Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

F1ngers wrote: »
    Yes.
    They did it with the last episode and Machinarium was put out today(yesterday).
    They do update outside of wednesdays.

Heres hoping we get it for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I posted on Sonny PS Ireland's FB page yesterday about the release date.

Playstationer.net just replied saying it would be live on PSN in 15 minutes.

I'm at work but can anyone else check this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I posted on Sonny PS Ireland's FB page yesterday about the release date.

Playstationer.net just replied saying it would be live on PSN in 15 minutes.

I'm at work but can anyone else check this?

Downloading it now. :D

How's that headache? ;)

Downloading it now. :D

How's that headache? ;)

It's getting quite bad actually. Plus I sneezed there a while ago, better head straight home!

Sickner really, I'm back in work at 5am saturday morning for the whole day on a project. Dunno when I'll get to play this.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    It's getting quite bad actually. Plus I sneezed there a while ago, better head straight home!

Sickner really, I'm back in work at 5am saturday morning for the whole day on a project. Dunno when I'll get to play this.

Won't get to play it til tomorrow, heading out to the pub for the match and there is no way I'm playing this while drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Won't get to play it til tomorrow, heading out to the pub for the match and there is no way I'm playing this while drunk.

You'd wake up in the middle of the night screaming obscenities at Kenny :D

Just downloaded it, gonna crack into it for an hour. Looks like there is an update to fix save file corruption

Holy F*ck balls, sh*t just got real!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Just posted our review this morning and just now got an email from Lee Everett ! Or at least the voice behind Lee Dave Fennoy. :D

What's he say ? Did you write to him or he read your review ?
    He is excellent in it :D

he wrote to us, put up the review then checked it a few hours later got a message from him saying he really liked it and thanks for the kind,words. have now organized a nice series of interviews with the cast and director that I'm hoping to run with ep 4.. got the interview from Kenny back late last night it turned out really good sound guy. They are all super nice in fact, telltale are rowing in behind it too sound bunch all round. fingers crossed it turns out to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

got the interview from Kenny back late last night it turned out really good sound guy.

Don't believe a word of it guys. It's all lies. We all know that Kenny is a complete jackass :pac:

• Advertisement

Fairplay grumpy! Ill def be checking out bone-idle.ie for those interviews!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Orim wrote: »
    Don't believe a word of it guys. It's all lies. We all know that Kenny is a complete jackass :pac:

Grumpy doesn't know this but
    he's gonna get a brick in the head
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Played Ep 3 on PC although plugged in the ol' PS3 controller w/motion-in-joy for some controller goodness. Feel bad for PS3 players, but thankfully that wait is over now.

Loved the episode, so many big, trying things happened in the episode, it felt much longer than the previous ones.
    I did think they made the decision to shoot the girl in the street a bit easier for me, as before I could take control, you saw her get a wee bite - so as far as i'm concerned, she's definitely going to die/become a zombie and so not worth risking your life. Damn Kenny had to tell everyone about how we left some woman to die! What's the point of carrying these burdens if you share it with everyone and sound like a monster!

Looking forward to replaying and trying different outcomes, like what i pressed the kid hard enough and sided with Lilly? It had to be the kid. I thought fighting Kenny by letting him punch me and getting his anger/sorrow out would be for the best. Although I did fight back once to show him I'm not a pushover.

I didn't shoot Duck, thought that duty should be left up to the parents. Couldn't believe the outcome though, heartwrenching. Didn't appreciate new girl giving me guff about Clem, Ms Noob acting like she's got better interests at heart! There was no "cuss her out" dialogue option :P

Definitely think helping Omid first (the injured guy) was the right decision. I get the feeling he'd waffle his leg anyway if I pushed him, at least this was it was his own fault.

Overall, wow, it was dark, but
    it was really very interesting, can't wait to play it again with my family. Great stuff, highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Orim wrote: »

I was all for Kenny until ep 3
    when he left me trapped under that door at the start to fend for myself
    I left the game there but when I go back I'm being as hostile as I can to the guy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

You have to give Telltale credit where it's due. Sure they made us wait an extra 10 days but god this game is worth it. A masterpiece :D

Have to say Clem is one of my favourite characters from any game/tv series.
    Shot the girl in the street. Mainly to go against Kenny.

I was gobsmacked when Lily shot Carly. I obviously left the psycho on the side of the road as don't want her near Clem.

All along Kenny has been a douche but you cant help but feel for the guy after what happened to him in this episode. I chose to shoot Duck for him.

Can't warm to Ben especially since he got Carly killed.

New people are weird. That nosey woman questioning Lee's handling of Clem. Would have liked a speech option to tell her where to go.

