Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Episode 4 will be early next month according to an article on X360a.org, (Can't post link, am at work, deal with it :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Nothing on the Telltale site but IGN agrees. Early October

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/09/26/the-walking-dead-the-game-episode-4-in-october

While looking around I found that it's also getting a disc release.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n10767/the-walking-dead-to-get-retail-disc-release.htm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Apparently, they want the retail release for December. So all episodes will need to be finished by then (or that's what IGN say).

Looking forward to that, as i'm not starting it till they are all released.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Telltale released a 'what did people do in Ep. 3' vid showing the global stats so far. Obvious spoilers for Episode 3.

I can't believe 55% of people still
    brought Lilly along!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

sheehy83 wrote: »
    brought Lilly along!

That was my reaction too... Felt sure I'd be in the majority there... Funnily enough, this seems to be the episode where I've been in the minority more often than not. Really looking forward to part 4. This is definitely one of my high-points of the gaming year.

• Advertisement

That was my reaction too... Felt sure I'd be in the majority there....

I was talking to one of the lads in work who let her stay on and he said the
    shooting was an accident after a tussle for the gun and doug gets killed instead. So I gues most people who had Doug with them saw it as an accident and let her stay?

In my game she was a complete psycho and got left at the side of the road,
    plus knowing what she does in the comics, I don't have to be worrying about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »

brought Lilly along!

Well, I feel I must explain myself here.
    I brought her along, purely out of not knowing what the hell to do with her, and I suspected Kenny of the theft, and never suspected Ben or Carly. I could always ditch her later I thought, but right now, get in the van, I might need her against Kenny, who I can't wait to get rid of.

Anyways, when is Ep 4 out. I was hoping today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Anyways, when is Ep 4 out. I was hoping today.

It's only being play tested at the moment.
    No mention of it being submitted to PSN or XBL yet. Probably another week/10 days after submission, unless you are unfortunate to be on EU PSN, then who knows.

News from IGN on release date:
    IGN wrote:
    The fourth episode of Telltale's Walking Dead series, titled Around Every Corner, will be released in the US on Tuesday, October 9th on PlayStation Network for $4.99 or as part of the Season Pass for $19.99. The episode will appear just a day later on Xbox Live Arcade on Wednesday, October 10th for 400 MS Points, and on PC and Mac via the Telltale Games Store and other distribution platforms, including Steam and Origin.

International release dates have yet to be finalised.

Here's hoping we get it Wednesday!

Reading Rise of the governor at the moment and since a strong part of it is about a man protecting his daughter, it's really making me want to finish Lee and Clems story.

I think we (euro psn users) would be lucky to get this on the 17th Oct. 24th Oct might be more realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just in time for compendium 2 !!

Mine is on pre-order anyways :D

http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-Volume/dp/1607065967

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Battleborn

It's irritating how long apart each episode is but daamn they are so worth every buck :) Episode 3 was brilliant definitely my favourite so far,cannot wait for the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭crybaby

Just finished Episode One really enjoyed it, nice to play a game where the dialogue is actually enjoyable to listen to, I also like the the timer to make your mind up.

Could do with more puzzle solving will start episode 2 today

This should be an interesting read when available:

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/the-walking-dead-interviews-hub/
    To celebrate the release of Episode 4 we will be publishing the first interview on Wednesday.
    ...obviously not the EU release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

calex71 wrote: »

FYP - Looks like us PS3 owners have another indefinite wait...:(

EDIT: Note to self, buy episodic content from the US PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Thank to a US season pass im downloading episode 4 on PS3 now. Woot !

Also if anyone is interested we will be running a series of interviews with the cast over the next few days. Lee, Clem, Lilly, Kenny, Katjaa, Dany st John, and Clarisa and Omid who just arrived in Ep 3 to name a few and the director who put all those performances together.

Thank to a US season pass im downloading episode 4 on PS3 now. Woot !

Also if anyone is interested we will be running a series of interviews with the cast over the next few days. Lee, Clem, Lilly, Kenny, Katjaa, Dany st John, and Clarisa and Omid who just arrived in Ep 3 to name a few and the director who put all those performances together.

Three posts back...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't find it in the marketplace ....

blobby360 wrote: »
    Can't find it in the marketplace ....

