Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thats class, good to see differences with the people you save. Damn, sounds like Doug would come in handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Wow that's a bit of a difference alright. My group spoke to them from the other side of the fence, with a bit of a distance between us, but it was all very civil.

Actually here's another point towards the end of the story:
    In the fight against Andy (or whoever the 2nd brother you fight is), he had his gun pointed at Lee. Lee was only able to knock the gun out of his hand because Doug shined a laser pen in Andy's eyes allowing Lee the opportunity to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wow that's a bit of a difference alright. My group spoke to them from the other side of the fence, with a bit of a distance between us, but it was all very civil.

Actually here's another point towards the end of the story:
    In the fight against Andy (or whoever the 2nd brother you fight is), he had his gun pointed at Lee. Lee was only able to knock the gun out of his hand because Doug shined a laser pen in Andy's eyes allowing Lee the opportunity to fight.

If you went the other way:
    Carly shot half of Andy's ear off!

Did Carley stay on the farm?
    When the whole group first arrived at the Farm, Doug and Ben went back to the Motor Inn to keep an eye on things and only re-surfaced when Lee and Kenny broke out of the Barn. I'd say that's probably the case for you guys as well?

Also was anyone able to stop Clementine from eating the food?
    I got down to her as quickly as possible but on top of the screen it just registered me as "you tried to stop Clementine from eating the meat."

Did Carley stay on the farm?
    When the whole group first arrived at the Farm, Doug and Ben went back to the Motor Inn to keep an eye on things and only re-surfaced when Lee and Kenny broke out of the Barn. I'd say that's probably the case for you guys as well?

Also was anyone able to stop Clementine from eating the food?
    I got down to her as quickly as possible but on top of the screen it just registered me as "you tried to stop Clementine from eating the meat."

1 - Yeah same pattern.
    2 - I think that counts.
    When I've done it, she was about to put some in her mouth, and just put it down after I stopped her

• Advertisement

I play with all the notifications off so I can't see how my actions are affecting people.

As for the Clem eating food..

I picked the option to shout 'Don't it it Clem!' and she didn't but other
    people ate theirs.

If you picked 'don't it the food' generally to everyone, does she end up
    eating some?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I play with all the notifications off so I can't see how my actions are affecting people.

As for the Clem eating food..

I picked the option to shout 'Don't it it Clem!' and she didn't but other
    people ate theirs.

If you picked 'don't it the food' generally to everyone, does she end up
    eating some?
    I think I shouted for Clem as well but went straight to the "You're eating Mark" option. Everyone still ate some, I got the impression everyone was going to eat one way or the other

I still have to go back and re-do the after dinner scene but I might leave that Clem mistake in there, just because I didn't reallt get there in time and so the failure should remain.

Lee gives Carley a nice little dig at the end about batteries :)

Also, Kennys comment about 'Lee being...Urban' is really showing his redneck side. Telltale are definitely setting him up to be the bad guy but I have a feeling we are gonna get a tough choice about saving him at some point.

Also, Kennys comment about 'Lee being...Urban' is really showing his redneck side. Telltale are definitely setting him up to be the bad guy but I have a feeling we are gonna get a tough choice about saving him at some point.

Yeah they really pushing for you not to like Kenny. I can't see any option to make a tough choice about Kenny. At this chance I'd take the chance to kill him off with gusto so I can focus on the other members of the group without the need to pacify him all the time.

Reminds of
    the time when you are distributing the food. My plan was to give Kenny the food so that he could sort out his family and take some of the burden off my shoulders but he just sat there in a sulk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

it wont be a tough choice, it will be a case of "oh my god, you killed kenny"

Oh believe me, I'll have no problem throwing Kenny to the Z's but I have a feeling telltale will throw in a twist, and rightly so. If there were easy decisions, everyone would be picking the same.

It's great to read here how people are picking different options and then reading how they're story is different to mine. Really looking forward to Episode 3 where it looks like my only problem is being too full to run away from the roamers!

Yeah so Kenny is unpopular and people will be happy to see him die... but could you let him die if it means his family have to die with him?

Let's say the three of them are in the RV and it gets swamped by walkers; would you go back to save them all or use the distraction to make a run with the rest of the group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Yeah so Kenny is unpopular and people will be happy to see him die... but could you let him die if it means his family have to die with him?

Let's say the three of them are in the RV and it gets swamped by walkers; would you go back to save them all or use the distraction to make a run with the rest of the group?

