Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures of dog run

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

The dog run still have to cement on the ridgetiles 4 years later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

oats 2 wrote: »
    DSC01872.JPG
    DSC01866.JPG

sorry new to uploading photos.a real struggle

Savage looking job lad FairPlay hope you put a window down the back for the view.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

The dog run still have to cement on the ridgetiles 4 years later

If you we're to get up on that roof you would have to replace the tiles...ya big hape!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭silverfox1

ronboy wrote: »

If you we're to get up on that roof you would have to replace the tiles...ya big hape!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭stoeger2000

some savage looking runs there lads, very impressive. any advice to give someone that may be just renting a house with a garden. dont want to put in something too permanent, or costly. also, whats yer thoughts on security? a few of the runs on here would be very easily entered by the wrong type. but i suppose, if they want to get in they will.
    any advice appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭fiestaman

fiestaman wrote: »
    Well this is what i ended up doing. Thanks all,i got great ideas. Used builders panels and made up the front meself. Going to put 3 aqua drains on the left and run them into drain at side,was thinking maybe run them into sewage tank incase drain would smell up. Then if i washed down run with jas fluid that not good for tank,so not sure yet. Should be finished by monday painted and all.
    IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

Started an upgrade on the kennel today,oil tank is gone to the back in a 3'6" x 10 space,then that wall is the back wall of the kennel. Kennel is 3 feet inside and run will be 8 feet off that. Il have 2 kennels + runs both 5feet wide. Whole lot will be roofed from front to back. Il post up when finished.

IMAG0736.jpg

IMAG0737.jpg

IMAG0738.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

That looks like the job now alright. What are you doing for the doors.

That looks like the job now alright. What are you doing for the doors.

Going to make the doors from 1" box iron and sheet it with galvinise, leave pop hole at bottom with a flap of some sort hopefully. Will be using my old front cut down to size and make a new one the same for the other run. Il also make a raised bed for inside the kennel that can be slid in or out for cleaning. Shore channels to go in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭cubbyleader

Going to make the doors from 1" box iron and sheet it with galvinise, leave pop hole at bottom with a flap of some sort hopefully. Will be using my old front cut down to size and make a new one the same for the other run. Il also make a raised bed for inside the kennel that can be slid in or out for cleaning. Shore channels to go in too.
    If I was you I wouldn't put the flap in unless you have a way of closing something over it we put one in when we last done the kennel and I found it a nuisance when cleaning the run as I had to keep closing the gate behind me incase the dogs got out well that's because we have a couple of unobedient dogs I suppose it'd be alright if you have manners on em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

heres my kennells being done a few months back,4 on one side,3 on the other.terriers and lurchers.Eco drains and sink,runing water and electrick points.
    IMG_3592.jpg
    galvanised kennell fronts.
    IMG_3595.jpg
    and heres the guardian of the lot
    IMG_4797.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

001.jpg
    poor picture of it almost finished

Started an upgrade on the kennel today,oil tank is gone to the back in a 3'6" x 10 space,then that wall is the back wall of the kennel. Kennel is 3 feet inside and run will be 8 feet off that. Il have 2 kennels + runs both 5feet wide. Whole lot will be roofed from front to back. Il post up when finished.

IMAG0736.jpg

IMAG0737.jpg

IMAG0738.jpg

Updated pics

IMAG0744.jpg
    IMAG0743.jpg

IMAG0742.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭fitzy_fitzy

Here are some pictures of my kennels which i recently upgraded.
    Have 3 kennels in shed with access too old and new run.
    I have 2 other runs with 2 insulated kennels.
    Cheers for any advice given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭fitzy_fitzy

some more pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Pat McGroin

My Lads pad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

both pens have taps now mounted to the walls , put drains through the entire length of both pens into the mains , building dogs houses out of blocks in the corner also with raised floor ,also painting foors of funs with apoxy paint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ah sure !

Bringing this post up.
    Are builders fencing panels be strong enough to use for a kennel run ? i see in this thread that many of you are using them . Went to check some today and find them very light , meaning a dog would have no problem going through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

ah sure ! wrote: »
    Bringing this post up.
    Are builders fencing panels be strong enough to use for a kennel run ? i see in this thread that many of you are using them . Went to check some today and find them very light , meaning a dog would have no problem going through.

should be ok! I have 2 German Shepherds in with my springer at home! and they hold them no bother! and my male is a big lad too!!

i found the ones with the bar down the middle much stronger so used them!

ah sure ! wrote: »
    Bringing this post up.

Put some 2"x2" weld mesh at the bottom, they come in 8x4 sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Put some 2"x2" weld mesh at the bottom, they come in 8x4 sheet.
    +1 to this.
    or chain link fencing.
    also if you erect them so that if the dog pushes against it, they are pushing against the wire rather than just the weld(if you understand :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 selenarichard

Anybody interested in posting a few pics of there runs. building one soon and just wanted a few ideas without spending big bucks. i have a concreted area of 15 x 10. theres an oil thank in this space too so 7 x3 is taking out on one side.

p-2512-dog_run_03_copy__20587.1424361610.1000.1000.jpg

Source: Dog runs Ireland

Advertisement