Patience man!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I haven't played Episode 3 yet, double-bill for me this weekend :)

Bone-idle.ie have their first interview up with Brian Sommer aka Danny St. John from episode 2. I'm glad I didn't
    stick him with the pitch fork now
    :)

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/the-walking-dead-interviews-brian-sommer-aka-danny-st-john/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I haven't played Episode 3 yet, double-bill for me this weekend :)

same! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Just finished it there on Pc. Another very strong episode, glad to see the quality and tension is being maintained to such a high standard throughout each new episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well this is just great , i see they haven't patched the game to fix the issue that only lets you play it on the console you bought the 1st episode on :mad:

I'm up at home for a week so looks like I'll have to wait. It's not that I can't play it, just wont let me load my save or if I start a new game from ep 4 ill have lost my choices and the ability to save progress :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Just finished episode 4, really tense, for people that haven't played it yet don't look at the spoilers below

Spoilers
    Should have seen the bite coming, AHHHHHHHH, any one else let your man go instead of pulling him up? As soon as he ran away from helping Clementine I was just waiting for an opportunity to take care of him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Gut-wrenching stuff; they really know how to turn the screw and I can't think of a single other game that's so effective at hitting you emotionally.
    In particular, forcing you to dig each shovel-full of dirt when burying the kid was horrible yet effective, and spoke more than any amount of dialogue
    Once more you simply have to admire how an ostensibly 'lo-fi' game feels more convincing with its human cast than most current-gen title, fair play to the artists & animators.

It's funny though, because at this stage whenever something seemingly good happens to the crew, you know it's about to go completely wrong almost immediately, so perhaps minus points for the scriptwriters constantly using this (by now) predictable tactic.

Choices-wise:
    I saved Ben; I'm not sure why but given I can never bring myself to play the bad guy, in a game like this that counts for double. Yeah he left Clem, but he's just a kid & arguably more in need of protection than Clem (having taught her to shoot, she saved my bacon on the stairwell) I don't think he deserves to die because of this.
    Totally gutted Lee got bitten, it's just a matter of time now & I guess there really won't be a happy ending for any of this; all I can do is make sure enough people escape & live, Ben included.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Great episode I really like these short bursts that i can start and finish in an evening with out it feeling like a chore.
    I saved Ben too, even though I wanted to drop him at the last second i changed my mind and pulled him up. I did hide the bite I just panicked again was just about to tell them but wasn't ready

Ep 4 was pretty darn cool I was talking to the director of ep 4 last night going to be interviewing him very soon, and Molly too what a great character she was and it's her first voice acting job!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Played through it twice today so see how other avenues pan out. I quite enjoyed it, but I didn't feel it was as excellent as Episode 3. I don't think things resonated with me as well as it was supposed to, and it obviously did in others!

Listen, i'll just spoiler everything.
    After Ben ran away and left Clem to the walkers at the start, I was ready to drop him next chance I got. But over the course of the story, I felt he needed & badly wanted to prove himself despite himself, so I helped him up (even after moments ago saying we should leave him behind!!)

Although it was sad digging the grave, it was a child and dog we didn't know, unlike Duck, so I wasn't that sad about it.

I'm kinda sick of dealing with Kenny. Especially in this episode he seems very little help. I suppose he knows how to work a boat but he quite hurts morale in the group. I chose to shoot attic boy as Kenny was on his knees, let him sit this one out. I suppose I was a little annoyed we didn't get to properly search for Clem's parents, well at least go to her old house. I didn't appreciate the brow-beating at the end of the game by old man withers either!

Man, being stalked is very freaky, they integrated it very well and left a massive, sad cliffhanger. I can't believe Lee got bitten - even replayed it to make sure there wasn't a way around it - but it's a great push to make sure people play the final chapter. I thought the story might close with having to choose between your life and clem's, or maybe a happy ending, but it's gonna be a tearful one regardless. I initially hid the bite, then I came clean. Loved the more action-orientated segments. I don't suppose there's any way to kill all of them at the start, as Chuck has to come in for the rescue. The bell tower was also pretty cool as well. People should learn to barricade doors! Plenty of bookcases and tables going about :)

How are people liking Omar and his girl-friend? Who do you think the stalker will be? And who was Molly looking for (she had a picture of a brunette)? She knew someone in Crawford, so was she kicked out?
    Overall I still really enjoyed it, it's been a harrowing road, can't wait to see the horrific conclusion!

• Advertisement

Update - The Walking Dead: Episode 4 launches in EU on 17th October

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU

Whoop-de-fcuking-doo...:(

Advertisement