I hate Duck too so i'm happy with that result.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

If it's a case to save all or let all die, I'll save them.
    But if it's the case where it's them 3 , or 3 others in my group ....well at least Kenny and his family will be together in Hell :P

His wife is a minor character, I have no emotional attachment to her.
    Duck brings nothing to the table,
    And Kenny talks the big one, but failed me twice...he gotta go !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Oh that would be fine by me. Duck annoys me and the wife is much of muchness, slightly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

To the people saying they'd let Kenny's family die... Katjaa is a vet. Having someone with medical knowledge is only a benefit to the group.

Kenny is walker fodder as far as I'm concerned. I really tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's shown his incompetence and prejudice one too many times now.

Agree with the many others who have pointed out how nice it is to see all the differences in our games. I'm playing through without replaying anything, because my decisions (and mistakes - Clem @ dinner) should stand. Once all 5 episodes are done, I'll replay the whole lot and make some alternative choices... I can think of a few big ones already!

Very true. I can see Clem being hurt at some point and Katjaa will come in handy. I wonder if Telltale have the balls to kill off Clem if you haven't been taking care of her?

I'm doing the same as above, just playing through it once and keeping my mistakes. Who knows how your decisions will play out down the road. When all episodes are out, I'll go back and play the whole thing trying to make opposite decisions.

I hate Duck, he annoys the **** out of me... but while Lee is off saving the group he does keep Clem entertained...

I agree about not going back to make changes however my game got stuck at one point and I had to quit out and redo a certain section a different way just to proceed. This I have no problem going back to amend but other, natural, mistakes I won't be changing.
    Very true. I can see Clem being hurt at some point and Katjaa will come in handy. I wonder if Telltale have the balls to kill off Clem if you haven't been taking care of her?

That would be very interesting, especially if they did it as early as episode 3 so you would have to live with the consequences, well for at least the next two episodes.

I've been using all three save slots to play through making 3 different sets of decisions, finding it pretty interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Trying to decide whether to get this for PC or PS3. Which platform do you guys reckon is better for it?

If it's mainly point and click I'm thinking PC, but then there does seem to be some action sequences in it too which would be better suited for PS3.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Trying to decide whether to get this for PC or PS3. Which platform do you guys reckon is better for it?

If it's mainly point and click I'm thinking PC, but then there does seem to be some action sequences in it too which would be better suited for PS3.

PC, the action sequences are point and click as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That was fun. Just hope the wait for Ep3 isn't too long.
    Chopped the leg off - Yes. Didn't want to but didn't see any other option.
    Shot Jolene - No
    Helped Kill Larry - No
    Killed both brothers - Yes. Didn't want to leave them alive knowing they would most likely come seek revenge.
    Stole the food - Yes. Sure it was against Clem's wishes, but she's just a kid. Let the adults make those decisions

Glad
    Larry is gone, so not too pissed off with Kenny even though I didn't help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Hey Guys

I am trying to buy the season pass on the PSN but it is not accepting my card.

Is it only credit card they accept?

I am using a debit mastercard.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Orim wrote: »
    PC, the action sequences are point and click as well.

Nice one.

The Steam Sale gets me again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'm playing through without replaying anything, because my decisions (and mistakes - Clem @ dinner) should stand.

I'm doing the same.

A friend of mine calls round to play it too, and I just watch him play, offering no advice, and its interesting to see how different 2 people can play it.

He is only half way through ep 2 now, so next visit should be good craic, when he has to face the
    Mark Dinner thing, Help Larry, Kill or leave the brothers

Mr Freeze wrote: »

He is only half way through ep 2 now, so next visit should be good craic, when he has to face the
    Mark Dinner thing, Help Larry, Kill or leave the brothers

It was absolutely brilliant when you heard the thud at the
    stairs and everyone is looking out into the hall. You knew what was coming but
    still shocked as f*ck to see Mark crawling in haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just playing episode 1 at the moment, really enjoying it. At the part where
    I took refuge on the farm overnight but the son was eaten while building a fence.
    Haven't really gotten the full scope of it yet but hope the choices you make do mean something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Just finished Episode 2 there last night. A massive step up in suspense and choices compared to the Episode 1. There was a string of tough choices one after the other, really good. I also like, having completed it, the fact that you understand a lot of the characters motivations as the story progresses.

I made a couple of choices that I wasn't happy with but I'm not going to go back and will play through with the original choices I've made. Great game and hoping that Episode 3 doesn't take so long to come out.

Advertisement