Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Battery Life Phone?

• 16-02-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Im planning a long trip (at least 4 months). I have a Galaxy S2 which I plan to use for day to day things but I also want to take a phone with me with the longest possible battery stand bye time as parts of this trip may be outdoors for 2 weeks+ at a time so I can always be in contact/emergencies ect.

I dont care about features at all as long as it calls and sends texts. I was looking at some phones from philips Xenium series which offer 1200-1400 hours standbye. Does anyone know if this is reliable? how long could I expect out of these and is there any better?

I dont mind splashing at a fair bit to get with a good battery life!

Any help welcome!
    thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

In another thread someone was recommending Samsung GT-E2370
    BATTERY Standard battery, Li-Ion 2000 mAh
    Stand-by Up to 1600 h
    Talk time Up to 22 h

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76753419 (posts 15/16)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Dont even know if you can get them over 'here' but the Motorola Razr Maxx with its 3300-mAh battery would be hard to top!!... now if we only knew where you could get one.

Info:
    http://www.motorolamobilenews.co.uk/motorola-razr-maxx-overview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You may want to consider getting a wind-up charger for the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

god's toy wrote: »
    Dont even know if you can get them over 'here' but the Motorola Razr Maxx with its 3300-mAh battery would be hard to top!!... now if we only knew where you could get one.

Info:
    http://www.motorolamobilenews.co.uk/motorola-razr-maxx-overview

Says there that it doesnt support GSM. That'll cause you a heap of trouble here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

you need a black and white phone anyways.
    have a look at the old smart phones from the early 2000s
    pick 1 up on ebay

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I have one of the Nokia 1000 series phones from a about two years ago, its tiny and is great for texting/calls and the battery life is PHENOMENAL! I could get up to 10 days on a single charge. I have a galaxyS2 myself and have no use for the phone, its locked to meteor but if its any good to you you can have it, p.m. me if you want it. If not the 1000 series of Nokia's are definitely the way forward for basic functionality/durability/battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

buy a cheap phone that will last for at least a week usually a Nokia and just buy a few extra battery's off ebay and have them charged ready to swap in
    or a battery charger that uses AA batteries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I used to have a Nokia N958GB, went to Greece for 2 weeks last year, took that with me (had my uk sim in it, for family to contact me in emergencies), along with my htc (irish sim).

N95 was fully charged when i got to the hotel, i stuck it in teh safe, and kept it on, made maybe 10 texts over the 2 weeks and it still had a small bit of battery life in when i left.

I loved that phone, should never have got rid of it :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Get a 2G phone that powers from USB and a cheap USB battery powered charger. Any 2G or old phone on standby lasts for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

The samsung cobble is cheap as chips and battery lasts me over two weeks. Buy two just to be sure:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

According to GSM arena Cobble Stand-by Up to 740 h, 30 days. One of the kids as one, doesn't use it much but it does last forever. I really like it though. Doesn't have a USB port for charging though. The Samsung Chat 222 is slightly cheaper, sim free, and has standard 3.5, USB, MicroSD. Oh and dual sims if thats of interest. But Stand-by Up to 550 h only 22 days. 3 network sim may not work in some 2G phones though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Nokia E5 has a great battery life, I generally only have to charge it once a week and thats with loads of use

Advertisement