Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Orim wrote: »
    Just picked it up on Xbox. Now to wait until I get home.

Anyone started playing yet? Is it keeping the high standard?

It's very good, can't say much more without spoilers, played it right through without stopping, couldn't put it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

out on playstation yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

out on playstation yet?

No, but the store hasn't updated with this weeks stuff yet.
    Should be updated in the next hour or so. Having said that there has been no announcement about it being there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd say we won't see it on Euro PSN until next Wednesday, may the Wednesday after that but then I'm just a pessimistic peter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I keep forgetting I have this on the US psn that's my evening sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

is there an option to register on the us psn? nuisance we'l have to wait til next wed at least:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Once again EU PS3 users get f*cked in the ass.. Im still waiting on Counter Strike and now once again we have to wait another week for this?

is there an option to register on the us psn? nuisance we'l have to wait til next wed at least:(

There is, but there may be an issue with your saves not being compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Still no sign of it on PC yet. ¬_¬

Still no sign of it on PC yet. ¬_¬

Is it not tomorrow for PC and Xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is it not tomorrow for PC and Xbox?
    Nope, today:
    The episode will also be available on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday, August 29th for 400 MS Points as DLC within the original The Walking Dead XBLA release, and also on PC/MAC as part of a Season Pass on the Telltale Games Store, as well as through our partners on Steam, Origin, Amazon PC Downloads, GameStop, and GameFly.

Nope, today:

Ahh I was reading an article from yesterday:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Just finished this. Great stuff,
    things got pretty dark! Was sorry to see Carley go. Telltale were clever to hint at romance between her and Lee, just to heighten the impact of her death

In terms of choices, I
    shot the girl, didn't abandon Lilly, fought Kenny (by accident), shot Duck and helped Omid

Based on the ending,
    I kinda expect that the guy on the radio is lying to Clem, we'll see though
    !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That's an hour or 3 of tomorrow nights entertainment sorted so! The first was good then it really picked up in episode 2. Is episode 3 about the same length as the other 2 episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So far it carries on being awesome but only played it for a half hour gonna rip into tomorow evening after work

Telletale facebook Update: For everyone anxiously awaiting the release of The Walking Dead Episode 3 for PC and MAC we will be live by 6pm PST today through the TTG Store, Steam, Origin and our other digital partners. We appreciate your support of The Walking Dead and we are excited for you to experience the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That's an hour or 3 of tomorrow nights entertainment sorted so! The first was good then it really picked up in episode 2. Is episode 3 about the same length as the other 2 episodes?

Yeah it's about the same lenght. Maybe a little bit longer.

Just finished it off there. Didn't notice as much freezing as episode 2. Still a little bit but nothing to really take away from the experience.

Goes down some fairly dark paths and it's really moving the story along.

Choices wise
    Didn't shoot the girl, got rid of Lily, fought Kenny, didn't shoot duck (feel like I should have though, I'd already offered to do it) and I helped Christa (Would've helped Omid but I got caught up in the moment and just grabbed the first one I was on)
    It sucked when Carley died. The realtionship was built up really well although I thought the shooting was a little obvious when it was coming. However I will admit that they got me good when you had the dream and Clem had turned.

They can apologise, they can feel bad.. But in my opinion they rushed that game way too much... They never should have announced it if they where not going to know the consequences....People may think im being harsh... But at least in modern times we are wiery of delays, but this game is just constant delays... Without warning...

Some people may think im being inreasonable but if your in the games business you should not tell people your selling a part of a game, each month for 6 months if you know you cant do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't know what you are referring to , can you please say if the 3rd part was good or not without giving spoilers :D

Sorry :pac:

Yes it's good. There's some great moments in it. I preferred episode 2 and I thought the decisions you had to make were better in that but this episode seems to be building up more for the next episode and the over arcing storyline.

100% worth getting.

• Advertisement

Some people may think im being inreasonable but if your in the games business you should not tell people your selling a part of a game, each month for 6 months if you know you cant do that...

Quality game, well worth the wait.
    I was annoyed at first, but when part 2 came out - pure class.
    Doesn't bother me waiting for no 3.
    Nor will it bother me waiting for 4 and 5.

And when they release series 2 , I'll buy that too.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Quality game, well worth the wait.
    I was annoyed at first, but when part 2 came out - pure class.
    Doesn't bother me waiting for no 3.
    Nor will it bother me waiting for 4 and 5.

And when they release series 2 , I'll buy that too.

Yeah I wont deny its a quality game, but when you pay for quality games you should get quality... And if someone says they are producing an episode a month, you should get that episode a month.... Otherwise just release an episode when you can... And not one a month

Episode 3 was brilliant only issue im having is with the X button while trying to use both sticks. It is actually quite hard to move the left and right stick and hit X at the same time.

Plot spoiler
    I am changing during my play through I started all good and trying to help everyone, then I started changing in Ep 2 but still was fairly good but this one I was ruthless. I let the girl get eaten to give me more time for supplies and dumped that bitch lily on the side of the road and was trying to get rid of Kenny and his family all the way through it

Ending spoiler seriously don't read it !
    That ending though with the horde coming towards the train and then the walky talky bit oh boy can't wait for EP 4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well that was pure class.

Best episode yet in my opinion.
    Tried to save the girl, but kept missing, so she ended up getting eaten, was tempted to restart the episode, but playing it with a Whatever Happens, Happens attitude.

Didn't see the Carly thing coming, so kept Lilly, more so out of not knowing what to do with her.

Fought Kenny, he went for me in the end. I have been at odds with Kenny since start of Ep2.

Did not offer to shoot Duck, initially, but ended up shooting him in the end.

Saved the girl first at the end, more so out of just had to click the first one I saw.

Plot spoiler
    I am changing during my play through I started all good and trying to help everyone, then I started changing in Ep 2 but still was fairly good but this one I was ruthless. I let the girl get eaten to give me more time for supplies and dumped that bitch lily on the side of the road and was trying to get rid of Kenny and his family all the way through it
    I'm the same with the change from good to being more ruthless. The talk with Chuck where he gives out to you for coddling Clem really hit the nail on the head for me.

For those that kept Lily with them, does she make it to the end of the episode? IIRC this is the first time there has been a fairly major shift in the dynamics of the game from one decision to the other. Normally it's a one or the other situation, like with Carley and Doug or else the story reasserts it like with Shaun or Duck.

Although typing this out is now making me think that Lily survived and is going to be coming back. Shít this could end badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

For those that kept Lily with them, does she make it to the end of the episode?

You keep her in the RV, and there is a wee chat with her, anyways, she gets free and says that she is going away and asks you to come with her, bring clem too. I chose not to, and she head butted me, and knicked the RV.

We were then left with no choice but to take the train.

I was totally with Lily up to the point that she shot Carly, that was a pain, cause I can't stand Kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Although typing this out is now making me think that Lily survived and is going to be coming back. Shít this could end badly.
    I brought Lilly, I didn't want to leave her for the Walkers and it seemed like it'd create the most interesting group dynamic! I suspect your decision there will affect how she reacts to Lee when she returns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Ah for feck sake! Had most of episode 3 done last night, went to load it up today and it sent me back to episode 1 :( have to start 3 all over again! >:(

Ah for feck sake! Had most of episode 3 done last night, went to load it up today and it sent me back to episode 1 :( have to start 3 all over again! >:(

You say that like it's a bad thing :confused: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

You say that like it's a bad thing :confused: :pac:

I have to wait longer to see how it pans out now! :( I was looking forward to the conclusion!

Advertisement