said but do ye think the drain would smell up after a while as theres not always water in the drain only when it rains heavy and it flows on down at the back of neighbors house then. The drain is open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭pheasntstalker

well.lads and lasses, i am at present in the middle of house renavations, as well as sorting out the yard for human and most important doggy use hence ive missed my favorite forum for awhile,have to do up the house to keep other half happy;);)so i can get on with most important work namely the yard so far ive put down 804 and rasied the wall(after the great escape ) thankfully i can report jess is not stuffed phew;) will post up pics on progess shortly budgeting between hse works and yard so progess on yard is slow:mad::mad: once hse is finshed it will be full steam ahead, saavge set ups here and im well impressed,

Finally finished the new house.
    Cost me 40 quid for cement & sand (bought a ton for few other jobs I've to do) all other materials I'd lying around the place.
    Finish the fencing next & bit of gravel under the decking & ready to move her in.

73e7ddd2.jpg

de6210f1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

Love it..does it have an ensuite fitted?

Optimum wrote: »
    Love it..does it have an ensuite fitted?

Yes with 1 of those new fangled auto pooper scoopers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Classy dog house and built to last. ;)
    That house has a tatched roof in it's future EP.:D

• Advertisement

ep, that is just pure class;) i,d nearly live in it myself sod the dogs lol:D:D oh when i win the euro millions, ill build a mansion for the dogs;)

Sounds Lads. It's funny when you start a thing how it develops. Started as a block house & snowballed. Had to add to the roof to give clearance for the stone etc Was gonna slate it but was too mean to buy em after paying for new fences. :o The thatch is a great idea - would look class but I know she'd pull it all off.
    The decking took about 45 mins with scrap stuff I've been using for mink traps.
    I can guarantee she will lie out on it & under it. Dogs love to bask & go in shade when hot. Simple things to keep em happy whiles I'm at work.

Ive gotten few new ideas for the next set up also. Looking forward to that build. Great satisfaction in doing something yourself also.

well sod it you,ve blown my mad ideas out of the water by a mile:eek::D:D ah jaysus fair play too you ep,that just tops the lot:cool::D,well it proves one thing if i was to be buying a pup off you and that would be one of the selling points to me for sure sign of a man that looks after an minds and cares for his dogs, fair play to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

what way have you the inside, have you a bench for her to lie up on

jap gt wrote: »
    what way have you the inside, have you a bench for her to lie up on

Timber floor raised to 1 side with a threshold to keep in any bedding
    Not massive but the dog can walk in & turn around so perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Great job well done:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

Timber floor raised to 1 side with a threshold to keep in any bedding
    Not massive but the dog can walk in & turn around so perfect.

yea i built my dog house similar (not the stone work etc) but smaller is better to keep the dog warm, so i was told anyway, must build a second now for the new arrival

serious job you have there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

de6210f1.jpg

Great job E.P! I built one very very similar to that one and the little feckers ate the felt from the roof in a couple of weeks. I ended up sheeting it with galvanised sheets of iron. I hope yours are not part beaver like mine!! :D

Mallards

They 2 dogs chewed their boxes alright before but just the corners.
    So far she hasn't.
    Hoping she goes for the decking if she does.
    I'll stretch for the slates if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

love this thread, i got 10 sheets of them (light)builders fencing for 100euro, 2 or 3 of them a bit dogy but im handy wih the welder, collecting the 10 wk old lab pup 2moro, but hell live in the house with me for 2 weeks, then im forwarding him to live with my pal for next 3-4 months to train him up, ill have the pen up long before then, just wish this incessant rain would feck off so i could start on it... i have a back garden about 3/4 acre... but at a fierce gradient.. more of a hill... so ill have to do a bit of levelling before i get anyehere on it. Anyways ill post pics up here when im at it and its done.... great inspirations and ideas here lads, fair play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

EP can you remove the roof for easy access to clean etc.its a focal point in your property now i expect.great job.

transit260 wrote: »
    EP can you remove the roof for easy access to clean etc.its a focal point in your property now i expect.great job.

No i had the roof on when that dawned on me. I've enough room to get in & scrap out any bedding if needed but I should have done it. As i said it kinda snowballed as opposed to being properly planned which is especially studid considering I did do it on the previous wooden boxes!! :o

On the next one i'll put a lintel over one gable side & build a box iron frame door that I can open the whole side. Much better & handy for pups etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

EP
    That's a serious bit of construction. It's the Hilton for dogs.
    Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭cubbyleader

How big of a run would I need for five dogs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I'm afraid that question is a bit "how long is a piece of string"ish.
    What kind of dogs ?
    Will they be in there 24/7 (excepting walking periods etc)?
    Are they very young or old ?

For 5 dogs(setter or springer size) I would suggest minimum 10m X 3m but that would assume that they are also getting a good run out/walk every day.

Vizzy wrote: »

I'm afraid that question is a bit "how long is a piece of string"ish.
    What kind of dogs ?
    Will they be in there 24/7 (excepting walking periods etc)?
    Are they very young or old ?

For 5 dogs(setter or springer size) I would suggest minimum 10m X 3m but that would assume that they are also getting a good run out/walk every day.

3 springers
    1 pointer
    1 setter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Vizzy

cubbyleader,
    there is a picture of my one on page 1 of this thread(post 14) and that will give you an idea.(It's about 6m x 3m I think)
    I have a Vizsla and a Golden Retriever and they have loads of room.

Vizzy wrote: »
    cubbyleader,
    there is a picture of my one on page 1 of this thread(post 14) and that will give you an idea.(It's about 6m x 3m I think)
    I have a Vizsla and a Golden Retriever and they have loads of room.
    Thanks for the input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Here is mine its still a work in progress I have to Lay a lot of Bark chippings and build another dog house when we get a few days of good weather for when the Springer pup goes out into it I'll post up some better pictures in a day or 2
    211635.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭xchrisshana

thats some job fair play

Advertisement