Next episode looks epic. Cant wait 4/6 weeks roll on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Downloaded it yesterday, and I can't get past a certain because there's no invert-Y axis. Can't believe they didn't include that as an option tbh.

I've played through the previous two episodes but I've managed fine without it, but the section with
    the bandits attacking the motel and you have a sniper rifle
    is impossible for me to do without Invert-Y

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    Downloaded it yesterday, and I can't get past a certain because there's no invert-Y axis. Can't believe they didn't include that as an option tbh.

By far my biggest complaint with the game and one that sucked a lot of the fun out of it for me. I love FPS games and yet that still took me 10 tries to finally get past.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Fully agree, that section was a pain to get through, took me about 10 tries!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

he wrote to us, put up the review then checked it a few hours later got a message from him saying he really liked it and thanks for the kind,words. have now organized a nice series of interviews with the cast and director that I'm hoping to run with ep 4.. got the interview from Kenny back late last night it turned out really good sound guy. They are all super nice in fact, telltale are rowing in behind it too sound bunch all round. fingers crossed it turns out to be good.

Nice job man !!
    Would be amazing if you could maybe record the interview and have it as a PodCast or something on the site to go alongside the text :D
    Get up some juicy questions for them, have they watch the tv series / books etc, can they relate to their character.

Looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Nice job man !!
    Would be amazing if you could maybe record the interview and have it as a PodCast or something on the site to go alongside the text :D
    Get up some juicy questions for them, have they watch the tv series / books etc, can they relate to their character.

Looking forward to it :D

Thanks man, if you have anything in particular you want asked i can throw it at them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Anyone see bugs with the ps3 game. just started playing it and have an invisible duck. I can hear him but not see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Thanks man, if you have anything in particular you want asked i can throw it at them.

Can they get the rest of the episodes quicker? :pac:

Also there was talk of a second season, is this definte, possible or wishful thinking?

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Anyone see bugs with the ps3 game. just started playing it and have an invisible duck. I can hear him but not see him.

Had a couple of "slow-downs" moments that didn't affect gameplay, but when Chuck and Lee stopped talking at the front of the train, I was "dropped" into the game, I could move the camera around, all I could see were one dimensional trees and the train and tracks above me. Had to load my last check-point, was fine then.

Are these bugs on PS3 or 360 ?
    I've not come across any bugs as of yet on any episode on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Had a couple of "slow-downs" moments that didn't affect gameplay, but when Chuck and Lee stopped talking at the front of the train, I was "dropped" into the game, I could move the camera around, all I could see were one dimensional trees and the train and tracks above me. Had to load my last check-point, was fine then.

Happened to me and my girlfriend aswell. As a side note
    she started crying when it came to Duck being put out his misery... the softie... I found this funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Are these bugs on PS3 or 360 ?
    I've not come across any bugs as of yet on any episode on PC

2 bugs on ps3. One small one that a character disappears. Also the one after talking to kenny the screen decides to go under your character so you can't see where you are but trees passing. Reloading the last load fixed it for me and a poster above.
    Not too bad for 2 weeks later then pc and xbox ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Great game. just finished Episode 3 now. I was shocked when
    Lilly shot Carley. Carley was my favourite character so naturally I left Lilly behind.

I knew that
    Ben had to be the thief. He was supposed to be keeping guard; why else would he let the bandits get so close if he wasn't expecting them?

Re the cliffhanger,
    I think it's one of the St John brothers from Ep 2. I'm sure we told them where we were headed, and I only killed one of them. And even if you did 'kill' them both, one might have survived

Finally got to finish Episode 3 there, Telltale you brilliant bastards! Can't wait for the Boards Games awards so I can nominate this GOTY along with Lee and Clem for best characters!

My choices
    I shot the girl, looked like she was gonna have a slow death and we were getting up on that truck.

I abandoned the psycho, even though I suspected it was the kid, she was going mental. Hope she makes an appearance in Season 3 of the show ;).
    I see me and only 47% of players left Lilly. Did any of ye bring her along?

I waited 3 episodes to punch Kenny, hell yeah I fought him!

I shot Duck, what an emmotional moment. Actually feel sorry for Kenny now but still he pissed he left me trapped under the door.

I helped Omid but by complete accident.

God help Telltale if they give Clem a bad ending, Lee & Clem are the best Game duo in years!

Near the end I
    Pushed Omid off , but I thought it was a friendly push..and then seen him bounce off and actually screamed out NOOOOOO !!! - the managed to help the girl on the train..and she called me a bastard

I had to restart, as I couldn't bare it, let him jump himself, he still fell off, this time I help him on, and the girl managed to catch up ...

Does he manage to catch up if you help her up first ?

• Advertisement

Near the end I
    Does he manage to catch up if you help her up first ?

Yes.

Advertisement